Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[split] c200/a300 interface thread - Eversion Questions/Help
10-19-2011, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 06:50 AM by pfp.)
RE: New UI for 200er Series, same as A-300 UI?!
(10-19-2011 04:04 AM)Specter Wrote:  
(10-19-2011 12:25 AM)pfp Wrote:  
(10-18-2011 04:54 AM)Specter Wrote:  The look that i was going for on the wall is like this, well without the title of the movie being in all CAPS but its nice and clean. the only info is name of movie, Number of movies, and what page your currently on.

[Image: fullwallmockup.th.png]

Now if there are options in Eversion where i can remove everything on top ill give it another go, but as it is right now it just cannot compete with the HTML skin i use in terms of clean interface. Im going to wait because i know more users will get creative and while some will go for having as much details on the main wall as possible others will go for a cleaner look and leave the details on the details page. Im just hoping something comes along before HTML support is removed because that could be in the next testing firmware after this current testing firmware is released.

Eversion is VERY easy to design eskins for and what you are looking for there is really simple. Took me about 10 minutes to build it in Eversion.
[Image: 1018201141857pm.png]

Here is the complete code to do that.
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<eskin>
    <control>
        <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
    </control>
    <background>
        <file>[:@media:]wall/background.png</file>
    </background>

<!-- The bottom bar with page nav, title and total titles --> 
    <text>
        <name>pagenavfull</name>
        <segname>index</segname>
        <hyper>4</hyper>
        <display>[:@pagecurrent:] / [:@pagetotal:]</display>
        <align>right</align>
        <posx>40</posx>
        <posy>680</posy>
        <width>80</width>
        <height>38.90</height>
        <size>19</size>  
        <color>0066FF</color>
    </text>    
    <text>
        <name>title</name>
        <segname>index</segname>
        <display>[:fulltitle:]</display>
        <posx>200</posx>
        <posy>680</posy>
        <width>880</width>
        <height>29</height>
        <size>26</size>  
        <color>FFFFFF</color>
        <align>center</align>
        <hyper>4</hyper>
    </text>
    <image>
        <name>mcountbg</name>
        <file>[:@media:]wall/mediacountbackground.png</file>
        <posx>1084</posx>
        <posy>676</posy>
        <width>180</width>
        <height>33.30</height>
    </image>
    <text>
        <name>kindi</name>
        <segname>index</segname>
        <display>[:@indexkind,upper:]</display>
        <posx>1093.95</posx>
        <posy>680</posy>        
        <width>95</width>
        <height>31.95</height>
        <size>19</size>
        <color>0066FF</color>
    </text>    
    <text>
        <name>total</name>
        <display>[:@totaltiles:]</display>
        <posx>1182.95</posx>
        <posy>680</posy>        
        <width>58.45</width>
        <height>31.95</height>
        <size>19</size>
        <align>right</align>
        <color>FFFFFF</color>
    </text>    

<!-- The thumbnails -->
    <segment>
        <name>index</name>
        <startx>27</startx>
        <starty>44</starty>
        <endx>1252</endx>
        <endy>680</endy>
        <scroll>2</scroll>
        <cursor>
            <file>[:@media:]wall/cursor.png</file>
            <above>true</above>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>151</width>
            <height>212</height>  
        </cursor>        
        <tile>
            <cols>8</cols>
            <rows>3</rows>
            <width>151</width>
            <height>212</height>
            <image>
                <name>thumbnail</name>
                <file>[:@jukebox:][:thumbnail:]</file>
                <posx>10</posx>
                <posy>10</posy>
                <width>131</width>
                <height>192</height>
            </image>            
        </tile>
        <remote>
           <button>PLAY</button>
           <action>PLAYALL</action>
        </remote>            
    </segment>    
</eskin> 

(10-18-2011 11:17 PM)JSearfoss Wrote:  I think it would be helpful for people trying to change the skin files if some 'commented' code files were posted. If you were to take the default wallfull.eskin file and after each line place a short comment as to what the line does it would make it more easy for people (like me) that have never looked at coding to figure some of it out. Some things are pretty obvious but some are not. The wiki shows small snips here and there but I think looking at the complete file is much easier to understand and learn.

