Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
myihome is not working in OSX Lion
08-14-2011, 04:42 PM
myihome is not working in OSX Lion
Hi,

I just upgrade my mac OS to OSX Lion and myihome disappear from my PCH A-210. Searching this forum and find some explanation that SMB sharing is not working very well with Lion so I tried to share file through NFS based app and it works. However, NFS file share like llink doesn't support iTune playlist which is a must for me.

Does anyone has a better solution? Either a workaround fix that let myihome working again, new coming version of myihome, or any other way that use iTune playlist once again is more than welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2011, 06:16 PM
RE: myihome is not working in OSX Lion
Same for meSad Need a new version of myIhome compatible for LionSad
08-18-2011, 02:26 PM
same here. Does anyone know how else I can configure Myihome?
I don't have a Windows PC and I tried to install Myihome via Crossover and Wine, but buth didn't work...
08-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Sad RE: myihome is not working in OSX Lion
I have just set up my A-210, updated firmware to latest release (411-000) and downloaded and installed myihome version 5.20 Cannot open the software on MacBook Pro OSX Ver 10.7.1 (Lion). Is this just that myihome is not compatible with the new Mac operating software. I have all my music on ITunes so a real problem as I have no access to it. How do we get this fixed?
08-22-2011, 09:35 AM
I can not help with myihome sorry, most likely a java library issue. If you are hard up for a way to share, llink should run fine on Lion, but I don't know how it interfaces with itunes music library, if at all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Are you guys going to make a new version of myihome for OS X Lion? Thanks.
If not we can throw our Popcorn Hour hardware to the trash :-(
09-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I purposely haven't upgraded to Lion because I though this might happen. Exact same thing happened with Leopard > Snow Leopard.

I'll add my name to the people requesting a new Lion compatible version.
09-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Another one frustrated with incompatibility issue with myihome for Lion...
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
one strange thing about MAC users they never blame apple for breaking it and instead threaten to throw away there pch. As for a new version of myihome i would not hold your breath for it, its more a legacy software now.
10-04-2011, 02:30 AM
(09-26-2011 08:58 PM)halfelite Wrote:  one strange thing about MAC users they never blame apple for breaking it and instead threaten to throw away there pch. As for a new version of myihome i would not hold your breath for it, its more a legacy software now.

eh, i don't know about that, apple really hasn't made many useful upgrades to OSX since 10.5- I love my mac but you won't hear me being a cheerleader for Lion-

that being said- the fact that myihome can't play back an itunes playlist in the correct order is absolutely mind blowing- that is something that MUST be fixed, having to listen to music in alphabetical order and not playlist order is the most annoying thing ever.

Media: PopcornHour C-200, hdd 2Tb, hdmi
TV: Pioneer Kuro 5020
Sound: Pioneer 919AH
Network: Netgear, Cat 6, WN
Storage: Various capacity 3.5 HDs, organized w/ DiscCatalogMaker
01-20-2012, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 05:31 PM by Dewdman42.)
me too, need working myihome for Lion sheesh, I went to Lion in order to use iCloud, but what a mistake that was.
I notice the myIhome that i download has some kind of error in the download, it downloads, but when I try to mount the DMG it complains that the DMG is damaged. I tried several times to re download it, same problem. so I can't really find out if 5.2 works with Lion actually
I notice the myIhome that i download has some kind of error in the download, it downloads, but when I try to mount the DMG it complains that the DMG is damaged. I tried several times to re download it, same problem. so I can't really find out if 5.2 works with Lion actually
01-20-2012, 06:32 PM
(09-26-2011 08:58 PM)halfelite Wrote:  one strange thing about MAC users they never blame apple for breaking it and instead threaten to throw away there pch. As for a new version of myihome i would not hold your breath for it, its more a legacy software now.

I for one don't go about blaming other's when a company is squarely at fault; in this case, Apple clearly broke compatibility with a lot of things in their release of Lion (of which I'm definitely not a fan of).

However, given that a computer is much more expensive and has more "usefulness" across a wide range of applications, over a Media Player such as a PCH or niche applications written for it, you can't blame said computer owners of wanting updates from those entities to work with their "new" systems. It may be cheaper and easier to switch to a new Media Player/method than changing to an entirely different computer and OS (and all the new software that must be purchased).

And the same can be said with any recent new versions of Windows (Vista, 7) and even Linux; people will ply vendors to get updates released to work with "broken" functionality due to major OS releases, so it's not just a "strange thing about MAC users..."

TOMY: The Only Mac YAMJ GUI, now for Windows too! Both available here.
01-20-2012, 06:34 PM
it doesn't matter who's fault it is to me. We are just users trying to solve the problem. I will complain to apple and complain to the other side and hope they figure it out.
01-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Something in java broke again. when snow first came out it broke myihome and i was able to find a work around be using old java files from leopard. No idea if this would work for the lion issue or not. You could always run llink in its palce or switch to nfs.

I just dont see a myihome update coming out. None of the new flash based players use it and and if the 200 series goes all flash even more so it wont be coming.
01-21-2012, 03:31 AM
I have been trying to make NFS work, and so far, no luck. I can get the NMT to mount and browse through an OSX NFS share, but try to open any avi file and after spinning the cursor for about a minute it says it can't open it. Maybe there is something special I need to do with the NFS on osx side I don't know, but it doesn't work. I saw lots of people on the net complaining about NFS breaking from Snow leopard on, I don't know though, the info on the net is not always reliable.

I don't know what llink is, I will look into it.

I was under the impression that myihome also did "streaming" sort of like DLNA or something, which would theoretically be more efficient on the net theoretically. If not, what does it do exactly?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A300 myihome point zero 3 198 04-07-2014 09:04 PM
Last Post: chris57
  MYIHOME JAVA NETWORK Drugsprofessor 8 1,114 01-16-2014 11:53 AM
Last Post: Drugsprofessor
Bell myihome ---> windows7 x64 issue (quick fix) Costas 6 5,887 11-04-2013 10:57 AM
Last Post: shohokus
  Myihome on a A-400 Paheve 3 2,684 08-09-2013 12:32 AM
  When loading myIhome the UI get Stuck (win 7 32 bit) tomcat383 10 5,936 06-01-2013 09:36 AM
Last Post: ofersin
  Myihome phboersm 0 2,374 02-08-2013 11:33 AM
Last Post: phboersm
  can not download myihome Ken74 5 2,281 12-07-2012 02:39 AM
Last Post: dev
  myiHome start/stop script krasny13 3 3,599 10-31-2012 10:05 PM
Last Post: Gwindor
  myiHome is not working Mountain Lion NilsBasel 6 2,701 10-18-2012 07:59 PM
Last Post: NilsBasel
  myIhome and C-300 bobytt 1 1,753 10-08-2012 03:15 PM