Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Bug] No audio issues in various usenet downloads
12-07-2011, 11:16 AM
RE: No audio issues in various usenet downloads
Thanks for letting us know. Will check it out
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2011, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't get to exited, it's been like this for the past months, some lol releases work properly for a while and then further releases are garbage again, at least for the popcorn i have, it's a very hit and miss situation, I know it's already been established that it's not the players fault but the file itself that hasn't been encoded properly, but what gets me mad it's that other players play these "bad files", heck even other popcorn themselves on newer players can play them, so there must be something that can be done on the players end, and none of the devs or admins can be bothered to tell us, guys move on we are not fixing this, or explain something, I just bought a Wdtv live streaming media player and it plays everything, all for 79$ I suggest u all do the same and get done with this annoying problem, it's a shame I really liked my popcorn and the way Sybas would get involved to help but nowadays......
12-07-2011, 03:31 PM
It's a "damn-if-you-do-damn-if-you-dont" kind of situation.

If Syabas makes a press release stating that firmware development has ceased for the 100 series it will cause lots of feedback. If they don't (which is the case now), it's all hunky dory.

Personally, I can read between the lines... once the product gets 1 firmware a year, it's time to look for a replacement IF what a media player does is something you do find enjoyable and worth the coin to plunk in one every odd year.

The reason the WDTV is $79 is because it has reaped from the pioneering efforts of Syabas as the A-100 was the real pioneer media player and paved the way for mass production.

Syabas can't compete in that space we know that so reading between the lines, if your budget doesn't allow for a current PCH product, then it's time to move on to something that will.

A200 connected to 32" Samsung UA32C5000
C200 connected to Denon 1610 AVR and 42" LG 42LH50YR
Encore ENHGS-500 5 port Gigabit switch.
12-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Preach it Dave, I like your perspective on thingsBig Grin
12-07-2011, 07:46 PM
So to summarize:

1. This is a defect
2. Syabas has no intentions of fixing it
3. Remux the files or go buy something else

Those are the facts as I see them. While everyone's definition of "bug" might differ slightly, if these files play anywhere than there is theoretically a "bug" somewhere along the chain. Could it be in the chipset? Possibly. Could it be fixed in a firmware? Possibly. The bottom line is that the company isn't going to fix it so you have to live with the problem or go buy something else.

It's a shame that Syabas hasn't bothered to at least respond to this thread as they have effectively alienated customers (myself included) that might have purchased their products in the future.

If this were a matter of features, then most of you nay-sayers would have every right to protest our pleas for a fix. However, this is meat-and-potatoes type stuff. We're talking about the ability to play an avi file with MP3 audio here. Sure they aren't properly muxed, but how many such things do you think the A-100/110 already compensates for? I'd be willing to bet more than a few since that's pretty much the name of the game in the media player world.

I'm totally willing to accept that this product is no longer supported, but extremely disappointed Syabas hasn't admitted it (regardless of the backlash it might cause -- look closely, it's already here)
12-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Just wanted to report (not sure if it has been reported elsewhere) that instead of AVIDemux'ing the problem files, you can also just convert them to matroska with mkvmerge... Worked for me anyways.
12-18-2011, 12:04 PM
(12-18-2011 11:34 AM)cosmos Wrote:  Just wanted to report (not sure if it has been reported elsewhere) that instead of AVIDemux'ing the problem files, you can also just convert them to matroska with mkvmerge... Worked for me anyways.

I find that whenever I use mkvmerge I get choppy motion in the resulting files. The original avi's always seem to have much smoother playback so I tend to just use avidemux to fix the indexing rather tahn convert to mkv containers using mkvmerge.

Perhaps I am using the wrong settings for mkvmerge. I always just use the default settings.
12-19-2011, 02:13 PM
(12-07-2011 07:46 PM)GregRozon Wrote:  So to summarize:

1. This is a defect
2. Syabas has no intentions of fixing it
3. Remux the files or go buy something else

Those are the facts as I see them. While everyone's definition of "bug" might differ slightly, if these files play anywhere than there is theoretically a "bug" somewhere along the chain. Could it be in the chipset? Possibly. Could it be fixed in a firmware? Possibly. The bottom line is that the company isn't going to fix it so you have to live with the problem or go buy something else.

It's a shame that Syabas hasn't bothered to at least respond to this thread as they have effectively alienated customers (myself included) that might have purchased their products in the future.

