Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Bug] My popcorn a210 is really dead: no video signal when i turn it on.
05-03-2011, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2011 08:59 AM by werner.)
My popcorn a210 is really dead: no video signal when i turn it on.
My popcorn a210 haven't video signal. It was working perfect until now for 3 months. Today, i turn on and i see "no signal tv". If i push red botton on the remote led is white, if i push again the red botton nothing occurs (it doesn't go to standby mode like always). Only response if i push the red botton some seconds and turn off completely.

I read in this forum the same problem. Send the machine to popcorn is the only solution?. What can i do?.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2011, 12:12 PM
RE: My popcorn a210 is really dead: no video signal when i turn it on.
I just had exactly the same problem this weekend, on Saturday I was using it, restarted it and when it came back on I had no video output. Attempted to use the yellow CVBS rca video output but no joy. Try pressing tv mode and then 0 to turn it back to automatic, but mine wouldnt switch off either even though it would boot up!

I took it back to the store who replaced it after testing it.

They weren't specific but agreed it was dead...

Sorry to break the bad news but I'd guess it needs replacing!!

Nick
05-04-2011, 12:56 PM
(05-04-2011 12:12 PM)laserblues2 Wrote:  I just had exactly the same problem this weekend, on Saturday I was using it, restarted it and when it came back on I had no video output. Attempted to use the yellow CVBS rca video output but no joy. Try pressing tv mode and then 0 to turn it back to automatic, but mine wouldnt switch off either even though it would boot up!

I took it back to the store who replaced it after testing it.

They weren't specific but agreed it was dead...

Sorry to break the bad news but I'd guess it needs replacing!!

Nick

Hello Nick.

I try the tvmode+0 too but, i knew that the problem wasn't the resolution of tv. Always worked perfect with my tv. I knew that it was a bad problem when i push the red botton once and it still was showing the white led. Only response if i push a few seconds the botton red to turn off completely. The problem is not the video output, is the power unit or a problem on mother board. It's impossible to repair by software.
05-07-2011, 12:20 PM
The same problem here
05-07-2011, 01:01 PM
It seems that popcorn a210 must have a design problem on its hardware. Too much popcorns have this problem. I hope they have a solution. I'm waiting now the response of popcorn's support. I'm really sure that i will must send it for fixing the problem.
05-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I can't see it when there's only 3 of you here. Even if there were many more it still would be less than 1% which is certainly less than usually failure for electrical components in any device.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
I see some threads more with people with the sme problem. An example on this link:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=36338

I can read exactly my problem on this lines from the link above:

Remote again : no response.
Remote few seconds: power down. ( flashing red -> steady red )
Remote on: White led
Remote again : no response.

A-200 recovery procedure: no response."...

Well it isn't the problem of 3 guys only.
05-11-2011, 08:54 AM
I understand it is damn frustrating when it happens to you, it usually happens to me I'm very unlucky with elexctrical purchases. I'm not diminishing the frustration you feel and with which I emphathise, I'm just saying to you that even if there ere hundreds of problems the casue can be varied and the numbers are within manufacturing levels.

Have you heard from Customer Support? stick with the no video signal and don't get yourself into white v's red led etc. as that just complicates matters when the issue is not picture. Plus apart from a couple of presses not appearing to register it works as expected in the post above:-

Mains on: red light on.

^^ Is the norm on my C200

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
05-13-2011, 07:33 AM
It fails when you push botton red without pressing some seconds, the normal action is put "stand by" mode, but it does'nt it. This + "no video signal" are the problems i have. I wrote the Customer Support, i'm waitting it since one week and technical support doesn't reply.
05-13-2011, 07:58 AM
It could be that your remote is broken too.

On the C200 it's easy to test for since it has a front panel but since the A200 doesn't, it makes it difficult to ascertain if it's the base unit, remote or even HDMI cable that's at fault.

The only way you can discern from your end is to at least isolate if the HDMI port on your A200/TV is faulty by using a component cable and try cycling the power again.

A200 connected to 32" Samsung UA32C5000
C200 connected to Denon 1610 AVR and 42" LG 42LH50YR
Encore ENHGS-500 5 port Gigabit switch.
05-13-2011, 11:35 PM
I have the same problem. the A210 worked well. Today turned it on, nothing. Only making a weird sound every other second.

