Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Bug] No audio issues in various usenet downloads
10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
RE: No audio issues in various usenet downloads
Just a bump to raise another hand on this issue.
Hope we'll see it fixed soon. It's a bit anoing to have to manually remux the audio....
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2011, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2011 04:01 AM by scrutinity.)
(09-30-2011 04:47 AM)halfelite Wrote:  All dev on pch models has slowed down while new products are being worked on hopefully they can get around to fixing this issue for you all.

Well i guess that just adds one more good reason to buy a new model when they're out, it would still be nice to have this issue addressed, using my ps3 and tversity with no transcoding as my main player now, funny how i thought back in the day my popcorn was so much better then the ps3 in the playback department and now it cant even play a simple .avi tv show Huh

(09-30-2011 12:41 AM)tangx Wrote:  
(09-29-2011 04:45 AM)scrutinity Wrote:  I don't know if its against the rules or just un polite to say it, but i just will, all fall releases of LOL group do not work in my A110, i was starting to get worried my popcorn was running old an it was a hardware problem, my sisters $79 WDTV live can run the files!!, i know this model has been out for a few years and asking for an update or some kind of patch might be to much to ask, but recoding is not a long term solution, if there is no fix for this problem then our players will be rendered useless if these groups start using different encoding methods, regardless if they're encoded properly or not.

yep i posted about this on the front page when it first started showing up and now that this group is releasing like half the stuff out there now it's making my a-100 completely and totally useless.

We need more vocal ppl about it so that it gets fixed. Or at least a reply from the mods. This has been a page 1 issue for months now.

ALso it's against the rules to talk about scene groups by name which is why no one flat out said it. But im glad you did.

Well it was an honest mistake, how are we suppose to narrow down the problem of a specific scene group if we cant mention them?, besides LOL is pretty much taken control over tv show releases like apple and google have taken over the world, is there any way we can get some love from the mods & devsWink, i would rather a flat out answer like> we are not going to fix this for the time being or it will be resolved in the upcoming month, i have enough speculation in my life with apple and the iphone 5, to now be following up with a fix for my A110.
10-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Course this assumes you have the file locally on your PC - takes a bit longer if the file is on the Tank already (via Torrentwatch) and you have to drag it down, convert it then push it back up Sad The relevant libraries compiles, and script to do this action locally on the tank would be neat (and probably still quicker than upping and downing the file, even with the weak CPU), assuming we're never gonna get a firmware update to address this, and LOL aren't going anywhere.
10-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I can't believe that after 3 months this still hasn't been answered properly by the devs.
(09-30-2011 04:47 AM)halfelite Wrote:  All dev on pch models has slowed down while new products are being worked on hopefully they can get around to fixing this issue for you all.
Are there only a small number of people? Can they not spare at least 1 person to work on this?
I am sure there are other reported bugs too, that need to be worked on, has development 'slowed down' on those too?
Don't get me wrong halfelite, I am not bashing you, I am just venting my frustration at this issue.
10-06-2011, 09:56 PM
same here, tried it all, but to no avail on my A110.
I remember when these things needed to be purchased through China directly (as it was probably an early series, it had naturally also its built-in manufacturing defect, i had to return it and get it fixed,....happy days)
Ultimately, it is up to Popcorn to know what they want: make us buy new products (not sure I would choose theirs again seeing how they treat early adopters and current low level of support) or get us to continue trusting their products by finally providing us with some update?
At least give us 50% on those new products you prioritize over your early customers!! ,-)Big Grin
10-08-2011, 06:42 AM
When is this issue going to be fixed?? Do we need to raise a case with them or something??? getting very annoying to the point of buying a different NMT and staying well clear of popcorn hour
10-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't think this issue will ever be fixed, since it's not really a bug.
I think that supporting non standard audio bitrates, or missing sync frames were never on the product features by design. That and the upcoming new products will make this issue dead by forgotness.

I have only hope that what was causing this could stop happening (not likely) and I won't have a brick on my living room.