If this were a matter of features, then most of you nay-sayers would have every right to protest our pleas for a fix. However, this is meat-and-potatoes type stuff. We're talking about the ability to play an avi file with MP3 audio here. Sure they aren't properly muxed, but how many such things do you think the A-100/110 already compensates for? I'd be willing to bet more than a few since that's pretty much the name of the game in the media player world.

I'm totally willing to accept that this product is no longer supported, but extremely disappointed Syabas hasn't admitted it (regardless of the backlash it might cause -- look closely, it's already here)

them having removed the link to the A-110 firmware thread from the header of the forums as of yesterday, is pretty much all the confirmation we needed.

some official feedback would have still been nice, though. Sad
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Fliesen for this post
02-18-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm having the same problems as everyone else with files muxed with (media info lingo) Writing application : Lavf53.2.0

The files I'm having problems with are:
Family.Guy.S10E10.HDTV.XviD-***.avi
Family.Guy.S10E11.The.Blind.Side.HDTV.XviD-***.avi

The thing is that up until
Family.Guy.S10E09.HDTV-XviD.***.avi
the files played just fine. But up until them the writing application is:
Writing application : transcode-1.0.6

Seems it's time to look for a new media player... Dodgy

If god wanted eight regions, he would have made 8 planets.
02-18-2012, 04:51 AM
just download the mkv version of the same episode...thats what i do.
02-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Say goodbye to all these problems and say hello to new problems Smile

http://pastebin.com/vXKWaw8L
02-23-2012, 11:23 PM
There won't be as many problems if LOL keeps to the new format HDTV x264's and other groups keep encoding HDTV xvid's.

does the 100 series play aac .mp4?

(02-23-2012 11:37 AM)lala Wrote:  Say goodbye to all these problems and say hello to new problems Smile

[+] 1 user says Thank You to iuffra for this post
02-24-2012, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2012 06:03 AM by tangx.)
(02-23-2012 11:23 PM)iuffra Wrote:  There won't be as many problems if LOL keeps to the new format HDTV x264's and other groups keep encoding HDTV xvid's.

does the 100 series play aac .mp4?

(02-23-2012 11:37 AM)lala Wrote:  Say goodbye to all these problems and say hello to new problems Smile

yeah it plays aac mp4. Just gotta change the setup from raw digital to analog for AAC.
02-24-2012, 09:18 PM
This scene switch to x264 aac is actually good news for all of us.

It completely alleviates the no sound issue from LoL releases. You can prob close this thread now as there shouldnt be any more releases at all with no sound.

The a100 series now works flawlessly again.
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
(02-24-2012 09:18 PM)tangx Wrote:  This scene switch to x264 aac is actually good news for all of us.

It completely alleviates the no sound issue from LoL releases. You can prob close this thread now as there shouldnt be any more releases at all with no sound.

The a100 series now works flawlessly again.

(02-18-2012 12:12 AM)jjabba Wrote:  Seems it's time to look for a new media player... Dodgy

Seems it's not yet time to look for a new media player... Big Grin

If god wanted eight regions, he would have made 8 planets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Bug] updated: A-110 playback issues with moved/copied files thematicmi 2 2,106 12-31-2012 06:57 PM
Last Post: Aviador2000
  [Bug] .sub & .idx playback issues A110 dotslasher 7 3,013 08-04-2012 11:02 PM
Last Post: VideoRipper
  [Bug] MIME-type "audio/x-flac" not listed via DLNA Becks21 2 3,094 06-02-2012 05:54 PM
Last Post: csell
  [Bug] A110 HDMI Audio not working OlivierS74 6 4,802 01-30-2012 04:56 AM
Last Post: GonzaloLI
  [Bug] A110 Network card issues (failing?) dotslasher 3 2,125 01-15-2012 11:55 AM
Last Post: Bazrah
  [Bug] No audio out landski 0 1,098 12-31-2011 09:31 PM
Last Post: landski
  Audio delay adjustment Esc 6 5,345 12-30-2011 01:14 PM
Last Post: chris57
  [Bug] After many good playbacks, SMB playback of 720p MKV lags or freezes, weird UI issues dwf 1 1,915 11-07-2011 06:56 PM
Last Post: urby79
Exclamation [Bug] Analog audio : no more center channel in stereo downmix RNO 1 1,827 10-06-2011 09:33 AM
Last Post: RNO
  [Bug] A110 - AUDIO ERROR MKV ? fimo 0 1,704 08-09-2011 12:52 PM
Last Post: fimo