While not as extensive as you are probably looking for I did add a decent amount of comments to pfpscope. I also tried to use better naming conventions and generally did everything from the top down (when possible).

hmm a split off...

Ok i just tried messing with the settings and now it reverted back to the default interface and i cannot get it back to the wall view for nothing. Ive been at this for 2 hours trying to put back the full wall, and what i did before by putting settings.xml in the YAMJ root does not sem to be working.

Also if those are the settings to modify where are they located or if its a simple copy and paste where should the file go and what name should it have?

The files that tell Eversion how to draw object on the screen have a .eskin extension and (as far as I can tell) Eversion doesn't care what the filenames are - you simply tell it what files to use and it does. The code snippet above is a complete eskin file - I happened to use the default \evstreamed\code\wallfiull.eskin and modified it to look the way you wanted.

There are also .xml files which are actually settings for eversion and/or the eversion eskins. One of these settings files is \evstreamed\settings-defaults.xml. This file has the settings for the evstreamed eskin. It's generally not a good idea to edit the settings in this file, instead create a new files called settings.xml and place any edit you would have made to settings-defaults in that new file. Anything in settings overwrites whats in settings-defaults.

Another file to take a look at is \evstreamed\code\load.eskin. While it's a .eskin file it's kinda special. Notice the Index, Movie and TV properties in this file. They each list one or more .eskin files also found in the \evstreamed\code folder. Remember, call the file what you want just let Eversion know about it.

Now one area I still get confused is that the Index, Movie and TV properties in load.eskin all have a default value. Settings-default also has a few similar properties called IndexTV, IndexMovie, IndexTVSet, IndexMovieSet, IndexIndex. I never know where I'm supposed to enter the name of the file I want to use so I generally put it in both. In this case I set indexmovie and indexindex in the xml file to Wallfull (or whaever else i decided to name the file) and I also set the default for Index in load.eskin to this as well.
(10-19-2011 04:39 AM)accident Wrote:  Before I forget, something that will save you a lot of time and headache. You can edit the settings and eskin directly in the jukebox folder. Just reset eversion (it's a menu option, press menu), and the new settings and skin will kick in immediately.

This is a HUGE timesaver!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2011, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 04:37 PM by davexyz.)
RE: [split] New UI for 200er Series, same as A-300 UI?! - Eversion Questions/Help
Would it be possible for a flow chart of the constituent modulesfor the default evstreamed skin to be posted to allow the user who wishes to make small changes to see where to make their mods. This would help "train" potential skin makers and allow newbies to start on a working skin especially with the reset option just mentioned. Also they could post details of whar their minimods and these could be incorported into other eskins.

Yes/No?
10-19-2011, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 07:58 PM by accident.)
(10-19-2011 06:49 AM)pfp Wrote:  The files that tell Eversion how to draw object on the screen have a .eskin extension and (as far as I can tell) Eversion doesn't care what the filenames are - you simply tell it what files to use and it does.
Quote:load.eskin is the only one that matters, everything else can be anything you want but may need to be in load.eskin file list for them to work.

[quote]
Now one area I still get confused is that the Index, Movie and TV properties in load.eskin all have a default value. Settings-default also has a few similar properties called IndexTV, IndexMovie, IndexTVSet, IndexMovieSet, IndexIndex.

It's pretty simple actually. load.eskin tells eversion a little about your eskin, it's name, version, etc. It also has the list of eskin files to use depending on what screen your in or data source. So as an eskin maker, if you have a screen where eversion needs to know the filenames that work you put it in load.eskin. As a user you'll edit your settings of which you want to use in the settings file. If you put in an option that doesn't exist, or typo it, or will not work for that type of data then eversion will use the default screen instead.

example:
you have index options i1, i2, i3, i4 and movie details option m1, m2. If you put ,m1 into an index option, it won't work so eversion uses the default for the index type your in instead.

