Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NMT apps on USB problems
01-21-2012, 11:21 AM
NMT apps on USB problems
Hi guys,
I had some problems with CSI, so I figured I should reinstall the NMT apps to get it working. This didn't help, so I did a fresh install. That did NOT help, as the apps got installed but stopped loading. I got a message saying that I needed to set the NMT media destination, so I tried that - but the USB with the apps didn't show up! *aaargh* So, I formatted the USB in my computer, did the whole thing again but still nothing. Then, I tried setting the source USB (the one with the installation files) as Media destination, and then it started loading the apps. Removing this USB stick stopped the apps from running again.

Then I did a factory reset of the whole thing, removed the partition from the USB etc etc, did a fresh NMT app install with format and everything. Still nothing. The only USB I can select as my Media destination is the source USB stick. I've tried several USB sticks for the destination without luck.

So...I can apparently run the apps if I have the install USB stick in the player along with the app usb stick. The app stick doesn't show up in the list of usb devices and I cannot set it as the media destination.

Anyone got any good ideas on solving this? I'm on the RC1 firmware, and if I'm not mistaken I cannot downgrade to the latest stable. This used to work, but I guess I did the initial installation of the NMT app on the old firmware...

Jukebox Automator - Create all your jukeboxes automagically!

Hardware:
* C-200, 300GB HD, BD ROM coming
* A-110, 1TB ext HD (for testing)
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: NMT apps on USB problems
(On C200):
I have about the same problem.. change "media setup" from USB stick to a 2partions NTFS harddisk and NZBget will stop working!?

I installed the newest firmware over internet and did a "reset to factory settings" on my C200 and i bought a new USB stick of compitable Brand.
-I connectet the USB to the intern USB slot in the C200, and my NTFS harddisk with two partitions with old movies to a extern USB slot. I did a "Fresh Setup" on the USB stick in "NMT Setup Wizard.
i noticed the apps folder diddent became visible on the stick but asumed thats becaurse of the new firm and apps version? the download folders became visible.
-I then tryed connecting to Usenet NZBget app from IE on a pc but no connect. I knew the old NZBget could bug and not start and show if not correct setting in nzbget config so i installed the Newest NZBget from CSI installer (on the stick i asume?).
-I then tryed connecting to the new NZBget version from IE on a pc and it worked fine.
-I then tryed to change the "Media Setup" in the "NMT Setup Wizard" to 1 of the 2 partitions on the NTFS harddisk so The NZBget would pass the downloaded data to that drive, but then NZB get only shows as starting and i can no longer connect to NZBget from IE on a pc. I was told that would work does it??
-if i change the "Media setup" back to the USB stick again then NZBget starts and i can see it from IE again.

Thanks..
from Lars..
06-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Does it work with one partition NTFS HDD's?

Are you sure you have the same problem as the OP as he's running a beta firmware and does not mention a HDD etc. and does not mention having any stopped apps just problems selecting the Media Drive aka /share.

I'm not saying this is the cause but make sure that you only have one NMT Apps installation as this can cause problems.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
06-17-2012, 02:33 PM
(06-17-2012 02:15 PM)chris57 Wrote:  Does it work with one partition NTFS HDD's?

Are you sure you have the same problem as the OP as he's running a beta firmware and does not mention a HDD etc. and does not mention having any stopped apps just problems selecting the Media Drive aka /share.

I'm not saying this is the cause but make sure that you only have one NMT Apps installation as this can cause problems.

Hi Chris..
No maybe its not exactly the same problem as tiwas`s.. I see the apps folder on the memory stick but pretty shure that it only came after i used CSI to install the latest NZBget. i see the 2 partitions from the NTFS HDD.. they showe as 2 harddisks in menu for acces on c200 and in the menu for "Media destination" and after had tryed each NTFS partition as media destination the download folders appered and no apps folder at any time offcourse. I diddent do a app install on the NTFS and the the old EXT3 is not in use so it shouldent konflikt with two apps installs. I havent tryed a NTFS with 1 partition but yes i can try and format the old EXT3 HDD to NTFS for trying as media destination and turn back with the answer..

Thanks...
From Lars..

C200

PopCornHour C-200
06-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi Again Chris..
No it dosent work whit another 1partition formatted NTFS eigther.
-i only have the apps stick in and when i plug the NTFS in and go to select media destination both USB HDD and stick i shown by the USB HDD´s name but with each the right sizes 2TB and 11GB and if i choose the USB HDD(NTFS) as media destinattion and restart c200 the NZBget is now shown as stopped(where before starting and working) and if i push start it is shown as starting but i then cant see it in IE on ://pch-c200:9999/NZBget_web/ after changing the media destination away from stick.

-If i look at the c200 media drives from win network after i changed the media destination to USB HDD NTFS it shows 3 media drives 1:share 2:usb_hdd_ntfs and 3: usb_drive_1(usb stick)witch have changed name to usb_drive_b-3

-Tryed to do a "fresh Setup" of the stick and stick only one connected and the name shown in that menu of the stick is now USB_DRIVE_B. it just goes to bluescreen menu update apps and says no new apps and after pushing through the NZBget from CSI installer is still there and it dosent seme that the stick has bin reinstalled.

Any ideas of how to make NZBget work on changed media destination? :-

Thanks..
From Lars..

PopCornHour C-200
06-18-2012, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2012 01:12 AM by lars.s.dk.)
NZBget dosent work whit NTFS.. dont really see the point of the media destinaton menu. New or old NZBget.

APPS: -to- DOWNLOAD DESTINATION:
EXT3Memorystick+standart NZBget -to- NTFS HDD = FAIL
EXT3Memorystick+CSI latest NZBget -to- NTFS HDD = FAIL
EXT3HDD+standart NZBget -to- NTFS MEMSTICK = FAIL
EXT3HDD+standart NZBget -to- EXT3 MEMSTICK = SUCCES

proove me wrong!. New firm or whatever did it?. Or does sombody ever had it working?

Greets..
From Lars..

PopCornHour C-200

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  3TB External Drives--Anyone else having problems? Matthew 21 7,264 03-18-2014 11:07 PM
Last Post: Boba Fett
  Two problems with my "new" A210 the_od 8 379 03-12-2014 02:07 PM
Last Post: the_od
  Install NMT Apps to USB Stick DzigiBau 3 510 02-28-2014 08:07 PM
Last Post: dvonk
  A-210 dead - possible electric problems wigyori 1 353 02-27-2014 06:36 AM
Last Post: Willem53
  Getting a 3TB internal drive to work with NMT Apps morfanaion 7 3,519 12-29-2013 03:18 PM
Last Post: morfanaion
  Multiple problems, may be a common cause esqobar 13 846 11-19-2013 10:00 PM
Last Post: esqobar
  NMT Apps and PCH-C200 Firmware Don't Match Nix 2 1,664 10-07-2013 11:03 AM
Last Post: Thibet
  Apps not installing taimar 1 574 08-22-2013 09:24 PM
Last Post: taimar
  NMT apps update: source not valid joost81 0 520 08-19-2013 07:38 PM
Last Post: joost81
  Problem with Apps Market trax020 2 770 08-14-2013 11:07 PM
Last Post: trax020