Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Do you want the new flash based UI on the 200er Series?
This poll is closed.
Yes i want the new flash based UI 86.86% 1454 86.86%
No, i don't want the new flash based UI 13.14% 220 13.14%
Total 1674 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
New UI for 200er Series, same as A-300 UI?!
10-27-2011, 02:23 AM
RE: New UI for 200er Series, same as A-300 UI?!
when will this new ui release for a210, it's so long enough from lastfirmware update
Find all posts by this user
10-28-2011, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2011 10:00 AM by tyrindor.)
(10-27-2011 02:23 AM)hugo79 Wrote:  when will this new ui release for a210, it's so long enough from lastfirmware update

Probably a couple months or more, they just released a new product and thats where their focus is going to be. Many companies stop firmware updates as soon as a new line is made and most of them also have more man power than syabas, so be happy that they are still supporting it.

If they actually release this for the A-210, the current firmware they've been working on will be useless and will probably scrapped. So they will have to start over and start optimizing this for the 200 series, which shouldn't take too long, but i'm sure they'll wait for get the bugs ironed out on the A-300 before 'porting' everything to the 200 series.
10-29-2011, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 04:06 AM by ellega.)
(10-26-2011 04:34 PM)Omertron Wrote:  Write it in java, make it usable to everyone (well, more than windows c# anyway) and move YAMJ on another step.

I want to make YAMJ a distributed scanner service that writes to a database, then you can add on what you need to that database, such as filename parsers, artwork downloads, etc.

Once the database is up to date, you pass it over to a skin system (Eversion, XML generator, HTML Generator, etc) to deploy for the end device.

At the current development pace, that's a fair way off yet, but if we get talented programmers on board it'll bring the time scales in a little bit at at time.

Omertron,
Do you think that Yamj will become stand alone in Popcorn in this way ? Smile
In this case I think that the new possibilities are enormous with a database !
We can manage all with only a browser internet.
It is only a dream perhaps. Rolleyes
In all case I m very exited by this project Big Grin

There was a project like this. But now it is completely stopped. Undecided
http://www.popcorn-hour-fr.com/forum/sho...p?tid=2459
10-29-2011, 04:21 AM
I agree
10-31-2011, 11:47 AM
(10-29-2011 03:58 AM)ellega Wrote:  Omertron,
Do you think that Yamj will become stand alone in Popcorn in this way ? Smile
In this case I think that the new possibilities are enormous with a database !
We can manage all with only a browser internet.
It is only a dream perhaps. Rolleyes
In all case I m very exited by this project Big Grin

There was a project like this. But now it is completely stopped. Undecided
http://www.popcorn-hour-fr.com/forum/sho...p?tid=2459

If you separate the scanning and the processing into distinct pieces, you could allow the devices to work at their own pace to provide what you need.

This would allow the possibility of on device scanning and downloading (like Oversight, NMJ, etc) but with the possibility of using a more powerful processor to do large scale updates (new setups, processor intensive graphics manipulation, etc.)

It would also allow households with multiple devices to collaborate on the creation of a jukebox and therefore speed things up that way.

As I said, a long way off yet, but the components are there.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2011, 01:04 PM
(10-21-2011 12:52 PM)remyx Wrote:  Hi Werner,
As a long term user of Popcorn system (I had the A-110, but still own a B-110, B-200 and C-200) I would like to clear some points:
1) Will the .nfo files used for YAMJ still in use, or discarded ?
2) Will the A-200, and the library of course, still useable offline ?
3) Does it means that you will keep the "old" UI for the x-1x0 systems or will you simply stop the maintenance on this system ?
4) Will the new UI be available directly to french speaking users, as the "old" NMJ was not available in french, at least at the beginning ?
5) Actually I'm using YAMJ with Alaska, as this option on HTML let me do one single menu, with two movies entries, (and the "normal" others) one for "adult movies" and one for my kids who are 6 and 8 years old. They know exactly where to go to see their movies, and do not have any risk to see the restricted ones (12+ and up). Will it be possible with the new UI ?
The second point is more than important for me as I use it on travel, or in my chalet (in the Swiss Alps) where NO internet is available. For having an up to date library, I do the YAMJ procedure at home, and take the small A-200 with me, which contain all the movies I like for my holidays, and even in my work trips...

