Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Soon] TheMovieDB and TheTVDB APIs and metadata used for all players
05-09-2011, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2011 10:25 AM by werner.)
[Soon] TheMovieDB and TheTVDB APIs and metadata used for all players
Hello all,

Syabas has recently been given permission by TheTVDB to use their APIs and metadata in all of our players. We will be switching from IMDB to TheMovieDB and TheTVDB, coming soon.

If you find the service to be good, please consider donating to help offset the costs of running their databases. We hope that if you cannot contribute monetarily, that you consider contributing your time in adding metadata on to their databases to ensure accuracy, robustness, and creating new titles that may not already exist.

You can donate for thetvdb here (Click on the image):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=173]

Please help also, to keep the sites updated with new titles and translations

[Image: attachment.php?aid=175]

Regards,
Werner

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 21 users say Thank You to werner for this post
05-09-2011, 10:12 PM
RE: [Soon] TheMovieDB and TheVDB API's and metadata used for all players
Excelent. Looking forward to this great addition.
05-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I just want to stress the donate your time, everything on those sites some user before you has added. If you find something like genres or cast/director is missing. It takes a few seconds to make an account and fill in the information and everyone benefits from your time.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to accident for this post
05-09-2011, 10:25 PM
I tried to add episodes and titles but even after weeks there were not online.

I'm quite disappointed and have not understood why.

For others to avoid incur in the same issue can you explain how to provide the info ?

mf

If this message was usefull for you please thank me.

If you have found me or my programs usefull please click on my reputation and let me know... I have a reputation to hold up
05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Does this mean IMDb will be removed completely, or is it optional? I still prefer IMDb for movies, really.

17TB WHS 2011 w/FlexRaid -> PCH C200: Hitachi 2,5" 160GB & LG CH08 BD-ROM -> Onkyo TX-SR507B -> Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
[Image: watched-fanart.jpg]
05-09-2011, 10:30 PM
All you need to do is create a login and unless the show is "locked", you'll see new options to upload images, add data.. make sure you hit the save.. They do have some minor rules, like they do not allow sporting events and their mods will followup the newly added data very fast to remove it.

If there's any issues, use their forum and they have one just for changes/problems. Like they may lock a series and it starts and to get it unlocked you need to request it. They will not answer any forum request if you don't give them a direct link to the exact page of the site your asking about (or tv show for lock/unlock requests).
05-09-2011, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2011 10:44 PM by mfsav2.)
Thank you accident. Will try again.

(05-09-2011 10:27 PM)Adrgha Wrote:  Does this mean IMDb will be removed completely, or is it optional? I still prefer IMDb for movies, really.

For the movies I have all my movies scraped with EMM and injected with my program. I'm not sure is EMM supports theMovieDB.

Please can you leave IMDB too?

Also I've looked at several movies, even very new, on theMovieDB and they miss several info like the keywords:

theMovieDB
IMDB

there is no comparrison, IMDB is 1000 more complete

I can understand it has a cost associated if you use the API as explained here Licensing IMDB but I think is worthy Smile

If this message was usefull for you please thank me.

If you have found me or my programs usefull please click on my reputation and let me know... I have a reputation to hold up
05-09-2011, 10:51 PM
IMDB votes for the movie: 31 548
theMovieDB votes for same movie: 68
it speaks for itself
[+] 3 users say Thank You to strenkp for this post
05-09-2011, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2011 11:20 PM by werner.)
sorry but what has votes todo with quality or available content? I think also this discussion is intereresting Wink made by some devs in here lol

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=44402

and it is up to the users, if you miss something then add it Wink

Regards,
Werner
05-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Hmm. IMDB is far more superior IMHO

Samsung UE32B7020, Yamaha RX-V3900 , SKY+ HD ,Popcorn Hour C-200, Qnap TS-410, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360, Wii, Bose Acoustimass 15, Logitech Harmony 1000 and RF Extender
05-09-2011, 11:42 PM
For now, we will be using those services. For us, IMDB does not offer all the information we currently need or require. We are looking into other services that offer more robust metadata.

The former Steve.Young in Blue. Onwards to greener pastures.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2011, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 12:23 AM by buyukbang.)
I completely agree with strenkp and really want to see IMDB content, especially votes, rating, description and comments, namely text based content. I cannot even argue that. Otherwise, this will be a disappointing downgrade for my C200. Only thing that should be imported from themoviedb are the images (backdrop and coverarts for NMJ).

(05-09-2011 10:51 PM)strenkp Wrote:  IMDB votes for the movie: 31 548
theMovieDB votes for same movie: 68
it speaks for itself

(05-09-2011 11:02 PM)werner Wrote:  sorry but what has votes todo with quality or available content? I think also this discussion is intereresting Wink made by some devs in here lol

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=44402

and it is up to the users, if you miss something then add it Wink

Regards,
Werner
05-10-2011, 12:17 AM
will imdb movie tag, for example "tt1587669" be conveted to acompaning TheMovieDB reference for the same movie or will we have to edit all our nfos?
05-10-2011, 12:22 AM
yes imdb id still get used
05-10-2011, 12:22 AM
(05-10-2011 12:17 AM)kiranos Wrote:  will imdb movie tag, for example "tt1587669" be conveted to acompaning TheMovieDB reference for the same movie or will we have to edit all our nfos?

your example is a little off as its a tv show lol. so it will not be in themovedb but yes they could TMDB for almost every movie has the imdb tt llink over the api now if syabas uses it is another question.

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
:) ;) :cool: :D
:P :rolleyes: :shy: :(
:lightbulb: :angry: :-/ (A)
:heart: :dodgy: :blush: :huh:
:my: :sleepy: :exclamation: :S
[get more]