Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bad Disc Region with c-200
02-17-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: Bad Disc Region with c-200
Hi Chris47,
do you work for SYABAS? Why do you state that quoting of conversations with PCH is not allowed. This is a general problem, that has been notified by various owners, without a real solution. I have notified SYABAS about this threat, so they are able to respond as it concerns others as well. My opinion is that SYABAS should clearly state which current make/model BDrom works with the latest firmware released for the PCH-C200. It is a very simple question and potentially a very simple answer. Now I am very frustrated with the fact that I am busy for a couple of weeks and stuck with a BD-ROM I can't return to the shop anymore for another one. You state that it is either the motherboard or the BD-rom is faulty, but it could also be the combination of firmware/ BDrom that could be the issue, but this has not been clarified by SYABAS while there is a simple way to test and confirm this by SYABAS buying the same type of BD-ROM (which should not be an issue...test/return) install it in a PCH-C200 load it with the latest firmware, set the box to the right region and test it with a BD available. Magic or not. If that works then we can surely state that the problem is related to the motherboard. That is what I would call support Huh
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2012, 09:06 PM
I never got my LG multi blue BH12ls38 to work for bd in the c-200.
But one thing I did notice is in the c-200 I ran down to 1 reset left on the bd settings. And 2 resets left for dvd
But when i yanked it out and installed it in my desktop, it showed the bd region was not set. Still had five left. And dvd regions had 4 resets left.
I looked up the drive at lg and there is no firmware update.
Updated the drive regions in my desktop and put it back in the c-200 with no improvement.
So I ended up installing a standard dvd drive in the c-200 and left the bd drive in the desktop.

If we ever get another firmware update for the c-200 again I might try again.
But at this point I gave up on the drive working. with the June 2011 firmware.
02-18-2012, 01:52 AM
I had similar experience and eventually bought the drive they tested with.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...#pid543660

The c-200 might as well not even prrtend they support BD. My 2 A-110s are better. Angry
02-18-2012, 04:15 AM
(02-17-2012 03:50 PM)pegasus Wrote:  Hi Chris47,
do you work for SYABAS? Why do you state that quoting of conversations with PCH is not allowed. This is a general problem, that has been notified by various owners, without a real solution. I have notified SYABAS about this threat, so they are able to respond as it concerns others as well. My opinion is that SYABAS should clearly state which current make/model BDrom works with the latest firmware released for the PCH-C200. It is a very simple question and potentially a very simple answer. Now I am very frustrated with the fact that I am busy for a couple of weeks and stuck with a BD-ROM I can't return to the shop anymore for another one. You state that it is either the motherboard or the BD-rom is faulty, but it could also be the combination of firmware/ BDrom that could be the issue, but this has not been clarified by SYABAS while there is a simple way to test and confirm this by SYABAS buying the same type of BD-ROM (which should not be an issue...test/return) install it in a PCH-C200 load it with the latest firmware, set the box to the right region and test it with a BD available. Magic or not. If that works then we can surely state that the problem is related to the motherboard. That is what I would call support Huh

The reason I state that quoting of your conversations with PCH Support is not allowed is because it is in the forum rules/policy. I also expanded on why in my last post.

Also in those same rules is an explanation of exactly what you must declare in terms of interests, one being that you work for Syabas. As I have no dark blue name tag or syabas as my employer listed it is obvious that I do not work for them.

PCH Support have offered to replace your motherboard. Get it done then you know that the motherboard is not at fault.

Remember that you opinion is no more valid than the next person. You seem to be demanding, you demand that Syabas go out and purchase each and every BD ROM on the market, test each and every BD ROM on each firmware. I know of no manufacturer in the world that would do this. Completely unrealistic.
You demand that they go out and purchase your BD ROM. Yet other owners of the same make/model have no problems playing discs. You don't even know if they have the ROM in their test labs already.

