Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ALL in 3 !! (TestCollection, TestJukebox, TestYAMJ/Eversion0160/evZap/Legion)
02-28-2012, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2012 01:56 PM by Legion455.)
ALL in 3 !! (TestCollection, TestJukebox, TestYAMJ/Eversion0160/evZap/Legion)
[03/06/2012] Added language selection and display for the eskins!
English, German, French, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, and Dutch !!!

DOWNLOAD - - > > Update for language selection if you already downloaded the TestJukebox 3 or 4 days ago.

Just un-rar to the TestJukebox folder., then run it!!!

====================================

Just unrar the TestJukebox, then run eskinDemonstrator.exe !!!!

[03/04/2012] Updated TestJukebox and YAMJ2962 for using evHell 4.0, AND displaying boxcovers for evHell. Also added eskinDemonstrator.exe file. Note: I've included the eskinDemonstrator.au3 file in case someone wants to do the program in a different language.

========================================

Since 2008, when I bought my first A-100, and began playing around with MLMJ, YAMJ, and collecting movies,... I've made alot of mistakes running "test configurations of MLMJ, YAMJ and various skins". ... which, one way or the other, made viewing my movies at night,... not enjoyable. (plus, not to mention that my wife gets extremely pissed when she can't watch her movies at night, because I screwed up the jukebox!!!) Sad

This year, to remedy this,... I made a separate folder on my hard drive, named it "TestCollection", then copied over 30-40 movies to it,.... for testing. This was a nice change cause now I can try different configurations, updates, skins and settings, without f**ckin up the main familys jukebox. Smile

TEST COLLECTION:

What I've done for you, is replace all of the movies avi files, .. with smaller 'trailers', yet named them as if they were the full movie. And you can download it here: (2+ gigs)

DOWNLOAD - - > >TEST MOVIE COLLECTION

Just un-rar the folder to the root director of a hard drive on your PC or NMT. There are about 38 'test' movies, a TV Series, and a few movie sets., plus a 3D movie. (Again, all made up of trailers, etc... just for testing)

Now, you have a set of movies that you can 'test' various skins and revisions of YAMJ and Eversion, before moving over to your real collection.

TEST JUKEBOX:

DOWNLOAD - - > > TEST JUKEBOX (evZap w/ legion,legion2 and legion4), terraNOVA, & evHell!!

Mirror DOWNLOAD - - > > TEST JUKEBOX (evZap w/ legion,legion2 and legion4), terraNOVA, & evHell!!

Just Un-Rar this file to the same hard drive! What I did was run YAMJ/Eversion/evZap/legion on the TestCollection. If you look in the TestJukebox folder on your PC, ...

eskinDemonstrator.exe file. Just Dbl-Click to display and run all the different eskins!!!! Your choices:

1. evstreamed - Click on this one to see what the default eversion-evstreamed skin looks like.

2. evZap w/ Zapitti Menu - Click on this one to see what the default evZap eskin looks like with the Zapitti Home Menu.

3. evZap w/ legion overlays - Click on this one to see what the evZap eskin looks like with my legion overlay.

4. evZap w/ legion (keepwall) - Click on this one to see what the evZap eskin looks like with my legion overlay (keepwall mod). This one does NOT clear the MovieWall when you go to a Movie Details page... hopefully making for faster manueverability. (note: memory hog,... might cause eversion to crash?)

5. evZap w/ legion2 - Click on this one to see what the evZap eskin looks like with my legion2 overlay.

6. evZap w/ legion2 (keepwall) - Click on this one to see what the evZap eskin looks like with my legion2 overlay (keepwall mod). This one does NOT clear the MovieWall when you go to a Movie Details page... hopefully making for faster manueverability. (note: memory hog,... might cause eversion to crash?)

7. evZap w/ legion4 - Click on this one to see what the evZap eskin looks like with my legion4 overlay.

8. terraNOVA - Click on this one to see what the default terraNOVA eskin looks like.

9. evHell w/ box covers - Click on this one to see what the default evHell 4.0 eskin looks like w/ box covers.

10. evZap w/ PeopleMod - Click on this one to see what the evZap eskin looks like with jean-luc's PeopleMod.

