Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[NMJ v2] The Final Solution to ALL NMJ BUGS - .NFO's
01-18-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: The Final Solution to ALL NMJ BUGS - .NFO's
(01-18-2012 07:38 AM)bigkid Wrote:  
(01-17-2012 10:24 PM)Original-One Wrote:  ...snip....The problem is, that jukebox finds almost everything, but alot of times, does not want to download the "poster". It says something like that "failed to update 2 of 3 files" and then i get only the description and not the pictures. Can i add manually pictures (in windows) ??

thanks

Hi Original-One. Yes you can add pictures manually with a program such as this:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=56594

Just follow the install instructions, putting the .exe in a folder that does not require Admin rights (such as the C:\ root directory), open and locate your media.db file in the NMJ_database folder - usually it will be where your media files are located. Click on the movie/TV series which is a problem and then drag the image of your choice from any windows folder onto the spaces provided in the left panel of the screen.

Alternatively you can create .nfo files manually for the problem movies if there are a small number. Just open Notepad, copy the IMDB URL for the movie and paste it into Notepad. Save the file as the exact name of the movie and change the file extension from .txt to .nfo.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Allan

Hello, thank you for the answer. I managed to edit data and pictures through this toolbox, but i have problems with the posters. They dont show. Everything else works fine.

Any suggestions?

Im using a-300

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2012, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2012 04:35 AM by bigkid.)
Not sure as I haven't had this problem, Original-One. I suggest you post a query in the thread:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=56594

I am sure that Rom will respond. He is very helpful. You might want to include more information about your setup, location of media files etc.

Regards,

Allan

Panasonic TH-50PX70A screen, Sony BDP-S5000es Blu-Ray, PCH A300 NMT, Qnap TS-639Pro, Elektra 24/192kHz DAC, Musical Fidelity A5 for mains, Denon AVR-3808 for everything else, Duntech Sapphire Mains, Onyx Centre, Pearl Rears. Sub? Made it myself! Adire Shiva 12in, 54 litre enclosure, Redgum Amp.
01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone had the problem I'm experiencing. When I'm in the NMJ Wall I notice that a fair few of my movies are missing. I have entered them as per IMDB list but still can't get them to show

If I'm in normal list mode then I can see all of them but I can't went in the Jukebox mode.

I've also experienced all the issues that have been mentioned in this thread regarding incorrect covers, using links (not working) and such. I have found the cool app called NMJToolbox2 and should be able to correct any mistakes but that will take time. But the movies that don't show up in the Jukebox don't show up on the database file so I can't edit them or make them show on my wall.

I think if I add Disk1 or the likes to the end of the folder names then they will show (empty) info and cover. appear in the database and I can then edit them but that's rather a pain and I don't like the idea of having to rename the folder like this so I can then hack the covers and info.

My movies are all stored on an internal hard drive on a PCH A300.

This is my first popcorn hour, orignaly I used the Tvix systems.

This was one of the reasons why I decided to try the Popcorn hour and to find it can't even list all my movies is a rather poor show considering that this was one of it's main features.
01-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Hi iiyama02,

It's interesting to see how I went through what you are going through and the same exact frustrations.

What you may be experiencing may be caused by NMJ not picking up the correct name of the movie which is why I ended up using TheRenamer to get the correct movie names AND creating .nfo files. Even if you create the files though there are some cases where due to the NMJ cache it will still not work 100% but you will get closer.

What I found was that when NMJ didn't get the correct naming it would put a bunch of movies that it thought were the same into show episodes of the first movie.

Within NMJToolbox2 you can sort via movies and also by some other field which shows all of the episodes, look for any episodes that have the same show title and that will tell you where the movies are being hidden.

Create .nfo files for those movies and then you will be there.

On the other hand, if you want something that works really well, I highly advocate this route as it's saved my sanity:

1) Use the Renamer to rename and create .nfo files
2) Use Ember to manage your movies, tv shows and art. (There are specific settings you'll need to use for YAMJ)
3) Use YAMJ instead of NMJ for the Jukebox
4) Use Tomy as a YAMJ frontend
5) Use the Eversion skin for fun and to more easily see your collection and errors (it's really worth it)

By NOT fixing the Jukebox naming issues mentioned in this thread previously and the cache issues which together cause the lost movie issues the makers of Popcorn Hour have essentially advocated you use 3rd party software. I think NMJ is like the Apple TV was for Apple, a hobby rather than a business. Their core value is that they deliver a great movie player, just not great Jukebox software.