Another way to look at it:
If you make a new index and call it superindex.eskin then you need to also add it into load.eskin under the types of indexes this option will work in. Then when you or a user adds it to their settings it will be used because the eskinner said this is a valid setting.
[quote='davexyz' pid='514650' dateline='1319024317']
Would it be possible for a flow chart of the constituent modulesfor the default evstreamed skin to be posted to allow the user who wishes to make small changes to see where to make their mods. This would help "train" potential skin makers and allow newbies to start on a working skin especially with the reset option just mentioned. Also they could post details of whar their minimods and these could be incorported into other eskins.

Anyone is free to contribute their own guides for eversion. I won't be making this.
10-19-2011, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 08:06 PM by pfp.)
(10-19-2011 07:52 PM)accident Wrote:  Anyone is free to contribute their own guides for eversion. I won't be making this.

I'm working on the default eskin again adding comments and such to hopefully explain what each part is doing.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to pfp for this post
10-19-2011, 08:41 PM
RE: [split] New UI for 200er Series, same as A-300 UI?! - Eversion Questions/Help
I will also try to put documentation inside the skin im doing now also.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to halfelite for this post
10-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Ok im taking a crack at it, trying to replicate the skin im using now but with minor improvements.

A few questions.

I notice that at the bottom on the screen in the screen shot of PFPs code that the Y was cut off, after modifying mine i notice that anything with a tail such as g, y and q also get cut off.

Now i shifted the entire wall up using

Code:
<segment>
        <name>index</name>
        <startx>27</startx>
        <starty>34</starty>
        <endx>1252</endx>
        <endy>680</endy>
        <scroll>2</scroll>
        <cursor>
            <above>true</above>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>151</width>
            <height>212</height>  
        </cursor>

And i also shifted the text up but there is still a black bar at the bottom of the screen cutting off the letters.

If it helps, ive changed the text size to 32
Code:
<text>
        <name>title</name>
        <segname>index</segname>
        <posx>200</posx>
        <posy>660</posy>
        <width>880</width>
        <height>32</height>
        <size>32</size>  
        <color>FFFFFF</color>
        <align>center</align>
        <hyper>4</hyper>
    </text>
How can i reduce the size of that bar along the bottom of the screen?

PCH A-200 16GB USB -> HDMI -> Samsung LN46A650 | A200 -> Toslink -> Logitech Z-5500 (Harmony 700)
PCH C-200 8GB USB -> HDMI -> Sharp LC46D64U (Harmony 550)
Eversion Whisper eskin + WHS V1 (25TB Q6600/4GB RAM ) -> Mediasonic HR82-SU3S2 (Backup)
D-Link DNS 323 for sale
10-19-2011, 11:17 PM
post the whole file in code tags not just the segment part.
10-19-2011, 11:32 PM
(10-19-2011 11:15 PM)Specter Wrote:  Ok im taking a crack at it, trying to replicate the skin im using now but with minor improvements.

A few questions.

I notice that at the bottom on the screen in the screen shot of PFPs code that the Y was cut off, after modifying mine i notice that anything with a tail such as g, y and q also get cut off.

Change the height - the size of the font is too big to fit entirely in the box created by the text property.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pfp for this post
10-19-2011, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2011 01:20 AM by Specter.)
I thought that making the size and height of the text the same value will make it display correctly but it seem for letters that have tails the height needs to be slighter larger.

