Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Soon] TheMovieDB and TheTVDB APIs and metadata used for all players
05-13-2011, 10:43 PM
RE: [Soon] TheMovieDB and TheTVDB API's and metadata used for all players
If I recal correctly it is in the detail page of the movie. Keywords is active.

If this message was usefull for you please thank me.

If you have found me or my programs usefull please click on my reputation and let me know... I have a reputation to hold up
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2011, 03:27 PM
I have a question about image downloading. Currently NMJ only downloads the movie poster. Will NMJ also download fanart when you switch to TheMovieDB/TheTVDB?

PCH: A110 and C200, TV: Sony Bravia 40W5500, Storage: QNAP TS-419P NAS
05-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Awesome news. Now I just have to wait for NMJ to be able to mount multiple USB drives as one source, without network functionality..

I have to return some videotapes.
05-16-2011, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2011 05:40 AM by janausch.)
I'm curious, has any of this already taken effect?

I rebuilt my NMJ library last night from scratch after installing a new HDD and the scan came out very different from what I had before. One particular movie stood out where the old library would show the IMBD poster and now it shows the TheMovieDB poster; some TV series, especially Scooby Doo, did not scan correctly at all and I know from prior experimenting that IMDB actually has most of those episodes and TheTVDB doesn't have them at all.

Cheers,
/ThJ
05-16-2011, 06:13 AM
^^ no they have not been made yet.
05-16-2011, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2011 06:54 AM by janausch.)
Actually, not to put too fine a point on it, looking at "Resident Evil: Degeneration", for example:
In my old DB this came up as "Biohazard: Degeneration" and wasn't sorted with the other Resident Evil movies (quite annoying actually) - just like IMDB lists it. After the new scan yesterday it is now shown as "Resident Evil: Degeneration" (just as I would expect it!) - and just like TheMovieDB lists it. The plot summary actually matches TheMovieDB whereas IMDB has a totally different summary. I am using my own poster so it's using my JPG file for that.

So, unless I'm missing something here, this new data really does look like it came from TMDB.

BTW, I am looking at this change as a good thing in the long run ...
05-16-2011, 09:45 AM
I've never used TMDB for movies before. IMDB and OFDB are my places to go.
I had a quick look at TMDB and was quite "shocked" how incomplete and partly erroneous it is when it comes to not so popular movies.
Seems like the TMDB community has to grow and get more active to get better data.

I find it quite easy to add or change data so I hope that a lot of people will contribute in the future.
05-16-2011, 10:53 PM
(05-10-2011 05:26 PM)jopereira Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 10:19 AM)DavoTheDiv Wrote:  I trust the nmj devs to do the right thing by it's users, so if the devs are happy, so am I.

+1.
Save money not paying IMDB, and spend it developing a better, faster NMJ. I'm still wainting for a good music jukebox Cool

I don't use YAMJ, but I find OVERSIGHT to be very good scrapping info (it uses those two databases, right?).

I know oversight uses TheTVDB for TV Shows, but I believe it uses a mixture for Movies to aid multilingual support - @lordy would be able to answer this one

Angle Only Fallen Angels can sing this loud!

Popcorn Hour C-200 / A-300
Sony DB3500ES
Samsung 3D LED 46"
iMac 27"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2011, 01:27 PM
RE: [Soon] TheMovieDB and TheVDB API's and metadata used for all players
(05-09-2011 10:15 PM)accident Wrote:  I just want to stress the donate your time, everything on those sites some user before you has added. If you find something like genres or cast/director is missing. It takes a few seconds to make an account and fill in the information and everyone benefits from your time.

Exactly. For some of the lesser known tv shows and movies it takes me maybe a few minutes to add to TVDB/TMDB, and by doing this I get correct metadata no matter what player/front end I am using if it relies on TVDB/TMDB

Cheers,
Damian

blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
05-28-2011, 09:13 PM
(05-16-2011 10:53 PM)tiefling Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 05:26 PM)jopereira Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 10:19 AM)DavoTheDiv Wrote:  I trust the nmj devs to do the right thing by it's users, so if the devs are happy, so am I.

+1.
Save money not paying IMDB, and spend it developing a better, faster NMJ. I'm still wainting for a good music jukebox Cool

I don't use YAMJ, but I find OVERSIGHT to be very good scrapping info (it uses those two databases, right?).

I know oversight uses TheTVDB for TV Shows, but I believe it uses a mixture for Movies to aid multilingual support - @lordy would be able to answer this one

Yes , I find a federated approach is best. take the best of what each source has to offer. However, I don't pay for IMDB license Smile

I have got the backend scraper running on my nas box now, so in the future may adapt this for input into NMJ.

Oversight: Jukebox | FeedTime: Automatic nzbs
06-19-2011, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2011 08:32 PM by Specter.)
RE: [Soon] TheMovieDB and TheTVDB APIs and metadata used for all players
Im starting to think this was not such a good idea as i left my database to update last night and now a family member just asked me Why does "Family Guy - Something Something Something Dark Side" shows up as .............well lets just say someone hates the user negitavefusion so they placed a few F's as the movie title.

Huh

PCH A-200 16GB USB -> HDMI -> Samsung LN46A650 | A200 -> Toslink -> Logitech Z-5500 (Harmony 700)
PCH C-200 8GB USB -> HDMI -> Sharp LC46D64U (Harmony 550)
Eversion Whisper eskin + WHS V1 (25TB Q6600/4GB RAM ) -> Mediasonic HR82-SU3S2 (Backup)
D-Link DNS 323 for sale
08-17-2011, 10:32 AM
so any time frame on when we can expect this??
10-08-2011, 03:01 PM
When will this be available please?
10-08-2011, 05:48 PM
They switched over months ago.. there was nothing to update on your side
12-07-2011, 03:15 PM
As I mentioned in this thread, I've got a couple of movies that are not recognized correctly. Strange thing is that those movies have a .nfo file with the IMDB ID, which should be translated to the correct movie on TheMovieDB. Is there a more failsafe solution? Using the IDs from TheMovieDB for instance?

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
:) ;) :cool: :D
:P :rolleyes: :shy: :(
:lightbulb: :angry: :-/ (A)
:heart: :dodgy: :blush: :huh:
:my: :sleepy: :exclamation: :S
[get more]