Rob
[+] 1 user says Thank You to robwired for this post
01-24-2012, 10:48 PM
(01-24-2012 06:55 PM)iiyama02 Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone had the problem I'm experiencing. When I'm in the NMJ Wall I notice that a fair few of my movies are missing. I have entered them as per IMDB list but still can't get them to show

If I'm in normal list mode then I can see all of them but I can't went in the Jukebox mode.

I've also experienced all the issues that have been mentioned in this thread regarding incorrect covers, using links (not working) and such. I have found the cool app called NMJToolbox2 and should be able to correct any mistakes but that will take time. But the movies that don't show up in the Jukebox don't show up on the database file so I can't edit them or make them show on my wall.

I think if I add Disk1 or the likes to the end of the folder names then they will show (empty) info and cover. appear in the database and I can then edit them but that's rather a pain and I don't like the idea of having to rename the folder like this so I can then hack the covers and info.

My movies are all stored on an internal hard drive on a PCH A300.

This is my first popcorn hour, orignaly I used the Tvix systems.

This was one of the reasons why I decided to try the Popcorn hour and to find it can't even list all my movies is a rather poor show considering that this was one of it's main features.

did you look in tv shows. especialy if they are 2 disk movies. I had that same problem with 2 disk movies
01-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks for your comments Rob, I think that I will most likely drop NMJ for the Jukebox and look into YAMJ as per your recommendation. It seems like the wise choice and in the long run i expect it will be the more updated product.

Once I get my head around it im sure it will be the better product and have the most features.

I did have a few simple questions if you didn't mind, just to get my head around it a little.

I assume that the NMJ Jukebox would stay disabled and when the popcorn hour box is first booted the player will be in a plain list mode.

I would then have to launch YAMJ from the apps section to start the YAMJ interface and if I exit then I would revert back to plain old popcorn list mode?

I think that you have to store the YAMJ database from a linked computer or a NAS? I have a Synology NAS so guess I would have to use that, I can't store the database on an internal Popcorn Hour Hard Drive or maybe a USB key plugged into the PCH?

I had a look at Renamer and it seems like a nice app. But all of my videos are stored as folder [video name] and then Vob files inside it.

I don't think Renamer works in this format or not from what I could tell when I gave it a little go last night. It should be usefull when doing some of my tv or downloaded files so I will get some use out of it.

I maybe write a little script to create a dummy avi file inside each folder unless you know that it can work with vob files?

Anyway thanks for your help/recommendations.

Regarding mjsgem comment I looked inside the tv shows section but only found one item and I had many more missing.

Thanks.
01-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Using the built in YAMJ on new C300, renamed movies to simple names, then created the .nfo for each using the IMDB URL for it. My only problem I have is for the 3D movies. A normal movie would be movie.mkv, well to trip the 3D function of popcorn it must be named movie.3DSBS.mkv, I create the nfo name with 3DSBS in it also, but they won't show up with covers or movie info. Anybody have a suggestion?
01-31-2012, 03:24 AM
NM, thought both folders were added by default, did a scan on 3d folder and they even show a nice little 3D tag on movie icons and trip the tv to SBS settings when playing one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [NMJ v2] 4 different bugs.. divine 2 336 10-21-2013 03:34 AM
Last Post: webservices
  [NMJ v2] Findings, Bugs nando4569 0 304 01-28-2013 08:21 AM
Last Post: nando4569
  [NMJ v2] Need information about music scanning bugs/problems. accident 2 924 10-21-2012 02:59 PM
Last Post: developer2
  [NMJ v1] NMJ + Series: What is your solution? Benoche 5 2,345 07-18-2011 12:45 PM
Last Post: Benoche
  [NMJ v1] If you have problems with shared drives - this might be a solution! Buffen 0 997 07-04-2011 05:57 PM
Last Post: Buffen
  [NMJ v1] NMJ fails to copy temp to final media.db (C200) GekkeTed 4 1,788 01-07-2011 02:46 PM
Last Post: congo181
  [NMJ v1] 2 new bugs with this new firmware with NMJ x0cHiPiLLi 10 2,954 12-07-2010 01:27 PM
Last Post: surfymark
  [NMJ v1] NMJ bugs out Retem 0 839 11-23-2010 09:54 PM
Last Post: Retem
  [NMJ v1] Insufficient Disk Space for NMJ on NAS (possible solution) walkerx 3 1,579 11-14-2010 02:28 PM
Last Post: michael1t
Information [NMJ v1] NMJ Bugs & Requests (Please add your NMJ Bugs and Requests here.) mediator 0 781 11-12-2010 02:43 PM
Last Post: mediator