Anyways... If all is wrong and I do get a brick, I most definitly won't buy a new Popcorn one.
The price don't justify a Time to live for about 2 years.
10-08-2011, 12:34 PM
(10-08-2011 12:18 PM)kappy Wrote:  I don't think this issue will ever be fixed, since it's not really a bug.
I think that supporting non standard audio bitrates, or missing sync frames were never on the product features by design. That and the upcoming new products will make this issue dead by forgotness.
It must be a bug in the A100/A110 firmware as the audio works perfectly fine on the A200 series.

(10-08-2011 12:18 PM)kappy Wrote:  The price don't justify a Time to live for about 2 years.
They are still fixing other bugs, so why not this one?
10-08-2011, 01:53 PM
(10-08-2011 12:34 PM)WizardFusion Wrote:  It must be a bug in the A100/A110 firmware as the audio works perfectly fine on the A200 series.

Hope you're right... But it could also be a limitation of the sigma 8635 used on the A100 series.

The point is... An almost 3 months old issue and not even a word if this is going to be fixed or not
10-08-2011, 01:59 PM
This sort of response (or lack of) from the the people at PCH is indicative of the type negative posts that seem to proliferate on the PCH Facebook page. Take a look sometime, it's a mess.
10-08-2011, 05:10 PM
(10-08-2011 01:59 PM)chrismgan Wrote:  This sort of response (or lack of) from the the people at PCH is indicative of the type negative posts that seem to proliferate on the PCH Facebook page. Take a look sometime, it's a mess.
Facebook is the spawn of evil and I refuse to use it. Big Grin
10-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Facebook is the spawn of evil and I refuse to use it. Big Grin
[/quote]
Evil or not, Facebook reaches quite a large audience. For PCH to be having so many negatives on the site, I would think this would have an impact.
10-09-2011, 10:42 PM
C'mon guys! Fix it!
I love my A110 PCH!
10-10-2011, 03:35 AM
New products have always come first new products = new money for a company to stay in business. I know everyone complains this bug is 3 months old, But the A100 is 4 years old, how many other companies do you know that would rush out a fix for a 4 year old product the answer is pretty much 0, It took awhile for dev resources to fix the header compression fix but they did get around to it. You just have to be patient.

And its not like you can really blame pch for not playing a non standard file, True the 200 series can play it but you never know if that was just by accident or something the new chipset can deal with.
10-10-2011, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2011 05:57 AM by chrismgan.)
Well, I bought my A-110 in Nov of 08. Thats 3 years old and there are plenty of consumer electronics companies still doing s good job of supporting 3 year old products. So I'll have to politely disagree with halfelife on his comment above. IMOSmile Also although the product was born 4 years ago- the real question is when did they stop selling all instances (refurbs included) of it? When you look at the development lifeline of a product, you have to look both at the start cycle and the end of cycle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Bug] updated: A-110 playback issues with moved/copied files thematicmi 2 2,107 12-31-2012 06:57 PM
Last Post: Aviador2000
  [Bug] .sub & .idx playback issues A110 dotslasher 7 3,015 08-04-2012 11:02 PM
Last Post: VideoRipper
  [Bug] MIME-type "audio/x-flac" not listed via DLNA Becks21 2 3,098 06-02-2012 05:54 PM
Last Post: csell
  [Bug] A110 HDMI Audio not working OlivierS74 6 4,804 01-30-2012 04:56 AM
Last Post: GonzaloLI
  [Bug] A110 Network card issues (failing?) dotslasher 3 2,125 01-15-2012 11:55 AM
Last Post: Bazrah
  [Bug] No audio out landski 0 1,098 12-31-2011 09:31 PM
Last Post: landski
  Audio delay adjustment Esc 6 5,345 12-30-2011 01:14 PM
Last Post: chris57
  [Bug] After many good playbacks, SMB playback of 720p MKV lags or freezes, weird UI issues dwf 1 1,917 11-07-2011 06:56 PM
Last Post: urby79
Exclamation [Bug] Analog audio : no more center channel in stereo downmix RNO 1 1,827 10-06-2011 09:33 AM
Last Post: RNO
  [Bug] A110 - AUDIO ERROR MKV ? fimo 0 1,705 08-09-2011 12:52 PM
Last Post: fimo