Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[RELEASED] OnlineTVRecorder.com App available in Apps Market
01-12-2012, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 11:32 AM by -Coco-.)
RE: [RELEASED] OnlineTVRecorder.com App available in Apps Market
(01-05-2012 07:24 PM)wryker Wrote:  any update on what app and when to see a promo for us a/A110's (and other popcorn owners)?

In the German forum, Werner wrote that the promotion is up since before Christmas already. Nothing has ever been announced though.

With the most recent version of this app, you can create a test account from within the app, which will be a premium account for 2 months that also includes 100 GWP (good will points).

Media Player: Popcorn Hour C-200 (with Samsung SpinPoint HM500JI, Lite-On iHOS104-37 and Alpha WMP-ND02 WLAN-Module)
TV: Grundig Vivance 32 LXW 82-6710 REF
Receiver: Topfield 5000 PVRt (with 160 GB HD)
Sound: LG FB162-DOU
NAS: Netgear ReadyNAS NVX RNDX400E
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2012, 10:05 AM
will this app be available for local iptv (from your isp)?

C-200 - 500gb wd, Xtreamer PRO - 500gb wd, sony kdl 40U4000, Harman Kardon AVR 160, Harman Kardon 5.1... Wink
http://www.popcornhour.me
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Just received my C300 the other day and was trying out some Apps but have appeared to have run into a problem with the OnlineTVRecorder app.
When I first installed it the app the installation instruction appeared to be in German and I may have inadvertently lost my login password as I didn't recognize the save password tick box. Is there a default password associated with the popcornxxxxxxxx@onlinetvrecorder.com account that appears to be created when you install the app? Does anyone know what the format is? I tried using the username as password but it doesn't work when I tried to login. I also went to OnlineTVRecorder.com and registered a new account to my personal email address but when I try it on the C300 with the app all I get is a 'User Not Found' error. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
01-31-2012, 09:56 PM
(01-27-2012 05:59 PM)dbell73 Wrote:  Just received my C300 the other day and was trying out some Apps but have appeared to have run into a problem with the OnlineTVRecorder app.
When I first installed it the app the installation instruction appeared to be in German and I may have inadvertently lost my login password as I didn't recognize the save password tick box. Is there a default password associated with the popcornxxxxxxxx@onlinetvrecorder.com account that appears to be created when you install the app? Does anyone know what the format is? I tried using the username as password but it doesn't work when I tried to login. I also went to OnlineTVRecorder.com and registered a new account to my personal email address but when I try it on the C300 with the app all I get is a 'User Not Found' error. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Same problem here...
02-11-2012, 08:06 AM
(01-27-2012 05:59 PM)dbell73 Wrote:  Just received my C300 the other day and was trying out some Apps but have appeared to have run into a problem with the OnlineTVRecorder app.

Looks like I was in too much of a rush. After waiting a few days I tried it again and it worked. I guess there was a bit of a delay for the registration to take affect.
02-12-2012, 06:00 AM
(02-11-2012 08:06 AM)dbell73 Wrote:  

Looks like I was in too much of a rush. After waiting a few days I tried it again and it worked. I guess there was a bit of a delay for the registration to take affect.

Ok. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to how this app actually works.
I've installed the and setup an account which appears to work as I was able to login and schedule a few recordings. I've got what looks like 5 recordings that have been received but when I try to play them I get a 'video link not found'. I'm seeing reference in this thread that one should wait 6 hours or so before it might actually work. I've waited at least that long but will give it a try tomorrow to see if these recordings will play.
My assumption was that these recordings will be downloaded to my Popcorn C-300 but haven't as yet found any files that seem associated with these recording on any of my Popcorn volumes. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Or do I actually have it things setup incorrectly?
Am I suppose to run the recordings on my PC and does the OTR app on the C-300 access the files from my PC?? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
02-12-2012, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 08:02 AM by chris57.)
I think we are all stuck with this thing.Undecided

Werner said that some deal or something was being setup and we had to wait for that. However we have heard nothing since.
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...#pid528728

Until we see a new version in Apps Market it wont work from that post.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
02-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Just re-read my post #76 above. Wink

Media Player: Popcorn Hour C-200 (with Samsung SpinPoint HM500JI, Lite-On iHOS104-37 and Alpha WMP-ND02 WLAN-Module)
TV: Grundig Vivance 32 LXW 82-6710 REF
Receiver: Topfield 5000 PVRt (with 160 GB HD)
Sound: LG FB162-DOU
NAS: Netgear ReadyNAS NVX RNDX400E
02-12-2012, 02:27 PM
God of him to let us knowTongue

Freudian slip Big Grin

CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
02-12-2012, 05:11 PM
(02-12-2012 06:00 AM)dbell73 Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 08:06 AM)dbell73 Wrote:  

Ok. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to how this app actually works.
I've installed the and setup an account which appears to work as I was able to login and schedule a few recordings. I've got what looks like 5 recordings that have been received but when I try to play them I get a 'video link not found'. I'm seeing reference in this thread that one should wait 6 hours or so before it might actually work. I've waited at least that long but will give it a try tomorrow to see if these recordings will play.
My assumption was that these recordings will be downloaded to my Popcorn C-300 but haven't as yet found any files that seem associated with these recording on any of my Popcorn volumes. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Or do I actually have it things setup incorrectly?
Am I suppose to run the recordings on my PC and does the OTR app on the C-300 access the files from my PC?? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ok. Will sit tight until the new update arrives. In the meantime I was hoping if someone new how this OTR app will actually function on the Popcorn Hour. Patience is a virtue I guess.
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Have you tried what post 76 says? I havent yet but it should enable you to watch at least one recording.