Thanks in advance, and sorry if you already answered to theses questions.

Hi Werner,
Still no new about my questions ???

Regards

Remyx

B-110 / WD WD10EARS 1.5 TB / Sony 32''
A-200 + Moovika Case / WD WD20EARS 2.0 TB, on my ways ;-)
C-200 / WD WD20EARS 2.0 TB / Toshiba 48" 3D
C-200 / WD WD20EARS 2.0 TB / Toshiba 55"

Addict, simply Hiding
11-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/09/tech/m...index.html
11-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Just reports, not adobe saying it. I think the news has been blown out of proportion a little.

Samsung PS51d8000, Onkyo 509, Tannoy EFX5.1, Xbox 360, Popcornhour C200, Sky+HD, Wii, Harmony one
11-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Just to add something to this flash off topic...
Adobe won't release anymore flash plugins for mobile devices browsers.
But Flash technology will still be used in Adobe AIR platform which allow to develop applications for every mobile (or not mobile) devices (iOS, Android, Windows, whatever)

So, no, it's not the end of Flash, but maybe the end of Flash embedded in web pages.
11-09-2011, 07:15 PM
The strange part is they say they wont tweak adobe for mobile devices anymore but im wondering how much they really need to anymore, You have the htc with its leaked specs of a quad core tegra 3 chip, the raw cpu power on it alone would be enough to run flash, So im wondering if its just blowing smoke and adobe sees the market is changing from needing mobile gpu specific code to just general cpu power.
11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
DOes anyone know what is the status of this putative update? Will it proceed? Any expected date?

Thanks!
11-13-2011, 10:38 PM
if its coming it would be until the end of the year at the earliest.
11-13-2011, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2011 11:29 PM by emveepee.)
(10-25-2011 06:03 PM)werner Wrote:  we have a developer site

https://developer.popbox.com/c/devuser/home

there after registering you will find, flash api documents, sample app,........

You don't really have a developer site, you have a site that hopeful small developer's post questions that no one from Syabas ever responds too. Accident does his best to pass on his experience but a developer forum can't be solely a community forum.

Given the state of the developer forum I don't know why anyone would contemplate moving the 200 series to be solely Flash based.

Martin
11-14-2011, 07:47 AM
I just played with my brother's A300, not a fun experience! I really don't want my A210 to move to that user experience. I can't stand using NMJ now, and the A300's NMJ is just as bad. I still like my YAMJ, Oversight, and direct file listings.
11-14-2011, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 01:46 PM by wim-pch200.)
Hi Werner,

any outcome to the internal discussion yet?

If the outcome is to move to Flash:

- will there be a new firmware which will fix the FLASH api bugs, before the actual move to a full FLASH based GUI?

(functions start_pod and insert_pod_queue have an argument to indicate whether to show the photo on background, or to hide it (bgrun/bghide). Why would anyone display a photo on the background, and then hide it? But If you specify it to show on background, it is currently played on the background, with the controls of the app in front of it. Not useful. I can hide the controls when starting the photo playback, but there's no callback function at the end of the photo playback, so I really don't know when to show the controls again. This makes it currently impossible to do a Flash based photo slideshow...

I also tried the sample player app, which does work. Except for the fact that the screen goes black (with loading symbol) between each photo. Not nice...
)

- Unless the developer forum changes to real usernames instead of email addresses, I won't be posting questions and/or answering them. Given the number of posts, I can only assume more people think the same. Or is it just a lack of interest in Flash programming?

- Since the Popbox V8 is out, is there a new API and sample apps available?

There's no reference to random/shuffle playback in the docs. How to do this? Or do I have to write a random function in code myself?

Is it possible to use the user inface controls (like the list control, for example. See second user interface image (avatar) at: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...tid=55384) in user based applications? (Using open-source/freeware tools, not using the $$$ Adobe Flash environment)

- Is it possible that someone from Syabas is looking into the developer forum on a regular basis, and tries to answer some of the questions? There's an awful lot of questions being unanswered.

Regards, Wim.
Thread Closed