Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[YAMJ] TV Show Set Posters when only 1 Season
01-24-2012, 07:10 AM
TV Show Set Posters when only 1 Season
Hi,

I've been working on TV Shows and I'm down to just a handful that are causing problems. Without the community's help I wouldn't be down to the end. When I get all done I plan to write a really nice guide and put it on the forums for all newcomers but for now I'm still stuck on two issues. One is here and one I'll post separately.

1. I used TheRenamer to get the correct names.
2. I used Ember with the CORRECT settings to download the art and set the correct name for the art files.
3. I ran YAMJ with and without the Eversion skin to create the Jukebox.

For 98% of my TV Shows they are displaying perfect!!!

The issue is that a few of the shows only have one season that I've downloaded. When this happens instead of seeing the set poster art on the wall I'm presented with the season 1 poster which sometimes doesn't look that nice. I'd prefer that the season poster always appear.

I've tried manually adding the Set Poster art into the folder and also into the season folder without success. (For every other show there were images provided for the Jukebox to grab for the Poster so I took images that Ember generated and renamed them appropriately so that YAMJ would pick them up. It didn't work.)

These file names, folder structures and image types work for ALL other shows that I have more than one season of am I doing something wrong or is this just how YAMJ is designed?

Just for fun I renamed the images and manually placed them in the Jukebox to see if it would work. It does, but then they don't have the Eversion tilting effect and of course I don't want to have to manually copy over images after each Jukebox run!

Rob
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: TV Show Set Posters when only 1 Season
change the min set count from 3 to 1 (in the properties wiki)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2012, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 11:34 AM by robwired.)
Hi,

I'm using TOMY. Is this something I can do from within Tomy?

Rob

Hi,

I found the mjb.sets.minSetCount value within the YAMJ wiki. Thanks for making a wiki by the way. I plan to fully and thoroughly read it. I wasn't even aware that it existed. Maybe asking the forums here to link to it would be a good thing. Since they are hosting your site would they do this?

Anyway, so I found the value, but since I'm using Tomy to create the Jukebox I can't seem to figure out how to take the next step. Within Tomy I can go to View, Jukebox properties from the menu and the parameters appear but they are not editable.

If I edit the file in my YAMJ directory that doesn't do anything because I think TOMY creates a new one or does something to the YAMJ install.

Rob
01-24-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure how TOMY does things, but changing that property will reduce the number of members of a set that are needed before the set is used in the index.

01-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi,

Actually I figured it out. It appeared that the properties text file was different than what was listed in Tomy but in fact it was simply truncated and the view was different from within Tomy.

I added the line from the Wiki, re-ran the Jukebox and it worked fine.

All of my Wall Covers are now the Show rather than seasons!!!

However, now there are 4 Black Holes, 2 of which where there used to be covers because of the bug I mentioned previously where if you have a filename that contains a dash YAMJ doesn't scrape the Set Poster nor will YAMJ accept your set poster. Actually, if you look in the Jukebox you'll see that YAMJ has treated the dash in a funny way, in addition to not providing the Set poster art. Each of the following are missing the Set Poster but YAMJ DOES create the banner, fanart and xml files!

Penn & Teller- Bullshit becomes Set_Penn & Teller$3A Bullshit!_1.banner.jpg
Spartacus- Gods of the Arena becomes Set_Spartacus$3A Gods of the Arena_1.banner.jpg
Star Trek- Deep Space Nine becomes Set_Star Trek$3A Deep Space Nine_1.banner.jpg
Terminator- The Sarah Connor Chronicles becomes Set_Terminator$3A The Sarah Connor Chronicles_1.banner.jpg

BTW, I feel honored to be reporting this to you. Somehow don't feel worthy... (I'm bowing)

Yours,

Rob
01-24-2012, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 12:22 PM by Omertron.)
The "-" character does have a special meaning in YAMJ, it's used for the title of tv shows.

We do some encoding of the filename for posters, sets, etc, to remove potentially problematic characters from the output.

What you are seeing with the shows, is the encoded name that is scraped from TheTVDb as $3A equates to ":" as the title on TheTVDb is "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena"

It has already been logged as an issue by someone (might even have been you) and we will get around to it, I appreciate it's an irritation. I know it works on my setup, because I have the Spartacus series, so not sure what is different here.
You can try naming the set artwork as is saved in the Jukebox folder.
I think there's also an issue created that asks that the TVShow title from the NFO be honoured when creating the set artwork (similar to how Set titles are named). So that needs some work as well.

01-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the explanation. Now I can go to sleep knowing that I'm not crazy. At first I couldn't believe that I found this because I would have thought it would have been brought up to you a while ago.

Yes, I was the one that added the issue to the log, a few hours ago.