For instance, my text size is 32, so i solve it by making the height 36

Similar to how this code displays the current page followed by the page total:
Code:
<display>[:@pagecurrent:] / [:@pagetotal:]</display>

How can i make this with cursor location and total titles, i tried the following code below and it worked, except that it displayed the cursor location first, then a second later it displays the cursor location/total titles
Code:
<text>
    <name>cursorloc</name>
    <segname>index</segname>
    <hyper>4</hyper>
    <display>[:@curpos:] / [:@totaltiles:]</display>
    <align>right</align>
    <posx>1080</posx>
    <posy>660</posy>
    <width>58</width>
    <height>28</height>
    <size>28</size>
    <color>0066FF</color>
   </text>

Below is the entire code
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<eskin>
    <control>
        <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
    </control>
    <background>
        <file>[:@media:]wall/background.png</file>
    </background>

<!-- The bottom bar with page nav, title and total titles -->
    <text>
        <name>pagenavfull</name>
        <segname>index</segname>
        <hyper>4</hyper>
        <display>[:@pagecurrent:] / [:@pagetotal:]</display>
        <align>right</align>
        <posx>40</posx>
        <posy>660</posy>
        <width>90</width>
        <height>28</height>
        <size>28</size>  
        <color>0066FF</color>
    </text>    
    <text>
        <name>title</name>
        <segname>index</segname>
        <posx>200</posx>
        <posy>660</posy>
        <width>880</width>
        <height>37</height>
        <size>32</size>  
        <color>FFFFFF</color>
        <align>center</align>
        <hyper>4</hyper>
    </text>

<text>
<name>cursorloc</name>
<segname>index</segname>
<hyper>4</hyper>
<align>right</align>
<posx>1080</posx>
<posy>660</posy>
<width>58</width>
<height>28</height>
<size>28</size>
<color>0066FF</color>

</text>

<!-- The thumbnails -->
    <segment>
        <name>index</name>
        <startx>27</startx>
        <starty>34</starty>
        <endx>1252</endx>
        <endy>680</endy>
        <scroll>2</scroll>
        <cursor>
            <above>true</above>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>151</width>
            <height>212</height>  
        </cursor>        
        <tile>
            <cols>8</cols>
            <rows>3</rows>
            <width>151</width>
            <height>212</height>
            <image>
                <name>thumbnail</name>
                <file>[:@jukebox:][:thumbnail:]</file>
                <posx>10</posx>
                <posy>10</posy>
                <width>131</width>
                <height>192</height>
            </image>            
        </tile>
        <remote>
           <button>PLAY</button>
           <action>PLAYALL</action>
        </remote>            
    </segment>    
</eskin>

PCH A-200 16GB USB -> HDMI -> Samsung LN46A650 | A200 -> Toslink -> Logitech Z-5500 (Harmony 700)
Eversion Whisper eskin + WHS V1 (25TB Q6600/4GB RAM ) -> Mediasonic HR82-SU3S2 (Backup)
D-Link DNS 323 for sale
10-20-2011, 01:42 AM
(10-19-2011 11:44 PM)Specter Wrote:  I thought that making the size and height of the text the same value will make it display correctly but it seem for letters that have tails the height needs to be slighter larger.

the pch system fonts are a little larger than you put in so it's not a 1:1 match on size.

Quote:How can i make this with cursor location and total titles, i tried the following code below and it worked, except that it displayed the cursor location first, then a second later it displays the cursor location/total titles

I can't really tell what you mean by this description. I can't see your screen you need to be much more exact with what actually came up.. examples would help
10-20-2011, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2011 02:06 AM by pfp.)
(10-19-2011 11:44 PM)Specter Wrote:  How can i make this with cursor location and total titles, i tried the following code below and it worked, except that it displayed the cursor location first, then a second later it displays the cursor location/total titles
Code:
<text>
    <name>cursorloc</name>
    <segname>index</segname>
    <hyper>4</hyper>
    <align>right</align>
    <posx>1080</posx>
    <posy>660</posy>
    <width>58</width>
    <height>28</height>
    <size>28</size>
    <color>0066FF</color>
   </text>

the code looks right for what you want to do and I do see the same issue you do when setting it up like this. I'm taking a WAG here... the cursor location is part of the segment and changes every time you move to a different title. Totaltitles is not part of the segment and is constant while on the screen. By telling Eversion to display them with the same text block it's being forced to do some work behind the scenes that delays the totaltitles for a second or so.