03-26-2012, 03:54 AM
I set the test account up from within the app on an A200 but the screen was still in German (hadn't yet found the You-Tube video on how to switch to English) and didn't record the defautl password.

Now can't get back in and when I try to set up a new account it says "this unit hardware has already registered".

Is there a standard format to test passwords (I have the default account name) or is there a way to reset the password . I did try the OTR website but that sends the password to the default email account for the complimentary service which is popcornxxxxxxxx@onlinetvrecorder.com which of course I don't have access to.

Thanks.

(01-12-2012 09:53 AM)-Coco- Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 07:24 PM)wryker Wrote:  any update on what app and when to see a promo for us a/A110's (and other popcorn owners)?

In the German forum, Werner wrote that the promotion is up since before Christmas already. Nothing has ever been announced though.

With the most recent version of this app, you can create a test account from within the app, which will be a premium account for 2 months that also includes 100 GWP (good will points).
05-01-2012, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 03:30 PM by jetserf.)
Lightbulb RE: [RELEASED] OnlineTVRecorder.com App available in Apps Market
Hello all Smile just wanted to post my experience with the OnlineTVRecorder.com app so far. I have a C-200 with internal HDD and connected to our home network with a Mini MII PCI Wifi N card (MN-200). This is all connected to a Samsung UN55ES8000 via HDMI.

I'm an American living in the US with my wife of 3 years who is German. I've wanted to find a way for her to watch German tv here in the states. The OTVR app seems like the best solution so far, although not as easy as just watching shows on our Directv DVR. I knew there was a OnlineTVRecorder.com website but just found out about the app for the Popcornhour last Sunday night. I got the app installed and synced to my normal email account. I selected a couple of German soaps my wife likes and went to bed. About 7 hours later I checked to see if the shows had recorded. There were 3 programs listed in the recorded area on the left side of the OTVR app but I got error messages when I tried to play them Undecided . I thought it could be because I had 0 GWP. I remembered a post I read on this forum from Werner about the special OTVR Popcornhour offer. From within the OTVR app I chose to make a new account. The app gave me a new email address for a username and a 6 digit password.

With the new account set up I selected some more shows to be recorded later. The new account had 100 GWP. We went out to run errands and I started to cook when I got home. I decided to check the OTVR app to see if anything had recorded. Again, 3 programs were listed. I tried the first one and got an error message Huh However, the next 2 programs worked Big Grin They were german soaps. It's a bit confusing because as stated earlier in this thread, the program is preceded and followed by a few minutes of extra time. It did work though. After watching the 2 shows I noticed the GWP was at 95.##.

The picture was standard definition but very watchable. You can pause the show but it takes time for the show to play after you unpause it. I gather that the show is streaming from somewhere. I was hoping they would save to the internal HDD Undecided I'm really glad it works though. Maybe I'll pick up some german by osmosis.

Danke Werner!!!!!!!!

(02-12-2012 05:12 PM)chris57 Wrote:  Have you tried what post 76 says? I havent yet but it should enable you to watch at least one recording.

We've watched 2 so far.

(01-12-2012 09:53 AM)-Coco- Wrote:  

From my experience, this is correct. If the program continues to run reliably then I will consider paying for a premium account. I'm glad for the opportunity to have the trial run. If I wasn't able to see the program working and see the picture quality I wouldn't consider paying. Time will tell if the expense will be worth it.
05-05-2012, 05:53 PM
amazing but no Italian channel are available......is it possible to add them ? In Italy we have all the channel transmitted in digital so i think all the channels have an internet corespondent channel.
thanks in advance

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Several Installed apps no longer working?!? wdmabry 1 65 Today 02:00 AM
Last Post: Willem53
  [a400] unable to install market apps woj-o 2 212 04-02-2014 01:45 PM
Last Post: woj-o
  Getting new apps Aquasport 2 365 02-25-2014 03:10 PM
Last Post: Aquasport
  Apps market- unable to connent to server Karolina 1 327 02-17-2014 04:51 AM
Last Post: developer2
  Apps market on SSD evilandy3000 1 396 02-03-2014 10:35 PM
Last Post: Kir
  cant access apps market from my c200 xua 1 356 12-27-2013 07:24 AM
Last Post: Willem53
  [17 July 2012] TuneIn Radio! App released to Appsmarket for A-300 and C-300 werner 28 26,368 11-13-2013 01:33 PM
Last Post: pkleingu
  Where are the premium apps A-400 deltaforcereservist 2 1,103 08-23-2013 03:59 AM
Last Post: deltaforcereservist
  Apps Market A400 rickboy62 5 2,031 04-18-2013 04:14 PM
Last Post: chris57
  List of all apps available losAntonis 6 3,352 04-07-2013 01:03 AM
Last Post: wgstarks