Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[plexNMT] A Flash Lite Plex Client
03-13-2012, 11:53 PM
RE: [plexNMT] A Flash Lite Plex Client
(03-02-2012 09:00 PM)manecas Wrote:  
(02-26-2012 12:13 AM)rip77 Wrote:  Ok,
The config.xml has nothing to do with setting the plex server address, it’s a leftover from when I was trying to work out how I was going the configure the address.

To change the address for now change
Code:
    public static var plexURL:String = "http://192.168.0.3:32400/";
found in “plexNMT/as2/pages/main.as” and then recompile

To be able to compile you need the signup at https://developer.popbox.com and download the “Sample Applications and Libraries”

Then from the download copy the com folder from the common folder and paste into the plexNMT base folder over writing the com folder
Once compile change the extension of the swf file to pcf (I think that’s right) then copy to usb and play on pch

Again this is development code and not a public release so use only if you know what you’re doing and if you want to help make a branch/fork thingy (still working out the github thing myself) on github and get coding

On a side note I have moved into a my new home and have my stuff out of storage but still waiting on getting the internet hooked up and some spare time before I get coding again myself

Arrrggghhh... I give up! Too much complicated for me... Really need a Noob step by step screenshot manual. Smile
Will wait till some publi release is ready.
(nevertheless, if you need some testers - you can count on me.)
Cheers!

seriously would be nice to know how to load it into flash builder to compile, since it doesn't think it's a project

Feature request for the A200/C200:
Option to disable Popcorn Upscaling - let your TV/AVR upscale
We need your VOTE!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2012, 12:17 AM
isnt' builder for flex apps? does it come bundled with normal flash?
03-14-2012, 12:29 AM
well, i take that back, i compiled it in flash, it showed my libraries when idid preview, but on pch all i get is a black screen, and i think the extension is phf not pcf

We need your VOTE!
03-14-2012, 12:33 AM
all I can offer if the player doesn't error if it tried to start a flash app that wasn't there depending on how you launched it. that could be the black screen. It might be how builder compiled it if it made it for flex..

extension wise, normally things save as swf and that's valid. however syabas made a phf extension. the only different is phf will show up on the tv in the file list screen and swf wont.
03-14-2012, 03:19 PM
(03-14-2012 12:17 AM)accident Wrote:  isnt' builder for flex apps? does it come bundled with normal flash?

yes my bad, i have the creative suite through work and never used this part before

We need your VOTE!
03-14-2012, 10:03 PM
ok i have it working, it shows my different libraries i have in plex media server, but it shows each one with 0/0, i know this is dev code, but is it suppose to work at all?

We need your VOTE!
03-15-2012, 07:12 PM
@accident you are getting black screen as there are multiple files with ip adresses that point towards your plex server Smile config them all.
03-15-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't use this, but being one of the few that has anything in flash I try to chime in to offer my experience to others trying to make something.
04-05-2012, 11:40 PM
is this project dead ?
04-06-2012, 02:14 AM
No, it’s not dead it’s just life getting in the way, but if you can help with some flash programming give us a pm.

As for an update i got some time this Easter weekend and have been looking at shared objects so we can store/set the plex sever url from the settings menu also i’m trying to set up some global data so the menu system works better but that means rewriting most of the pages

I should be getting a adsl line next week so i should be able to update the github as i go.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to rip77 for this post
04-07-2012, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 09:05 AM by dr_dre.)
Nice to hear that your still on it.

Sorry but im no good at flash programming.
ANYONE OUT HERE THAT CAN ? Smile
04-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Would be really great to see some support from syabas on this...
Since there is no upgrades for nearly one year on the 200 series, would be great for the owners to give some work to their devices.
As myself, i got my C200 in stand by mode for a while since my Samsung TV is working directly as Plex client. Just wait for this project to be real to try it and see if the quality of the image and functionlities improves.

NMT was great a few years ago... Dind't follow the evolution unfortunately...
04-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Would be really great to see people in this community take a few minutes to learn how to join a project and help out instead of slinging bs at why nobody else is just doing it for them... Does it make you feel better to put people and companies down because you can't be bothered working on it yourself?

this project is stalled because the 1 user who wants to see it happen is busy in their personal life to work on it.. They probably have it working on their tv and really don't need to finish it.. flash is that simple to work with..
04-08-2012, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 11:16 PM by manecas.)
I really want to help Accident!
Just need to know where can i do it! Since i'm not a programmer... provide me some guidance or some single tasks and i will help.
Don't mind to learn new things... But on the dark i cannot find my South!

Was not my intention to decrease any importance of the work already done.... Just try to justify some support from the company who dind't "manage" to follow improved technology. The best of the 2x world (nmt quality and the tech) will provide the value for money to the owners of Popcorn devices!

Another question... Why Flash? didn't know it was one of the requirements of a Plex client.

And as i said, i still got my device on a Standby mode and not just unplugged. Still believing on it...

(04-08-2012 10:19 PM)accident Wrote:  Would be really great to see people in this community take a few minutes to learn how to join a project and help out instead of slinging bs at why nobody else is just doing it for them... Does it make you feel better to put people and companies down because you can't be bothered working on it yourself?

this project is stalled because the 1 user who wants to see it happen is busy in their personal life to work on it.. They probably have it working on their tv and really don't need to finish it.. flash is that simple to work with..
04-08-2012, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 11:43 PM by accident.)
nobody that programs started out knowing how to program.. most people around here are just people who wanted somethign for the pch so they took a few minutes to learn how to do it.. it's overwelming at first but not hard, just new.. none of them would say they are programmers also.

flash is the fast way to do it, especially with the basics already in this project. to be honest you could run it and use it as it is right now, just nobody made an easy way to install or setup what your plex server is to get the data from.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PlexNMT-100 Web service for A-110 junkcollector 3 532 03-30-2014 01:47 PM
Last Post: junkcollector
  Plex Client on the PCH rip77 28 18,604 02-23-2014 03:13 PM
Last Post: junkcollector
  PLEX has disabled iso and ViDEO_TS scanning on the server? randallspicher 3 1,472 02-20-2014 02:48 PM
Last Post: randallspicher
  Plex client just stops and returns to jukebox page mendes9 3 624 02-17-2014 02:59 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  [plexNMT] Beta Release, Download and Install rip77 118 27,600 10-12-2013 10:36 AM
Last Post: Atinkler
Brick [plexNMT] Alpha Testing Release, Download and Installation rip77 117 30,382 05-18-2013 03:19 PM
Last Post: Switchblade
  [plexNMT] Alpha Release 2, Download and Installation rip77 71 15,317 03-29-2013 02:48 PM
Last Post: qukquk
  Will Plex ever work on the PCH? stryker412 6 3,754 01-11-2013 10:45 PM
Last Post: rip77
  Any new flash based music jukebox? grey 1 2,237 06-18-2012 12:44 AM
Last Post: accident
  [PHOTO] uPNP client Photo Jukebox spud 0 2,045 05-02-2012 02:43 PM
Last Post: spud