Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unrar unpack unzip torrents
09-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Unrar unpack unzip torrents
I have been looking for a couple days now, and can not find anything solid on this subject. After I download a torrent. It may be broken up into 20 different .rar files. I have to use my laptop to access the nmt and unrar it over the network. Talk about a pain. I don't care if it takes all day to do it, due to the speed of the nmt. Is there no app for the nmt can do this unrar, or unzip, or unpack, or what-ever-you-want to call it????
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2011, 06:17 PM
RE: Unrar unpack unzip torrents
I'm looking for an answer to the same question. Looks like you have to be a computer genius who understands what to run scripts means, how to create a script, and how to make it actually work. Let me know if you find anything.
09-27-2011, 12:05 PM
If you mean manual unraring via player's GUI, then 200 series players do support it. You simply need to select a RAR by pressing Enter in the file browser and choose unpack option in the menu that will appear. 200 series can also play files directly from RARs but this may be buggy.
10-21-2011, 06:27 PM
When i tries to do that, it will only unrar file nr. 1..... I normally telnet to the devise from my iPad and used the unrar e command...
10-22-2011, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2011 10:31 AM by DathRarhek.)
There are several ways to do this completely automated. But it mainly depends on what your setup is for downloading torrents. Could you explain that?

And yes, in all cases it does require quite some fiddling with telnet, editors and scripts. Unfortunately it seems that majority of the community uses Usenet, and the automated ready to go scripts are much better for them.

But it's possible. For example I work with: RSS feed -> TorrentWatch-X -> Transmission 2.21 -> Modified unrar script -> Oversight. This does work, and completely automated downloads my movies and series.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to DathRarhek for this post
04-05-2013, 06:52 PM
(10-22-2011 10:29 AM)DathRarhek Wrote:  There are several ways to do this completely automated. But it mainly depends on what your setup is for downloading torrents. Could you explain that?

And yes, in all cases it does require quite some fiddling with telnet, editors and scripts. Unfortunately it seems that majority of the community uses Usenet, and the automated ready to go scripts are much better for them.

But it's possible. For example I work with: RSS feed -> TorrentWatch-X -> Transmission 2. 21 -> Modified unrar script -> Oversight. This does work, and completely automated downloads my movies and series.

Hey DathRarhek,

I got the setup you're describing here..
RSS feed with Torrentwatch-X

Can you help me with a modified script that unpacks and adds it to Oversight? Would be wonderful! Smile

Cheers
04-08-2013, 10:55 AM
(04-05-2013 06:52 PM)jannes Wrote:  I got the setup you're describing here..
RSS feed with Torrentwatch-X

Can you help me with a modified script that unpacks and adds it to Oversight? Would be wonderful! Smile

Cheers
I've posted that in this thread before. It is:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# By DathRarhek

# The script for Transmission to unrar the newly downloaded files
# then scan them with Oversight

unrar_bin=/nmt/apps/bin/unrar

echo "############ " + `date` + " ############" >> /share/unrar.log

if [ -n "$TR_TORRENT_DIR" ] && [ -n "$TR_TORRENT_NAME" ] ; then
    name="$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
    dir="$TR_TORRENT_DIR"
fi

if [ -n "$1" ] ; then
    name=`basename "$1"`
    dir=`dirname "$1"`
fi

echo "Torrent name: $name" >> /share/unrar.log
echo "Torrent root dir: $dir" >> /share/unrar.log

if [ -z "$name" ] || [ -z "$dir" ] || [ ! -d "$dir/$name" ] ; then
    echo "Torrent data does not exit" >> /share/unrar.log
    exit 1;
fi

mkdir -p "/share/Complete/$name/"

IFS=$'\n'
for item in $(find "$dir/$name" -name "*.nfo" -o -name "*.rar" -o -name "*.mkv" -o -name "*.avi" -o -name "*.mp4"); do
    if [[ "$(echo "$item" | egrep -i "\.rar$" )" ]]; then
        echo "Found rar: $item" >> /share/unrar.log
        $unrar_bin x -y -o+ -p- -idq `echo "$item"` "/share/Complete/$name" >> /share/unrar.log 2>&1
    fi
    if [[ "$(echo "$item" | egrep -i "\.(mkv|avi|mp4)$" | grep -iv sample )" ]]; then
        echo "Found media: $item" >> /share/unrar.log
        cp "$item" "/share/Complete/$name/."
    fi
    if [[ "$(echo "$item" | egrep -i "\.nfo$" )" ]]; then
        echo "Found nfo: $item" >> /share/unrar.log
        cp "$item" "/share/Complete/$name/."
    fi
done
unset IFS

echo "Scanning with oversight" >> /share/unrar.log

# Scanning with Oversight
/share/Apps/oversight/bin/oversight.sh NEWSCAN RENAME "/share/Complete/$name/"

echo "Done at " + `date` >> /share/unrar.log

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Photo A-400 Usenet Download/unrar/repair speeds? beatuptruck 6 1,181 12-13-2013 08:27 PM
Last Post: guerilla
  Skipping unpack due to par-failure amsnl 3 1,224 12-06-2013 06:49 AM
Last Post: Willem53
Sad NZBget 11 is unable to unpack double Rarred files jeffery.leene 0 1,089 11-11-2013 11:59 PM
Last Post: jeffery.leene
  Torrents on A-200 WoTeX 1 762 11-01-2013 08:23 PM
Last Post: WoTeX
  A-300 freezes when using torrents alxx86 2 1,061 09-29-2013 12:42 AM
Last Post: alxx86
  NZBGet 11 unpack password integration in webinterface (Add dialog) mibaxx 0 1,070 09-09-2013 01:25 PM
Last Post: mibaxx
  Slow download speed and UI response with large torrents Nightquest 0 981 08-21-2013 06:37 PM
Last Post: Nightquest
  Torrents Not deleting from Web UI jibberboy2000 2 1,725 06-10-2013 10:30 PM
Last Post: Shli7f
  torrentwatch - cant add HD torrents feed ! djhifi 2 1,381 06-05-2013 02:18 PM
Last Post: djhifi
  Which port forward for torrents on A-400 Ronilution 5 1,620 05-26-2013 12:58 PM
Last Post: Ronilution