Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: How satisfied are you as a 200 owner with the current f/w update cycle
I'm happy
I'm ambivalent (don't care)
I'm unhappy: Syabas - please respond!
[Show Results]

200 series support - your opinion.
01-20-2012, 06:08 PM
200 series support - your opinion.
Here's a chance to air your views about Syabases support of the x200 series, and in particular:

1) The inability to get the NMJ V1 working satisfactorally for all us users who have it and have invested in it regardless of other projects.
or 2) To give us V2 in a reasonable amount of time, based on a poll that was clear 3 months ago and on its presence on the 300 series.
and 3) To fail to communicate in any way at all what the sodding delay or timescale is.

Please keep replies to the subject.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users say Thank You to congo181 for this post
01-20-2012, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 06:49 PM by accident.)
RE: 200 series support - your opinion.
I have no problems with the support and the way it's being handled. I think it was up front how long the poll ws going to last and how it would not be a fast change of the firmware to the new sdk in order to run the new syabas framework. I also don't mind the current beta stopping because there's really no reason to delay things another month if it's all going to change anyhow.

I currently dont have any issues with how I use any of their platforms or the playback of my media files. I'm sure those who have an issue where they can't enjoy them will have a very different opinion.

EDITED TO ADD:

I am happy at what changes I do see coming out in the variety of other platform releases. The flash devs who can't really help with the other parts seem hard are work getting nmjv2 and the ui really stable so when it does port, it'll be a better experience then if it was rush ported.
01-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I have a foot in both camps. I am not that bothered about a new firmware as everything I play appears to work fine.

BUT....

I do have issues with framerate switching with blank screens (requiring a standby on and standby off to fix) after a movie has been played with a different framerate to the setup screen. I have had this issue since the firmware before the stepstone firmware last year. I really want this annoying bug fixing.

As to NMJ, I know it sounds mad being the NMJToolbox coder - I don't use the NMJ, I use Omertorn/Accidents YAMJ/Eversion combo so the jukebox is not important to me. However, the NMJv2 would certainly help me progress far quicker in developing NMJToolbox2 as I would then be able to do my own testing rather than inspecting a change in the DB to see if 'it should work' Smile

Panasonic TX-P55VT65, Sony BDP-S550, SkyHD, HDMI 4x2 Matrix, Synology 1511+ with DX510 25TB NAS, Denon AVR-X2000 receiver, Kef Q Series speakers QED cables.
C200, A300, A400 x 2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2012, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 06:50 PM by Dewdman42.)
Well I bought my A210 in another country where my only option for watching american TV was to download torrents. I didn't bother with a jukebox and I found the unit to be convenient for the torrent downloading, and as well the playback quality was superb. I can't compare any other boxes, but I never saw a glitch, hiccup or odd decoding artifact all year.

However recently I'm back in usa and now that I'm hooked on having a media player I wanted to setup a jukebox with a bunch of movies. However I do have to say, I have spent so many hours futzing around with NMJ, YAMJ, etc...and still its not working 100%....

I like the idea that if I name the files properly, the NMT itself should automatically find all the artwork and NFO's for me when i"M not using the box. NMJ's attempt at that was pretty bleak, at least half were wrong and the artwork was low quality. YAMJ is better, but its not automatic in the background and easy. Kind of a pain actually. But I could use that yam foe app to fine tune all the artwork, etc...and after many hours futzing around I did get everything correct and it looks great. But add new movies then I have to go futz around with the PC again to update the jukebox, something I really don't want to have to do.

If NMJv2 is better than v1 at getting everything right....or perhaps of being able to use NFO's and artwork that I have already gotten with something like yamfoe and only getting art work when there doesn't exist any, etc.. Then I would be quite happy. The NMJv1 GUi didn't super impress me either.

Boxee looks rather impressive in terms of how automatic it is at getting the jukebox working. We all know there are ups and downs. The playback quality of my NMT is awesome and I love the built in HD. But yea if they would support something like NMJv2 on the A210, with a guy experience that is closer to what we see with some of the more popular YAMJ's and get the scraping right like boxes, then please support it.
01-20-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm not bothered about the new Jukebox as I don't use NMJ anyway, but what really annoys me is the fact that there hasn't been a bugfix release in who knows how long, and it's hardly as if the list of bugs is magically diminishing.

I've posted in the other thread a big long list of bugs that are outstanding that affect me, and most of these are over a year old with no resolution. So it's a bit rich for Syabas to argue that the platform is stable and doesn't warrant any attention while they develop the 300 series.

I do think that getting the 300 interface on the 200 will likely help as it'll enable them to have a unified codebase and therefore fix bugs across both platforms in parallel but unless they start doing it sometime soon then Sigma will probably release a new chipset and they'll be running after this instead.

Thoughts on Syabas support? Share them here
01-20-2012, 07:13 PM
(01-20-2012 06:48 PM)plm Wrote:  I've posted in the other thread a big long list of bugs that are outstanding that affect me, and most of these are over a year old with no resolution. So it's a bit rich for Syabas to argue that the platform is stable and doesn't warrant any attention while they develop the 300 series.

I agree, you have some I can't use it fully bugs from your list so I understand where your coming from.

