Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Please vote GOOD or BAD for all Options
This poll is closed.
Colors: good 11.08% 172 11.08%
Colors: bad 22.22% 345 22.22%
Icons: good 8.05% 125 8.05%
Icons: bad 25.18% 391 25.18%
Layout: good 6.25% 97 6.25%
Layout: bad 27.24% 423 27.24%
Total 1553 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
NMJ V2 Source Menu whats your opinion
06-11-2011, 08:29 AM
RE: NMJ V2 Source Menu whats your opinion
(05-22-2011 04:42 PM)sanctrum Wrote:  I hate Windows Phone 7 interface. It does not look modern at all and it is several steps back into icon design. All it can propose is the smooth animation motion. Nothing else. It is just ugly as much it can be.

Now transferring it to NMT is just a joke, yes?

Your personal opinion about Windows Phone 7's Metro interface is not in place here. You can like it or not but don't do it here.

In fact Metro is a good interface which is now being ported to Windows 8 and it is very positively received.

"All it can propose is the smooth animation motion."
No it can not. The Windows Phone 7 devices have an integrated GPU which the PCH does not have. The GPU is responsible for the fluid animations.
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2011, 08:41 PM
(06-11-2011 08:29 AM)mediator Wrote:  
(05-22-2011 04:42 PM)sanctrum Wrote:  I hate Windows Phone 7 interface. It does not look modern at all and it is several steps back into icon design. All it can propose is the smooth animation motion. Nothing else. It is just ugly as much it can be.

Now transferring it to NMT is just a joke, yes?

Your personal opinion about Windows Phone 7's Metro interface is not in place here. You can like it or not but don't do it here.

In fact Metro is a good interface which is now being ported to Windows 8 and it is very positively received.

"All it can propose is the smooth animation motion."
No it can not. The Windows Phone 7 devices have an integrated GPU which the PCH does not have. The GPU is responsible for the fluid animations.

Your personal opinion about mine opinion... that is really not in place here. Tongue

You like Metro? So buy yourself some Win Phone and use it. I shall not. And I do not want any of this in media tank... even if somehow my TV set would have multitouch 3D screen Big Grin

C200 (MB rev. 0946) --> HDMI --> Harman Kardon AVR 255 (firmware 0.98.3.1) --> HDMI --> Samsung LE32R71B
C200: internal 2,5” 640GB HDD, Lite-On iHOS104, All audio RAW pass through.
06-11-2011, 09:41 PM
(06-11-2011 08:11 AM)accident Wrote:  they tried that with the popbox.. Smile actually some of the popbox I do like better.

Yeah I think the PopBox UI is better and a move in the right direction. Definitely an improvement in many areas but it could be designed to be even more simple than it is. I think there are parts of the UI some people would still find a little confusing.
06-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Can we have an interface based on what users want to access on their PCH. and give users a choice in the menu: choosing old/new GUI.

most used functions must be easily accessed but also the plain old good directory structure is a need for many i belief.

again, vivid colors are for the happy few i guess reading this thread. i dont like it, i prefer a color scheme like we have now.

C200 and A200 both with 1,5 TB Samsung Green, wired 100 Mb LAN. I love those Apps: PWRC, UZG.
(a WD caviar green 500Gb gave hang-ups with the C200).

Sony 42W5500 with Sony 5.1 Home theatre setup and LG 37LD450.
Three External HDD's of 350 Gb (1) and 500 Gb (2) on a different physical location for extra Back-Up.
06-14-2011, 09:12 PM
I just saw a video of the Windows 8 gui.

It's meant for touchscreens, but I find it very colorful and attractive, and I think the devs should watch it and maybe borrow the style.

It also demonstrates what many want from the NMJ UI, which is the ability to customize the front screen. The apps we use the most could be ready on the first screen, and not require us to navigate through several levels before finding the app we want to use.

It also made me realize there are two apps that would really raise the PCH players above the rest:

A killer "News" app, configurable to use local newsfeeds. Shown in a window on top of the UI or movie, maybe transparent.

A killer Weather app, configurable to use local weather.
06-15-2011, 10:37 PM
(06-14-2011 09:12 PM)Pain Wrote:  A killer Weather app, configurable to use local weather.

oh, yes... i love this, i just love weather apps Wink
06-16-2011, 07:10 AM
I can't stand that everything is now called an app.

Websites are not apps. Javascript extensions are deffinately not apps. Plugins to homescreens aren't apps as well; they are widgets, or plugins if you whish. Or what about expansions? Add-ons? Add-ins?

Even basic device functionality is now app-er-ized.

For sure everything is not an app, so stop calling everything an app. Tsssk; weather app. News app. Ffs!

2 x NMT PCH C-200
2 x NMT PCH A-110 (80GB internal HDD) with 3 x Samsung Spinpoint HD103UJ 1TB over USB (Sharkoon Quickports DUO & PRO)
[+] 1 user says Thank You to McOrmick for this post
06-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Switch on the machine and be greeted with a nice menu xbmc style (as pointed out be others)
Neat, uncluttered, simple and intuitive.

