Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[YAMJ] Changing Index Name for Eversion?
01-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Changing Index Name for Eversion?
In YAMJ > moviejukebox.properties file I have the follwing lines:

mjb.indexFile=eindex.htm
mjb.detailsDirName=eJukebox
mjb.sets.minSetCount=1
mjb.skin.dir=./skins/eversion

YAMJ is putting the files in the correct directory (eJukebox) but it is not naming the index correctly. It is overwriting my index.htm file which I need for my A-100. What do I have wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2012, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2012 12:16 AM by accident.)
RE: Changing Index Name for Eversion?
Quote:YAMJ > moviejukebox.properties

yamj has an order of what properties file overrides what properties file. you'll find the index filename in the skin.properties file (which every skin has there). so you'll want to add at least that 1 setting to a skin-user.properties and save it in the same folder (the eversion folder)
btw:

if your on a non-html player (popbox, 300s) and have no 200s. you could use Jukebox/index.htm to hide the file inside the jukebox.. those units index.htm is never used.
01-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Thanks Accident.

So is it correct that......

skin-user.properties > skin.properties > moviejukebox.properties ?

Are these all files that are also important to Eversion?
01-25-2012, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2012 01:22 AM by accident.)
yamj goes:
overlay.properties->*skin-user.properties->skin.properties->*moviejukebox.properties->moviejukebox-default.properties

Eversion is more complicated because in theory you can run any combination of skins and settings on all different players.

ev: *macaddress.xml->*esettings.xml->esettings-default.xml
eskin: *macaddress.xml->*settings.xml->settings-default.xml

ev languages: *users language file setting->en.xml
eskin language: *users lanuage file setting->skinners language default in their code (usually en.xml)

macaddress.xml is not hte real name, you would name this with the macaddress of your actual hardware player you want different settings for. this allows you to have your settings file with the overall defaults, but then you can do things liek the bedroom with a smaller screen needs less titles on the wall, and only the kitchen needs overscan.. etc etc..

note:
the ones with * are the ones that no skin or yamj update should have included which is why you can safely update your install.

all in ones might be the exception to this note, but as they all say, they are to help you quick install, not upgrade.
01-25-2012, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2012 01:33 AM by blackcows.)
Thanks again, it is a bit overwhelming. I am just starting to really understand the HTML skins and now trying to understand Eversion is a bit confusing.

Something that my help me understand a bit more is this question (also may confuse me more Smile )....is Eversion going to always be a part of a YAMJ update, in otherwords do I update YAMJ and then Eversion or is Eversion now considered a part of YAMJ?
(01-25-2012 01:22 AM)accident Wrote:  Eversion is more complicated because in theory you can run any combination of skins and settings on all different players.

ev: *macaddress.xml->*esettings.xml->esettings-default.xml
eskin: *macaddress.xml->*settings.xml->settings-default.xml

I would assume that when you get to this point eskin settings > eversion settings?
01-25-2012, 02:35 AM
(01-25-2012 01:29 AM)blackcows Wrote:  Something that my help me understand a bit more is this question (also may confuse me more Smile )....is Eversion going to always be a part of a YAMJ update, in otherwords do I update YAMJ and then Eversion or is Eversion now considered a part of YAMJ?

the short answer is no, like other non-default skins it updates separately. the first releases it was just a flash skin with a certain look. because eversion is an application itself that can be skinned, there is an additional step of the skins for eversion (named eskins so they wouldn't be confused with yamj skins).

Quote:I would assume that when you get to this point eskin settings > eversion settings?

no, they are separate. There is years of future plans already mapped out so there are some compromised for the sake of not wasting time on somethign that will be deleted and remade anyhow. i'm not thrilled with how complicated the settings are, it's anti-eversion but it's a compromise now for a better future tommorrow.
01-25-2012, 02:46 AM
Been playing around with Eversion tonight along with the EvZap eskin and I am begining to have a better understanding of how everything works. I have found the location of many of the settings and have played with those a bit. The one thing that I can't seem to change is the function of the home button. We have one A-200 and the remainder are A-100s so we are still very dependant on the home button to bring us to a fresh start. On the Eversion skin when I select Home it asks if I want to leave the application, how can I adjust this to take me back to the menu?

Thanks for all of your help tonight....it really is appreciated. My kids think I am really smart Wink
01-25-2012, 03:18 AM
(01-25-2012 02:46 AM)blackcows Wrote:  The one thing that I can't seem to change is the function of the home button. We have one A-200 and the remainder are A-100s so we are still very dependant on the home button to bring us to a fresh start. On the Eversion skin when I select Home it asks if I want to leave the application, how can I adjust this to take me back to the menu?

Don't use the yamj app to start it.. when you start it from the index file, home button works in eversion. It's a syabas thing, I hate it also. worst possible button they made for "exit"
[+] 1 user says Thank You to accident for this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  YAMJ/Eversion: Customer Groups/Categories Adam1v 3 544 04-04-2014 09:30 AM
Last Post: Bazrah
  [YAMJ] evZap/eversion Can't create Sets XML file for index Peterkocic 0 602 03-30-2014 11:06 AM
Last Post: Peterkocic
Game [FLASH SKIN] 2 Jukeboxes - Index.htm not launched by the PCH fa355115 40 1,687 03-27-2014 06:37 PM
Last Post: fa355115
  YAMJ (eversion+evhell) not seeing data say170 16 854 03-25-2014 10:52 AM
Last Post: Omertron
  Help with Eversion with Evzap Overlay rypm77 2 375 03-20-2014 03:13 AM
Last Post: rypm77
  [FLASH SKIN] eversion: can I add a menu item to switch the jukebox? randallspicher 0 336 03-12-2014 01:06 AM
Last Post: randallspicher
  [YAMJ] r3877 + Eversion + 0.7.67Mediainfo = NO AUDIO FLAGS??? wryker 25 1,660 03-08-2014 02:42 PM
Last Post: Tony3232
  [FLASH SKIN] yamj/oversight eversion skin jonny555 8 973 03-06-2014 10:16 PM
Last Post: wryker
  [YAMJ] r3877 + Eversion + 0.7.67Mediainfo = Inability for multiple movies w/same name wryker 4 900 03-02-2014 12:31 PM
Last Post: jluc2808
  [YAMJ] Multiple hard drive sources for media - single index file midknight_lightning 4 716 03-01-2014 01:28 PM
Last Post: midknight_lightning