Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Group movies together
06-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Group movies together
If this feature is there then I can't find it.

If it is not then a group feature would be cool.

I have a 3 year old so have 70+ kids movies on my A110 and it can get to be a bit of a pain digging through them all to find something to watch.

Not a problem when I specifically know what I want but sometimes you get that I feel like watching something attitude and scan through until something grabs your eye.

What I would like to be able to do is instead of having all the movies listed individually just have one poster for kids movies which when opened would then list those movies.

Obviously is handy for more than just kids movies
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2011, 09:22 AM
RE: Group movies together
Option 1:

Well you could create a SET for kids movies.

Folder = KIDS MOVIES

then in each NFO for those movies u can allocate them to the set.... In this case they would not come up on the ALL page but would appear if searching for a letter.

I have all disney movies in DISNEY so they come up if i scan through under D, but eg. ALaddin will appear if i just select movies starting with "A"

The best way to do this is to use EMBER media manager coz its a rocket for creating sets like that Smile

Option 2:
Create a completely new jukebox for kids movies.

You ahve your own jukebox then u have a separate one with a different library.xml listing that only scans movies in KIDS MOVIES folder. This means when u boot this jukebox it would only show your 3yo's movies and none of yours.

Personally i like the first option more as its what i do and i feel it works well for me. Apart from that you do have Genres so you can scan through and just browse movies in a certain genre depending upon what you are in the mood for Wink

Good luck.

Ps. im not one of the pros, so maybe there will be better ideas out there but thats all i know of!

-PCH A200 + 2TB WDEARS internal - NTFS
-4GB micro usb - NMT Apps
-Netgear Stora 4TB (2 x 2TB WDEARX)
-Panasonic 42" Plasma
-YAMJ w/ Unique Black Glas.Heart
06-24-2011, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2011 10:05 AM by Larkspeed.)
Thanks for that unfortunately ember media manager is no loger developed and the website is gone so you can't install it but I will see if there is an alternative.

---edit---

ok a found an alrenative version of ember that will actualy install.

But the total noob question now is how do you create a set?
06-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Well i have done as you said in your fist post

used ember set manager to add them to the disney set and it created NFO files for them all including the <set>Disney</set> tag

They still all show up on the main page

And I do have oversight set yo use movie boxsets because stuff like transporter all show up as one until I open at and there are 3 movies.

So there must still be a setting somewhere that I can't find to get this to work
06-24-2011, 11:42 AM
o right ok. sorry i meant to say google "ember media manager revisited"

After importing all movies etc go to.... tools up to and choose SET MANAGER (or press cnt + alt + m)

Before you do this make sure you go into settings and choose modules and make sure YAMJ module is selected so that NFO's and naming conforms to what you need for NMT (not XMBC)

, Do a trial by makeing a set and choosing a movie to go into it then seeing if the NFO looks correct Smile

-PCH A200 + 2TB WDEARS internal - NTFS
-4GB micro usb - NMT Apps
-Netgear Stora 4TB (2 x 2TB WDEARX)
-Panasonic 42" Plasma
-YAMJ w/ Unique Black Glas.Heart
06-24-2011, 01:39 PM
well i checked that setting and then rescanned all the media and the nfo files definataly got changed.

Then did a media scan in oversight telling it to rescan all media and all those movies are still being displayed on the main page.
08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
(06-24-2011 09:22 AM)Gangel Wrote:  Well you could create a SET for kids movies.

Folder = KIDS MOVIES

then in each NFO for those movies u can allocate them to the set.... In this case they would not come up on the ALL page but would appear if searching for a letter.

I have all disney movies in DISNEY so they come up if i scan through under D, but eg. ALaddin will appear if i just select movies starting with "A"

The best way to do this is to use EMBER media manager coz its a rocket for creating sets like that Smile

Sounds great but I can't get sets working this way and was hoping you might point out where I'm going wrong...

Trying this on a small scale, I put the following movies in a "Monsters vs Aliens" folder:
Monsters vs Aliens [2009] [1080p] [AC3].mkv
Monsters vs Aliens [2009] [1080p] [AC3].nfo
Monsters vs Aliens - Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space [2009].avi
Monsters vs Aliens - Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space [2009].nfo

The nfo files both include the following (the main movie includes #1, the mutant pumpkins includes #2):
<sets>
<set order="1">Monsters vs Aliens</set>
</sets>

But I still get them both appearing on the ALL default Oversight view.

Any help is appreciated.

On a related note, it does pick up my Ice Age trilogy as being a boxset, but despite the movie boxset sort order being by_first it is showing the Ice Age 2 poster as the boxset view... weird... I found another thread regarding customising the boxset image, so I'll follow that... just a little more maintenance.
01-13-2012, 12:25 AM
I have same problem, created <sets><set order="1">xxx</set></sets> inside each NFO (LOTR trilogy) and still the first movie appears on its own, while second two are grouped into boxset. Any help would be much appreciated

@Herbus

can you please point me to that another thread which discuss grouping movies into boxets
01-20-2012, 11:16 AM
(01-13-2012 12:25 AM)Tr|X Wrote:  I have same problem, created <sets><set order="1">xxx</set></sets> inside each NFO (LOTR trilogy) and still the first movie appears on its own, while second two are grouped into boxset. Any help would be much appreciated

@Herbus

can you please point me to that another thread which discuss grouping movies into boxets

I have exactly the same issue with Lotr.
Any help would be appreciated Smile
01-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I have tried at least 10 different naming schemes, different nfo prefixes, etc .. at the end I have mistakenly deleted whole trilogy as I've pressed delete instead of remove-from-list after so many tries confused

Check the thread bellow this one and you'll see
01-22-2012, 11:03 AM
I wonder if there are people who have the three Lotr movies grouped all together inside one box.
If so, how are they named? Is there a .nfo file....etc.
01-22-2012, 12:26 PM
read here; http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=58448

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Oversight and two-disc movies morfanaion 1 524 11-18-2013 08:55 PM
Last Post: morfanaion
  3D Movies tbsat 3 822 11-12-2012 07:46 PM
Last Post: Sproglet
  Blue Ray movies don't display thumbnail raraz 8 1,406 11-06-2012 06:18 PM
Last Post: raraz
  3D Movies (Oversight/Slick) tbsat 1 1,065 08-12-2012 08:23 AM
Last Post: jonny555
  Configure oversight for movies on NAS? reno55 5 1,519 06-12-2012 06:52 AM
Last Post: vledderos
  [Feature] Documentaries Group & Placeholder for missing cover Micki 3 1,270 06-04-2012 12:04 PM
Last Post: Micki
  Oversight with Pr0n movies aangeboden 0 901 02-12-2012 07:46 AM
Last Post: aangeboden
  Asian movies with Oversight aangeboden 0 812 02-04-2012 10:20 AM
Last Post: aangeboden
  nfo file naming for multipart movies xua 9 2,519 01-04-2011 03:43 PM
Last Post: lordy
  best way to find missing movies or episodes pathfinder 3 1,927 11-09-2010 09:54 PM
Last Post: pathfinder