Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Questions about playlists made with File Mode, with NMJ and on my PC
08-14-2011, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2011 12:47 PM by Repelstale.)
Questions about playlists made with File Mode, with NMJ and on my PC
L.S.,

I have some nagging questions with playlists, hope you can help me out. Some of these questions I have already asked in a reply to a rather old thread. Since I didn't get any replies there, I'd like to ask them again, here.

A. Playlists made with NMJ
NMJ has a very nice interface to add files to playlists or queues. But where are the playlists stored that are made with NMJ? I can't find them in any folder.

B. Playlists made with File Mode
Sometimes I just want to play some music without having to turn the TV on to open NMJ. I want to be able to open that playlist while browsing, using the little C-200 screen.

I figured out how to make a playlist in normal mode: just select a file, click on File Mode, then "Add to list". You can use this list to move or copy the selected files to a desired spot, and to make a playlist. Just click on File Mode again in the place where you want to make this playlist and choose "make playlist here". Just a few questions left:
-How can I delete a playlist (or, for that matter, a file)
-How can I add an entire album to a playlist?
-How can I add files to the playlist once it is finished?
-How can I see the content of a playlist? Now I just see the name of the m3u-file you've made.
-Can I also make a queue in this mode?

So, basically, how can I get all the options from NMJ into this "normal browsing" mode?

Once more, if there is a tutorial about this, I'd be more than glad to hear it. One of the reasons that I prefer normal browsing mode is that NMJ doesn't give me the option to search by folder. Plus it is quicker, with the whole nasty "checking database"-thing that NMJ goes through every damn time you put something new on there.

I read in another thread that browseable playlist would be a useful feature. Please make it so.

C. Playlists made on my PC
I've tried to make m3u playlists with VLC-player and Windows Media Player, and of course some downloaded albums already contain a m3u file. These play fine with mediaplayers on my PC. However, my PCH C-200 seems unable to play the playlists I've made. These are playlists generated from multiple albums. For example I want to make a m3u playlist containing all the songs from the various albums by Foo Fighters. I've got a folder Foo Fighters, and sub-folders for every album. Does the playlist have to be stored in a specific location or something? I tried storing it in the Foo Fighter folder, and in an album folder (since I read somewhere that it has to be stored at a "lower level"), but this doesn't seem to work. Or does it have to do with something else? I would appreciate your help here.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2011, 03:40 PM
RE: Questions about playlists made with File Mode, with NMJ and on my PC
I'll have to do some refreshing of my knowledge as its ages since I bothered with playlists.

In Filemode there is an option for Playlist as the bottom of the list of options. It's different from the Add file I think. Unless youy add them and then create the playlist with the filemode Playlist option.

In NMJ the playlists are stored in the nmj folder I would expect. You would need to be within NMJ for the playlist to be accessed.

If you like the normal UI then try the user created playlist tools. Musicjukebox8 has a great playlist generator and there are other apps that also do likewise.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
08-17-2011, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2011 08:36 AM by Repelstale.)
(08-16-2011 03:40 PM)chris57 Wrote:  If you like the normal UI then try the user created playlist tools. Musicjukebox8 has a great playlist generator and there are other apps that also do likewise.

I would assume that m3u-playlists generated with VLC or WMP would be adequate. Can you tell me something about where these m3u's would have to be stored when they involve musicfiles from more than one folder, in order to be played, Chris?

And I wonder if you can help me out with my questions about the "File Mode-generated" playslists, as I mentioned above. Creating the playlist is not the problem, as I stated. It's the other things I mentioned above.
08-18-2011, 12:42 AM
I have some test files with a m3u file that plays fine on my setup. Download, unzip, and ploace on a USB stiick or on the HDD. Then press enter on the m3u file for all 4 files to play one after the other. It will show you how simple the m3u can be:-
http://www.multiupload.com/K25IPNK2LA
The m3u file must be in same location as the files.

I think a lot of what you ask about playlist FILEMODE is not possible. That's why the NMJ playlist function was welcomed for things like the ability to add folders.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
12-29-2011, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2011 01:28 PM by Repelstale.)
I wonder if there has been any progress in the playlist generating functionalities of the PCH-200.

I was sorry to hear that a lot of options were probably impossible in FileMode. It's just so much quicker than NMJ.

Would it be possible for the NMJ-generated playlists to be accessible through filemode? I have to admit, NMJ is pretty good for generating playlists, but I just don't want to have to turn my TV on every time I wanna play music from a playlist. (That's what I liked about the PCH C-200 in the first place: that it has a decent little screen. The PCH C-300 even improved on that.) It's a shame that you'd have to be within NMJ to access those playlists.

I gave Music Jukebox 8 a look. It's nice to see it has a PC part so it's easy to make playlists that are a little more complex, but I wonder if the playlists generated with that can be accessed through Filemode, that is, on the little PCH screen without having to turn the TV on. Can you give me some info on that?

If not, I still wonder about a decent playlist generator for my PC that I can use to make playlists accessible through filemode, since playlists generated with e.g. VLC-player are not recognised because of the path-problems. I hear MediaMonkey is good, but I don't want the whole package (there are only so many "only music library program you'll ever need"-thingies that a guy can handle Wink)NMT remote control by Theodore Emmanuel has a pretty fine playlist-option, but it's not very flexible (yet).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  c-200 and audio questions vadergr 5 1,809 12-13-2013 10:56 AM
Last Post: esdxx
  Video-file in the middle of some photo-files: trouble with recognition Repelstale 2 1,701 11-26-2012 09:47 PM
Last Post: Repelstale
  Party mode... Nexer 3 947 07-16-2012 09:36 AM
Last Post: Martien
Question How to play a video file with Dolby TrueHD? Firebird! 6 3,628 01-02-2012 02:34 PM
Last Post: Firebird!
  Korean support (subs/file name) ? Keedam 6 1,900 12-15-2011 06:47 AM
Last Post: dc11ab
  [C-200] Help, I can't hear an .avi file. kikiriki888 2 1,754 11-25-2011 12:38 AM
Last Post: kikiriki888
  Which BD file type show subs? shamoo 2 1,283 11-24-2011 09:50 PM
Last Post: Dave_D
  A210 suddenly reset when you PLAY a DLNA file list tarcisio 0 853 11-20-2011 10:47 PM
Last Post: tarcisio
  A-210 Flac id info and subtitle questions Tsunamijhoe 9 3,515 11-04-2011 11:27 PM
Last Post: cmazz
  Audio file type/resolution jaakennuste 0 766 10-11-2011 02:34 PM
Last Post: jaakennuste