Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DTS-HD MA over NAS
07-27-2011, 10:36 PM
DTS-HD MA over NAS
Hi all,

I have the A-210. I have a Synology NAS and if I put a BR movie and play the M2t file with DTS-HD MA on it the movie plays fine and I get some hiccups. It will stutter for a second or two and then play fine for awhile than repeats.

I watch my receiver when this happens. When the movie is playing fine it says DTS-HD MA and when it starts to stutter for a second it changes to Stereo.

Little bit about my setup.

I have a WND3700 router
1st. Ethernet connected to my Synology NAS
2nd. 100 feet Ethernet to a GB switch and from there goes to the Popcorn hour. The popcorn hour goes to my Pioneer Elite SC-37 through HDMI.
3rd Goes to my computer
4th goes to another switch that goes to other devices
also have a bunch of wireless stuff.

MKV's work fine. It is only when playing DTS HD MA files. Could this problem be from the 100 foot? could it be from the Popcorn hour to my Pioneer? Maybe try a different HDMI port.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2011, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2011 10:39 PM by halfelite.)
RE: DTS-HD MA over NAS
Im not sure I understand the problem. When you get a stutter it breaks the connection for the audio with your receiver so it thinks its no longer getting dts-hd. once the stutters stop does it return to dts-hd or stay showing stereo?
07-27-2011, 10:46 PM
(07-27-2011 10:36 PM)nydennis Wrote:  Hi all,

I have the A-210. I have a Synology NAS and if I put a BR movie and play the M2t file with DTS-HD MA on it the movie plays fine and I get some hiccups. It will stutter for a second or two and then play fine for awhile than repeats.

I watch my receiver when this happens. When the movie is playing fine it says DTS-HD MA and when it starts to stutter for a second it changes to Stereo.

Little bit about my setup.

I have a WND3700 router
1st. Ethernet connected to my Synology NAS
2nd. 100 feet Ethernet to a GB switch and from there goes to the Popcorn hour. The popcorn hour goes to my Pioneer Elite SC-37 through HDMI.
3rd Goes to my computer
4th goes to another switch that goes to other devices
also have a bunch of wireless stuff.

MKV's work fine. It is only when playing DTS HD MA files. Could this problem be from the 100 foot? could it be from the Popcorn hour to my Pioneer? Maybe try a different HDMI port.

Any ideas?

Do you only get the stutter on the audio ?
Does the video stutter or pause also ?
Do you know what happens with Dolby True HD ?
07-28-2011, 01:19 AM
(07-27-2011 10:38 PM)halfelite Wrote:  Im not sure I understand the problem. When you get a stutter it breaks the connection for the audio with your receiver so it thinks its no longer getting dts-hd. once the stutters stop does it return to dts-hd or stay showing stereo?

When it stops it goes back to normal with the correct audio.

Hope I am explaining it correct. The video will do a real quick freeze for a second or two (This is when the receiver goes to stereo.) It will do this for a quick frame or two. Yesterday on a movie it actually jumped back several frames.
07-28-2011, 01:21 AM
so is the question why do you get stutter or is it normal for your avr to show stereo while its stuttering?
07-28-2011, 01:23 AM
BTW I have the following Applications setup. FTP Server, NFS server

Network Wired Auto IP I have it set to 10/100

1080/24
Framerate Sync Off
Video Zoom Fit to screen
TV 16:9
Colorspace 16-235

PCM, AAC, WMA Pro, DTS, Dolby Digital all set to pass through

Also one last thing. From my receiver I have a 50ft HDMI cable that goes to my projector, but never had a problem with it on BR but wanted to explain everything.
07-30-2011, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2011 01:19 PM by Pain.)
Try a different HDMI cable on the connection PCH-> AVR.
07-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah think I will try that. Will let you know. I will also take a video of it next time it happens just so I can show you instead of trying to explain it. I feel like I am explaining it like people do when they bring a car in for service and make the sounds to the mechanic. :-)
08-01-2011, 03:48 AM
I tried changing the cable and even the HDMI port on the AV receiver. Still have the problem.

Exactly what happens is the movie /sound will freeze up for a split second or two. Than it plays again.

Any other ideas? This only happens when playing BR images and not with MKV.