Maybe I read this wrong but didn't at one point werner post that sigma's change in sdk meant some fixes that sigma is working on won't be coming unless they upgrade the sdk? Of course upgrading hte sdk means no gaya and the new ui only but I think that's also because of an sdk change and gaya wouldnt' run on the new sdk.

Does anyone have more info or remember what i'm talking about better?
01-20-2012, 07:50 PM
(01-20-2012 07:13 PM)accident Wrote:  Maybe I read this wrong but didn't at one point werner post that sigma's change in sdk meant some fixes that sigma is working on won't be coming unless they upgrade the sdk? Of course upgrading hte sdk means no gaya and the new ui only but I think that's also because of an sdk change and gaya wouldnt' run on the new sdk.

That sounds kind of familiar. I've just done a search of werner's posts that reference sdk and I can't find that though.

The closest I found was this, which suggests that they aren't related:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...#pid511706

(10-06-2011 01:06 PM)werner Wrote:  that are different things the sdk has nothing todo with the ui.

01-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Poll is flawed.

Droves of satisfied owners DON'T comment or stick around the forum. Haters will blast them as fanboys.

You can put this same poll on another media player support site and you'll get the same results.

Heck you can even put paying taxes or having to work on a poll and you'll never get results that will force changes.

A200 connected to 32" Samsung UA32C5000
C200 connected to Denon 1610 AVR and 42" LG 42LH50YR
Encore ENHGS-500 5 port Gigabit switch.
01-21-2012, 08:33 AM
I have to say my c200 was pretty solid for the material I played in it so i was happy.
01-21-2012, 08:42 AM
(01-21-2012 08:31 AM)Dave_D Wrote:  Poll is flawed.

No, it's not flawed. Because this will turn up in Google search results and people researching media players will be able to find it.

So when they see that people are overwhelmingly unhappy with the device maybe they'll think twice before buying.

And that's what should make Syabas think about stepping up to the mark sooner rather than later and fixing this sodding device properly.

01-21-2012, 08:46 AM
(01-21-2012 08:42 AM)plm Wrote:  
(01-21-2012 08:31 AM)Dave_D Wrote:  Poll is flawed.

No, it's not flawed. Because this will turn up in Google search results and people researching media players will be able to find it.

So when they see that people are overwhelmingly unhappy with the device maybe they'll think twice before buying.

And that's what should make Syabas think about stepping up to the mark sooner rather than later and fixing this sodding device properly.

Still flawed most people only come to the forum to talk about problems they have had. So if they sold 1000 unites and 25 people had problems it would look at 25 complaints vs 975 happy complaints that never came to the forum.
01-21-2012, 08:53 AM
The problems are still problems. And they still aren't fixed. So, as the unit stands, I still can't use it properly, after 2 1/2 years.

And I'm clearly not alone.

Even Dave_D has said he's having to use workarounds (think external subs here as an example) to get around bugs that still aren't fixed.

01-21-2012, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2012 10:03 AM by hugho2.)
[/quote]
Still flawed most people only come to the forum to talk about problems they have had. So if they sold 1000 unites and 25 people had problems it would look at 25 complaints vs 975 happy complaints that never came to the forum.
[/quote]

I do agree. This is the same for every product reviewed by on internet by customers.
But there are some issues that concern everybody like slow network transfer speed (OK, it is unchangeable in x200 series) and couple other general issues.

What upsets me most is the lack of communication from Syabas side. Silence is the answer but the answer that is most easily misunderstood by others.

To end positively - 99% of time I have no problem to play my files be it music or video.
H.
01-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I never intended this poll to show anything other than the amount of bad feeling regarding the current lack of suport for what many users feel is a flawed piece of software, especially given that they are releasing f/w pdates for the C300 that make the front screen work pretilly! Heaven forbid that THAT didn't work well...

Because we have been asked to not post our frustrations off-topic, I thought I would create a topic where users could tell Syabas how they felt without being moderated.
Given the options, its clearly not designed to be statisically accurate.... It is afterall, simply a 3 option, heavily biased internet poll!

Now come on x200 users - tell Syabas how you feel in this, your own custom built soap box. And remember - keep it ON topic Angle
01-21-2012, 01:00 PM
The support was very good at the beginning, but it went worse with every quater of life and now it's like a hobbling horse Dodgy

C-200, A-410

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wireless keyboard support popcorn hour C-200 yvez 2 1,384 07-22-2013 02:31 PM
Last Post: yvez
  need support for c-200, router problems Deus 0 629 05-16-2013 10:11 PM
Last Post: Deus
  Common 200 Series problems and solutions. accident 46 21,877 05-10-2013 06:04 AM
Last Post: Willem53
  Future of 200 series wgstarks 8 1,065 03-13-2013 06:32 PM
Last Post: wgstarks
  Does c200 support ext4? wgstarks 0 556 01-07-2013 01:59 AM
Last Post: wgstarks
  C-200 support for MS ReFS file system? LoneWolf15 1 747 11-15-2012 02:52 AM
Last Post: accident
  TV Series Proper Naming procedures Corrie007 3 907 09-13-2012 01:32 PM
Last Post: Riessie
  C-200 Support issues StarbuckII 6 1,403 08-27-2012 06:21 AM
Last Post: StarbuckII
  Opinion about BD-5750H Palomu 0 658 01-19-2012 11:50 PM