Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Easy way to change video output?
07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Easy way to change video output?
Hi there. I have a problem with video outputs on the PCH. I have both a TV and a Projector connected to the popcorn through my Onkyo Reciever. The TV is connected with HDMI, while the projector is connected with Component as the reciever only has one HDMI output.

I also own a Logitech Harmony One that turns on the right devices and sets them up.

The problem is that I have found no easy way to cycle through HDMI and Component output on the PCH. I have to enter the setup-menu, then browse through all the different options to set it up. Now, if I watch a movie on the Projector, and then later want to watch something on the TV instead, I have to power up the projector and roll down the screen in order to see anything and navigate to the setup menu to change the output to HDMI.

Sureley, there must be an easier way?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I DID try to "Auto" option, but that just changed the HDMI to some crappy resolution while still refusing to send anything through component.
Find all posts by this user
07-13-2008, 06:56 PM

please next time search a little bit Smile

Remotecontrol:

Tv Mode then wait an second or two and then press this

0 = Auto TV Mode
1 = Composite 480i (NTSC)
2 = Composite 576i (PAL)
3 = no function
4 = Component 720p 60hz (NTSC)
5 = Component 1080i 60hz (NTSC)
6 = Component 1080p 60hz (NTSC)
7 = HDMI 720p 60hz (NTSC)
8 = HDMI 1080i 60hz (NTSC)
9 = HDMI 1080p 60hz (NTSC)

because component and Hdmi only give you 60hz NTSC we include an extra function which you can use with TV Mode then again wait one second or two then press CAPS/NUM to switch to 50hz (PAL) you can do it that way also back again to 60hz (NTSC)

regards werner
07-13-2008, 07:58 PM

Ah yes. I did find that list you posted, but it must've been old. The one I found looked like this:

- TV Mode + 0 = Auto mode (works most of the time)
- TV Mode + 1 = Component/Composite NTSC 480i
- TV Mode + 2 = Component/Composite PAL 576i
- TV Mode + 3 = reserved
- TV Mode + 4 = HDMI/Component 720p50
- TV Mode + 5 = HDMI/Component 1080i50
- TV Mode + 6 = HDMI/Component 1080p50
- TV Mode + 7 = HDMI/Component 720p60
- TV Mode + 8 = HDMI/Component 1080i60
- TV Mode + 9 = HDMI/Component 1080p60

Thanks for the correct list. Smile I still can't get it to go directly to 1080p24, but at least I can change to the TV without turning on the projector.
07-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Re: Easy way to change video output?
Mofasa Wrote:Hi there. I have a problem with video outputs on the PCH. I have both a TV and a Projector connected to the popcorn through my Onkyo Reciever. The TV is connected with HDMI, while the projector is connected with Component as the reciever only has one HDMI output.

I also own a Logitech Harmony One that turns on the right devices and sets them up.

The problem is that I have found no easy way to cycle through HDMI and Component output on the PCH. I have to enter the setup-menu, then browse through all the different options to set it up. Now, if I watch a movie on the Projector, and then later want to watch something on the TV instead, I have to power up the projector and roll down the screen in order to see anything and navigate to the setup menu to change the output to HDMI.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I DID try to "Auto" option, but that just changed the HDMI to some crappy resolution while still refusing to send anything through component.
Flashing Red Arrow when clicked will take you here.:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/i.../Main_Page

ND
07-13-2008, 09:50 PM
notdavid Wrote:
Mofasa Wrote:Hi there. I have a problem with video outputs on the PCH. I have both a TV and a Projector connected to the popcorn through my Onkyo Reciever. The TV is connected with HDMI, while the projector is connected with Component as the reciever only has one HDMI output.

Thanks in advance.

ND

Yep. That is quite true. However, that link has a different list than the one Werner posted.
07-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Mofasa Wrote:
notdavid Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

ND

Yep. That is quite true. However, that link has a different list than the one Werner posted.
Ah! Okay, he wanted the "Direct Jump" list!!
My major complaint with the PCH/NMT is the lack of documentation in a comprehensible format.
I really don't have a bitch about it, but it is actually the biggest problem with any new hardware.
It is something that is very hard to do properly, it is always left till the last moment, and never given enough money, nor time.
I used to do it for a living in the early 1980's on military weapon control systems for submarines, trying to extract comprehensible information from the programmers, and engineers was the worst part of the job!

ND
07-13-2008, 10:04 PM

the wiki is old and has some wrong entries inside Sad when i find time i will change that sorry for that guys this makes users confused.

regards werner
07-13-2008, 10:23 PM

ok i changed the parts about videomodes in the wiki to stop the confusion Smile

regards werner
07-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Great, thanks a lot! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A-110 changes resolution when playing video or audio FC_ 16 13,159 10-19-2009 09:26 PM
Last Post: A2a
  a110 video setup tlchris 5 4,181 07-14-2009 06:47 AM
Last Post: chris57
  No sound from DTS-MKV movies..analog output greyed out siam 9 16,380 07-10-2009 09:11 AM
  HDMI output stopped working. Help! blerk87 3 4,113 07-02-2009 08:48 PM
Last Post: raouldehart
  no video hdmi --> dvi MagicTempest 2 2,670 06-30-2009 10:53 PM
Last Post: MagicTempest
  Can't rewind MKV video files... lorissimo 14 11,488 06-30-2009 08:02 AM
  Change keymap of a usb-keyboard janpopan 0 1,262 06-27-2009 01:14 AM
Last Post: janpopan
  Audio, but no Video (but the info screen shows up!) jhaltom 5 2,624 06-25-2009 07:51 AM
  HDMI audio and RCA A/V output ? studur 8 5,309 06-18-2009 06:44 PM
Last Post: Gibbo
  Help No Video!! brewerdude 6 2,862 06-18-2009 08:54 AM