If you have a workaround in the meantime for how I name the files please let me know. I wanted to finish with this project and surprise my gf that it was all done Wink

Rob
02-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem with banners now instead of posters Sad

YAMJ is displaying TV Show Season Banners in place of the main TV Show Banners for some TV shows.

Here is what I've ruled out and some thoughts.

1) It's not the filenames. I have them all based on theRenamer and YAMJ is working perfectly fine with the filenames I have otherwise.

2) It seems that this happens sometimes when I only have one season of a show just like it did with posters.

3) I am using the mjb.sets.minSetCount=1 in the properties config as you taught me and that is working for the posters. Is there a similar config I need to do for the banners?

I know that the config is working for posters because I see that those are correct and also because I'm using another config of mjb.sets.specialsAtEnd=true to put my specials at the end.

What is happening is that YAMJ is selecting the first banner for whichever season I have for the tv show banner. I know this is the case because I have for example created a share with Battlestar Galactica specials and with Season 4 and it's using the tv show banner for the specials since that comes first. S00E01 comes before S04E01.

Is this something I can configure within the properties or am I doing something wrong?

I've been relying on YAMJ to download the TV Show Banners since Ember doesn't support banners but if this is a bug then I guess I can manually put the banners in for the ones that are coming up wrong.

Rob
02-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Name the set banner like you do for fanart but with banner instead of fanart in the filename

Set_Battlestar Galactica (2003)_1.banner.jpg

02-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi,

I did this last night for the ones that were not getting picked up by YAMJ correctly and it does work, for all except the ones that are affected when the dash is in the filename, similar to the problem with the show posters.

I know I can manually copy over the files to the Jukebox but I'd like to know if it's another YAMJ bug or something I'm doing wrong.

Curious, will you be including the "poster with dash in filename" fix in the next YAMJ release?

Rob
02-05-2012, 12:47 AM
What issue is it?

I ckosed two today to do with strange characters in file names

02-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Hi,

That's really great!!!

I'll download the update and test it to ensure it works right away.

Regarding this other issue that I described in this thread that you gave the workaround for, is this a bug that I should enter into the bug report program or something that can be fixed in the properties file?

Rob
02-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Which particular issue was that?

02-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi,

I guess you missed it Wink

I'm having a similar problem with banners now instead of posters

YAMJ is displaying TV Show Season Banners in place of the main TV Show Banners for some TV shows.

1) It's not the filenames. I have them all based on theRenamer and YAMJ is working perfectly fine with the filenames I have otherwise.

2) It seems that this happens sometimes when I only have one season of a show just like it did with posters.

3) I am using the mjb.sets.minSetCount=1 in the properties config as you taught me and that is working for the posters. Is there a similar config I need to do for the banners?

I know that the config is working for posters because I see that those are correct and also because I'm using another config of mjb.sets.specialsAtEnd=true to put my specials at the end.

What is happening is that YAMJ is selecting the first banner for whichever season I have for the tv show banner. I know this is the case because I have for example created a share with Battlestar Galactica specials and with Season 4 and it's using the tv show banner for the specials since that comes first. S00E01 comes before S04E01.

Is this something I can configure within the properties or am I doing something wrong?

I've been relying on YAMJ to download the TV Show Banners since Ember doesn't support banners but if this is a bug I'll continue to put them in manually.

Rob
02-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Same problem here Build 2924

Magoo

(02-06-2012 10:09 AM)robwired Wrote:  Hi,

I guess you missed it Wink

I'm having a similar problem with banners now instead of posters

I've been relying on YAMJ to download the TV Show Banners since Ember doesn't support banners but if this is a bug I'll continue to put them in manually.

Rob

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [YAMJ] Set posters/thumbs regenerated on every run (r3876) idbirch 0 217 02-20-2014 02:24 PM
Last Post: idbirch
  [YAMJ] Help with TV show order slothrop 1 396 12-31-2013 06:04 PM
Last Post: Omertron
  How to make YAMJ stop playback when an episode ends and not loop the whole season ? agabrean 5 613 12-12-2013 08:01 PM
  Deleting non-first episode of tv show does not cause xml to update Freakeao 0 695 10-17-2013 05:18 PM
Last Post: Freakeao
  TV-Show image and nfo questions Tsunamijhoe 5 1,095 10-16-2013 09:04 AM
  Custom Posters badbones 8 1,150 09-22-2013 07:58 AM
  [YAMJ] eversion, wrong TV show file name eytzni 6 1,025 09-13-2013 12:50 PM
Last Post: eytzni
  TV show 'aired' date format mabies 2 846 09-12-2013 03:51 PM
  TV Show episode NFO file moserroger 14 1,715 09-12-2013 11:06 AM
  No cover art for Criminal Minds Season One after running yamj mark22 4 929 08-28-2013 06:52 PM
Last Post: mark22