Best bet is to separate them into two text blocks. The first will have '[:@curpos:] / ' and be right justified. The second will have [:@totaltiles:] and be left justified. Make the second text block start where the first one ended and you should get what you want.
10-20-2011, 02:42 AM
RE: [split] c200/a300 interface thread - Eversion Questions/Help
No leave it that way.. <name>cursorloc</name> is special and mimics the # / # without the variables
10-20-2011, 02:59 AM
(10-20-2011 02:05 AM)pfp Wrote:  the code looks right for what you want to do and I do see the same issue you do when setting it up like this. I'm taking a WAG here... the cursor location is part of the segment and changes every time you move to a different title. Totaltitles is not part of the segment and is constant while on the screen. By telling Eversion to display them with the same text block it's being forced to do some work behind the scenes that delays the totaltitles for a second or so.

Best bet is to separate them into two text blocks. The first will have '[:@curpos:] / ' and be right justified. The second will have [:@totaltiles:] and be left justified. Make the second text block start where the first one ended and you should get what you want.

So far im using it with that work around and it seems to work except that when i enter a different wall that does not have XXXX numbers on only XX numbers for the total it leaves a 2 space gap between the cursor position and the total.

(10-20-2011 02:42 AM)accident Wrote:  No leave it that way.. <name>cursorloc</name> is special and mimics the # / # without the variables

So your saying that it should respond exactly like
Quote:<display>[:@pagecurrent:] / [:@pagetotal:]</display>

Its strange because i have 62 pages, and when i fly through them the number 62 stays constant and never changes, never needs to load, it just sits there. Essentially the total titles should do the same and sit there while the cursor location changes Angle

D-Link DNS 323 for sale
10-20-2011, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2011 03:21 AM by accident.)
I'm just commenting to not split it if you want # / #, it will run faster the way you did it. but you skipped over my post where I said I can't tell what your seeing on the screen how you described it. I need a lot more detail to know if there's a bug or just in the eskin wrong.

And there are cases where the 62 could change while your moving around an index without leaving it. Many people have yamj running automatically as they get new videos to add without touching anything.
10-20-2011, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2011 03:34 AM by pfp.)
[Image: 28956766l.png]

then about a second later...

[Image: 61640472.png]

This happens ever time you move to a new title, even moving just one title

(Please ignore the fields being truncated due to the sizes being wrong)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  YAMJ/Eversion: Customer Groups/Categories Adam1v 3 520 04-04-2014 09:30 AM
Last Post: Bazrah
  [YAMJ] evZap/eversion Can't create Sets XML file for index Peterkocic 0 513 03-30-2014 11:06 AM
Last Post: Peterkocic
  YAMJ (eversion+evhell) not seeing data say170 16 821 03-25-2014 10:52 AM
Last Post: Omertron
  Help with Eversion with Evzap Overlay rypm77 2 359 03-20-2014 03:13 AM
Last Post: rypm77
  [FLASH SKIN] eversion: can I add a menu item to switch the jukebox? randallspicher 0 324 03-12-2014 01:06 AM
Last Post: randallspicher
  [YAMJ] r3877 + Eversion + 0.7.67Mediainfo = NO AUDIO FLAGS??? wryker 25 1,639 03-08-2014 02:42 PM
Last Post: Tony3232
  [FLASH SKIN] yamj/oversight eversion skin jonny555 8 958 03-06-2014 10:16 PM
Last Post: wryker
  [YAMJ] r3877 + Eversion + 0.7.67Mediainfo = Inability for multiple movies w/same name wryker 4 860 03-02-2014 12:31 PM
Last Post: jluc2808
  Eversion Sunsoar 1 333 02-16-2014 06:34 AM
Last Post: Sunsoar
  [YAMJ] r3877 + Eversion + 0.7.67Mediainfo = Multipart movies not autoplaying wryker 2 392 02-15-2014 11:20 PM
Last Post: wryker