@ rubenrocha - you are talking about region changes in the ROM drive not region changes in the player. Only DVD regions are in the ROM firmware. Bd regions are within the player. That is why you see 5 changes when connected to a PC. I would have either loaded a RPC1/RPC2reseet firmware or set the ROM drive to your region when in the PC first before inserting it in the C200. Remember it is hard to update the ROPM firmware once inserted in the player, so connect to a Pc first. Then insert in the player and set the player BD and DVD regions.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
02-18-2012, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2012 11:38 AM by pegasus.)
Chris,
maybe you should read the thread more closely. I haven't said that SYABAS should test every BD-rom that is available in the market. I've said that SYABAS should give an advise on a BD-ROM player that is generally available in the shops right now (and the SAMSUNG SH-B123L is one of them) and confirm that it is working with the latest firmware released. How difficult is this? For the purpose of testing and give real customer support (in my opinion), they could get a SAMSUNG BDrom from the shop around the corner, test it, report the outcome and bring the BD-rom back to the shop for refund (whatever). Instead of SYABAS sending me back to the reseller to do the following :
Are you able to contact your reseller/vendor and do a test with a different C-200 MB or just get a replacement from them.

You state that SYABAS offers to replace the C-200? I don't read it like that but maybe it is my English?

You think that I am demanding, well your replies surely doesn't help. A real help would be as have a C-200 of your own (based on your signature) with a BD SH-B083L(SB01) installed, is that you confirm to me that BDrom works with firmware 03-04-110531-21-POP-408-000???

As there a more people out there that are facing the same problem (which you as moderator should have noticed) I have decided to copy my conversation with SYABAS in this thread, so that other people do not have to follow the same procedures that doesn't come to a conclusion and only gives frustration. If SYABAS knows of cases where the motherboard was faulty that caused the problem, one might think what the cause of this is. Anyway a clear advise which BDrom to buy that is available on the current market and is confiremed to be working with the latest firmware would have been very helpfull and would have overcome a lot of frustration from my side and most likely from others.

I have contacted the reseller and the have opened a C-200 which had a factory BD-rom installed and that is a LiteOn type: iHOS104-37 3. It is not confirmed by the reseller with which firmware is being used on this C200. Later on this week I will take my C200 and I will do some testing with their C200. The interesting part will then be to see if my BD's work in the new resellers C200. If so then put my Samsung BDrom in the resellers BDrom and vice versa to see what the outcome is. This seems to be the only way for me as a consumer to find out instead of having a clear advise from the vendor / support team.

To be continued.....Angry
Well that was my thought as wel and according to the list, only two BDroms are confirmed by SYABAS:
1. LG GGC-H20L tested by Syabas/Damien with FW 02-01-090904-19-POP-408

2. Sony BDU-X10S tested by SYABAS with 02-01-090904-19-POP-408

The first one is not available anymore in the shops and are even not manufacured anymore. I've tried to buy one through bidding on E-bay, but I lost. The thing is however that both drive have been confirmed working OK with older FW. The SAMSUNG SH-B123L is also tested OK in the list (not by SYABAS however), but also with different FW. Before I go buy another BDrom player I would like SYABAS to confirm that these drives (which they apperently own, but do not ship themselves) work with the latest released FW version.

I wonder if SYABAS had send you the same path in terms of a motherboard hardware problem and advised you to get your NMT replaced by your reseller? Would like to know what your experience with SYABAS regarding your BAD REGION problem?

(02-18-2012 01:52 AM)eDad2003 Wrote:  I had similar experience and eventually bought the drive they tested with.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...#pid543660

The c-200 might as well not even prrtend they support BD. My 2 A-110s are better. Angry
02-18-2012, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2012 01:41 PM by chris57.)
First do NOT tell me how to do my job.Big Grin

You need to be reminded that this is NOT the PCH/Syabas forum. This is the NMT Owners forum run by and for NMT Owners. So do not treat me as some Syabas stooge and tell me how to behave or your stay here will be limited, which neither I nor you want I'm sure.

Quote:My opinion is that SYABAS should clearly state which current make/model BDrom works with the latest firmware released for the PCH-C200. It is a very simple question and potentially a very simple answer.

Please explain how the hell Syabas could produce such a list without purchasing each and every ROM drive?