No fcking clue whats the problem. Tried everything above. Niente, nada nothing.

Never ever encountered something with a piece of electrics. Moreover, a lot of people having this problem. So please do not make the problem smaller than it is.
05-14-2011, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2011 10:43 PM by strategia.)
Hi guys.

I tell you my experience and I found the solution to the problem.

One day when I get home I find my PCH with LEDs that light and white light. I connect my TV through the HDMI channel and displays a sign "No Signal" I turn off the device, restart and you see nothing. So a few times until I can only despair. The next day I get to work, I make backups of all information and reset the firmware performed as indicated by the PCH on this page:

http://support.popcornhour.com/article.aspx?id=1102

Recall that my A-200 had version "02-04-110308-21-POP-411-000"

The entire process is done correctly, but on reboot I only see the black banner of "popcorn hour loading" and passing the green sign "networkmediatank" this is not television and returns to the lineup "no signal. " I almost died of disgust. I repeated the process two more times to no avail. I decided not to try more with the HDMI connection and I did use the S-Video. What was my surprise to see that everything worked perfectly. The error was clear, the PCH worked and something happened with the HDMI output to hardware or software level.

My solution:

1º Connect your PCH with the S-video or component - NO HDMI
2º Access the configuration panel PCH
3º Menu Audio / Video >> Video Output >> Select "Auto" (error: In my case it was set to 1080p at 60MHz)
4º Click Save.
5º Disconnect the S-video or component
6º HDMI Switch
7º Turn on PCH
8º Problem resolved.
9º Enjoy your PCH

I hope that helps.

Xatu, if not you are unsure, drop me a private and I'll tell you.
05-17-2011, 01:35 PM
After two days, it works again. No clue why, but it does. Tried everything but nothing worked. And just yesterdaymorning, it worked.

I have the feeling the a210 is just not that stable.
05-21-2011, 06:48 AM
I recieved my A-210 on Thursday 19/5/11 which I had configured and transferred all my media during lunch and done the latest software updates. I then watched a bluray movie lastnight and this morning I turned it on, no HDMI output. I tried RCA and I got display again which I then tried the above procedures of resetting it back to factory default. After a restart I got HDMI to work for a moment then it disappeared again. Switched to RCA and no output, tried SVideo and nothing!!! Unit has a white led light and that's it. Power button on the remote does nothing to change the LED status.

Unit isn't even 48hrs old and it's not working!

I got this from Streammaster Australia, so should I call them and have this replaced as DOA or something?
06-04-2011, 11:22 AM
I have the same problem again.

the white light keeps flashing.

Composite didnt work.

If I pull out the power and put it in, it keeps flashing a white light every second and nothing happens. Again, making a strange sound.

any ideas?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Bug] A210 audio out of sync rbixrbix 9 410 03-09-2014 09:26 PM
Last Post: rbixrbix
Video [Bug] Video problem jopetro 1 379 03-06-2014 09:25 AM
Last Post: Willem53
Exclamation [Bug] C200 Dead, No light on Power Button Quadzilla 1 357 03-03-2014 10:38 PM
Last Post: BanditRider
  [Bug] My C-200 hangs while decoding Video jumpingjackgazz 3 488 02-27-2014 09:33 AM
Last Post: jumpingjackgazz
  [Bug] Popcorn Hour A-210 network problem... gizmo69 24 14,684 01-20-2014 03:38 AM
Last Post: mendes9
  [Bug] A210 problem from the new firmware. impossible to see mkv wihout video and sound prob xatu 4 1,301 01-03-2014 07:27 PM
Last Post: mrtim
  [Bug] a-210 dead???? dexter69 6 743 11-13-2013 01:07 AM
Last Post: dexter69
  [Bug] My A210 is dead xiaorui 8 941 10-10-2013 01:26 PM
Last Post: xiaorui
Question [Feature] Video Playlist rgracie 0 499 09-28-2013 11:31 PM
Last Post: rgracie
  [Bug] Audio Video Sync delay PCH-A210 shaishap 2 773 09-27-2013 07:19 PM
Last Post: shaishap