Music
Movies
TV Shows
Pictures
Apps

Something that can be edited by the user, remove the TV shows if you don't have any. Change the background images (Movies.jpg, Music.jpg???)
Something that my wife and children can drive.
Something that makes people say "I want one of those" when they see it.
06-20-2011, 11:47 PM
(06-17-2011 01:30 AM)BadSeed Wrote:  Switch on the machine and be greeted with a nice menu xbmc style (as pointed out be others)

Music
Movies
TV Shows
Pictures
Apps

Something that can be edited by the user, remove the TV shows if you don't have any. Change the background images (Movies.jpg, Music.jpg???)

This, basically.

When I turn this thing on, I want quick access to Movies, TV Shows and maybe Apps of my choice such as iPlayer / RSS. I want it to ideally look nice and appealing, while also being functional and customisable.

Thats what the PCH is to me Smile
06-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I'd expect to see.

I'd also like an option to disable NMJ however, if you have your own solution.

I don't keep music on mine but I do have a load of music DVDs that I keep separate from my movie database, so I'd either want the option to customise the screen so I could have Movies and also another jukebox that worked just like Movies but actually pointed to music media and was titled differently, or if that gets too complicated I want to be able to switch it off altogether and use my own interface.

It should be intuitive and easy to drive by the wife and kids without recourse to the manual or to the support technician. Or it's achieved nothing in terms of what it's supposed to do which is to make access to our media library simpler.

Thoughts on Syabas support? Share them here
06-22-2011, 12:40 PM
(06-17-2011 01:30 AM)BadSeed Wrote:  Switch on the machine and be greeted with a nice menu xbmc style (as pointed out be others)

Music
Movies
TV Shows
Pictures
Apps

Yes just make/keep it simple, maybe like a browser tree
Pl,ease think about the LCD screen for navigation, a little confusing moving up-down by pressing left-right in one(source) menu and moving up-down by pressing up-down in an other menu.
Is it possible to make start up options, I would like to use my media player a a source of music without a tv. by using LCDukebox or shoutcast.

Media Player: Popcorn Hour C-200, Lite-On iHOS104, WD Scorpio Blue 750GB
06-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Indeed - it would be cool to have the LCD light up and be usable in "Music" mode and off in "Video" mode etc.

Player: A-400 - Pre/Pro: Yamaha CX-A5000 - Display: Sony VPL-HW50ES projector.

Feature request for the A200/C200 passthrough video:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=42667

Vote: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...light=poll
06-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Currently, I don't use the NMJ interface at all, because I can't select which items are visible and which not. Not much fun to browse the video collection, and see a lot of kids movies while trying to select a movie to watch with the wife. Therefore I currently have 2 MovieJukeboxes, and 2 Music Jukeboxes...

What I would like, is an entertainment system usable by my kids, my wife, and myself. That means different menus, depending on the current operator of the device.

For that, I would like:

- when the system is turned on, I would like to be able to select a main menu:
> Kids
> Family (possibly pin protected?)
> Setup (pin protected)

- when the Kids menu is selected, I would like to see a menu containing Video, Music, Photos, etc suitable for the kids. Meaning: Video, Music, Photos I have marked to be viewable by the kids...

- when the Family menu is selected, I would like to see a menu containing Video, Music, Photos, Browse, etc. Maybe including some content for the kids (some animation movies suitable for the kids are also funny for adults!), but mostly excluding the content for the kids.

- when the Setup menu is selected, the usual Setup stuff. But I would love to see a way to setup the start menu:

Maybe by browsing the contents of the database, by category/file type/file system location. From there, I would like to select to which menu a movie, music, photos should be added. Of course, it should be possible to add movies, music, photos to multiple menus!

Then you can make the Movie Wall to only display movies marked with 'Family menu' (if the Family menu is selected).

This way you can have your entire collection of media files included in one database, and still make a selection for the intended audience (kids or family).

If there's no such main menu defined, just skip this screen and go to a menu like this:

> Video
> Music
> Photos
> ...
> Setup

XMBC or Western Digital Live Hub style of displaying are very good examples.
But... configurable is the keyword here...

And: the C200 has an LCD display you could use instead of the TV for simple menus. Please make that usable in any menu system...
(any pointers in how to control the LCD display, for example when viewing an HTML page, or Flash?)
[+] 2 users say Thank You to wim-pch200 for this post
06-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Usually when i turn on my popcorn hour, there are 5 things i either want to do straight away.

These are:
1 - Watch a Movie
2 - View Photos
3 - Listen to Music
4 - Launch App
5 - Settings

We should not be presented with source on startup. Under settings, the source of all media should be defined and not show again unless you want to make a change.
06-27-2011, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 12:06 AM by dehugin.)
Windows 8 is joke. who in there right mind would want a touch screen GUI. ya maybe for your coffee table (i like that idea) but for a computer!!!???!!! seriously. you want to reach over all the time and touch your screen, no thank. it looks like it belongs on a kids laptop, and taking this idea from their failing mobile OS is just stupid. I'm not hating on Microsoft, i love windows 7 (beside all the security crap loaded into it because it will never be secure as say Linux) i just think they are going a very bad direction for a desktop OS. How about being Eyefinity user friendly first, or 3D adaptable because that is becoming quite big in the gaming community. Has anyone seen the prices of touchscreen, or even seen them. you think all the companies are going to drop all the research in new screen tech (3D being the biggest) and some how make our 1000 dollar cellphones 47" for the same price?
Thread Closed