And it is NOT simple as I keep telling you other Samsung ROM drive owners of YOUR MODEL have no problems at all. So under your demanding behaviour what should Syabas say about it? Plays fine for everyone but one person! It is the same for other models as well.
I have a Samsung ROM in my C200, the B083L, and it works fine as well. I had a LiteON before that and it was crap, didn't play a lot of discs. However when moved into a PC again it would not play discs. BD ROM drives are not 100%, like any electrical component. But you are so closed minded that you are not prepared to even consider a free replacement of the motherboard.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
02-18-2012, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2012 04:04 PM by pegasus.)
Who the hell do you think you are? If you want to make my stay on this forum limited then do so, you are the UBER moderator. Are you GERMAN by any chance? I wonder where did you get the fact that SYABAS offers me to getr a free replacemant of the motherboard, as they have stated to check with the reseller if they are willing to check and maybe they are will;ing to change the hardware. And, still my question is very very simple and apperently you can't get this to your skull, I only want to know ONE BD-ROM make and model , which is currently available in the shos and is supoorted by the latest FW. So F you with your narrowmindes as you fail to see the BD-region problem is NOT only my problem but of many others. Please GO AHEAD and kick me of this forum as people like yourself are complety useless.

(02-18-2012 01:36 PM)chris57 Wrote:  First do NOT tell me how to do my job.Big Grin

You need to be reminded that this is NOT the PCH/Syabas forum. This is the NMT Owners forum run by and for NMT Owners. So do not treat me as some Syabas stooge and tell me how to behave or your stay here will be limited, which neither I nor you want I'm sure.

Quote:My opinion is that SYABAS should clearly state which current make/model BDrom works with the latest firmware released for the PCH-C200. It is a very simple question and potentially a very simple answer.

Please explain how the hell Syabas could produce such a list without purchasing each and every ROM drive?

And it is NOT simple as I keep telling you other Samsung ROM drive owners of YOUR MODEL have no problems at all. So under your demanding behaviour what should Syabas say about it? Plays fine for everyone but one person! It is the same for other models as well.
I have a Samsung ROM in my C200, the B083L, and it works fine as well. I had a LiteON before that and it was crap, didn't play a lot of discs. However when moved into a PC again it would not play discs. BD ROM drives are not 100%, like any electrical component. But you are so closed minded that you are not prepared to even consider a free replacement of the motherboard.
02-27-2012, 11:57 PM
I went to the reseller with my PCH-C200 and the conclusion is that the SAMSUNG SH-B123L V04 with firmware 03-04-110531-21-POP-408-000 is NOT COMPATIBLE with retail BD-roms. The BD-rom player has been replaced with a LitOn iHOS 104-37 and the PCH works just fine now. The retail price of the BD-rom player was about 50 Euro. There seems to be nothing wrong with the motherboard Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Buddy_away Blu Ray drive region free? sunite 1 756 08-16-2013 03:05 PM
Last Post: FLACFAN
  PCH C-200 won't detect my HDD since i changed it to dynamic disc danijelsan7 4 1,137 04-14-2013 04:24 PM
Last Post: Willem53
  Region free ? fa355115 0 554 02-11-2013 09:10 AM
Last Post: fa355115
  Bad Disc Region error - My turn canaan 4 1,267 01-24-2013 03:31 AM
Last Post: canaan
  Bad Disc Region error - Rollback Firmware? canaan 4 969 01-15-2013 05:31 AM
Last Post: canaan
  Bad Disc Region 666 24 7,855 11-15-2012 08:24 PM
Last Post: Stahlseele
Exclamation Another "Bad Disc Region" thread aaron_9 1 704 09-16-2012 02:45 PM
Last Post: aaron_9
  Change Blu ray region 03397 5 2,170 08-17-2012 11:34 PM
Last Post: 03397
  Not seeing internal Hard disc over network, only internal USB drive basterb 2 1,136 02-26-2012 10:33 AM
Last Post: serg_as
  Bd bad region? bibbypeter 10 1,967 02-20-2012 06:55 AM
Last Post: voevoda