You can see what the various Eversion eskins are all about, without editing ANY files whatsoever!
(You only need to download this one file to see what Eversion and the skins look like. You can also edit alot of other settings on this jukebox and see the results, without re-running YAMJ)

TEST YAMJ-2962 with Eversion0160/evZap/legion/terraNOVA/evHell:
Preloaded & Configured

DOWNLOAD - - >> TEST YAMJ2962 /Eversion/evZap/legion/terraNOVA/evHell

Just Un-Rar this file to the same hard drive. It's the exact same setup I used to create the TestJukebox!!

Now, if you look in the TESTYAMJ 2962 folder, you'll see some cmd files:

1. useSKIN_eversion-evstreamed.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the default eversion evstreamed eskin.

2. useSKIN-evZap_Zapitti.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the evZap Zapitti eskin.

3. useSKIN-evZap_legion.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the evZap legion eskin.

4. useSKIN-evZap_legion_keepwall.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the evZap legion w/ keepwall eskin.

5. useSKIN-evZap_legion2.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the evZap legion2 eskin.

6. useSKIN-evZap_legion2_keepwall.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the evZap legion2 w/ keepwall eskin.

7. useSKIN-evZap_legion4.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the evZap legion4 eskin.

8. useSKIN-terraNOVA.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the terraNOVA eskin.

9. useSKIN-evHell_box_covers.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the evHell 4.0 w/ box covers eskin.

10. useSKIN-evHell_clean.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the evHell 4.0 w/ clean covers eskin.

6. useSKIN-evZap_PeopleMod.cmd - Dbl-Click on this one to setup YAMJ to use the evZap PeopleMod eskin.

So there you have it. Use these as you see fit. At least, with a little study, you should be able to make your own YAMJ configurations. Setup different eversion-skins like terraNOVA, evHell to try.

Have fun and enjoy your movies!!!

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
Eversion, evZap, w/ My Overlays Part#1,Part#2,Part#3,Part#4 Cast/Crew Filmography
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users say Thank You to Legion455 for this post
02-28-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: ALL in 3 !! (TestCollection, TestJukebox, TestYAMJ/Eversion0160/evZap/Legion)
Thank you Smile Now lets talk about over-reactions Wink

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2012, 08:50 PM
RE: ALL in 3 !! (TestCollection, TestJukebox, TestYAMJ/Eversion0160/evZap/Legion)
I'll be sellin INSTALL DVDs on ePay by the end of the week!!!!! Big Grin

(02-28-2012 08:29 PM)Omertron Wrote:  Thank you Smile Now lets talk about over-reactions Wink

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
Eversion, evZap, w/ My Overlays Part#1,Part#2,Part#3,Part#4 Cast/Crew Filmography
02-29-2012, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 01:24 AM by Legion455.)
In the YAMJ2963 Test download, someone noticed that there was an extra set of *.eskin files in the evZap folder,..... to correct, just MOVE those files to the evZap/Code folder,.... overwrite all.

or you can re-download the YAMJ files. in my first post. Sorry bout that,.

'Fatfingers' Allen
=========================

by the way guys,.. after you''ve had a chance to check out the skins, and setups I've done, LMK your 'likes', 'dislikes' especially about the skins, and we can work on making them better.

For me, .. and for what I see alot of guys doing with skins, IMHO,..... is putting "Way too much" unnecessary info in the Movie Details section.

When we have people over,... extra crap in the details page, seem to confuse them, all they want is to see the plot,... the actors,... rating, and is in HD or not... .. so, for me,,, some of the codec stuff is way overkill.
I'd almost like to see a skin where one would have to press a "secret" button on the remote, 'search' etc ... to go to the page with all of the techie stuff on it. Less, is more ... sometimes .... my 2 centavos.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
02-29-2012, 01:53 AM
I hope you're giving refunds to all those epayers Big Grin

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
02-29-2012, 02:32 AM
no SOUP for you!!!! Smile

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
02-29-2012, 03:02 AM
This is incredibly useful for nuggets like me who like to tinker, without the capacity for not screwing everything up each time I do!

Much time saved!!
02-29-2012, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 05:27 AM by Legion455.)
Key Steps to getting the most out of this.

1. Download the TestJukebox to a folder on your PCs Hard Drive.
Dbl_Click on the Start legionX.cmd files to run the jukebox (no Collection needed to just run the jukebox and check out the skins)

Remember, unlike the HTML jukeboxes, where anytime you made a change, you needed to re-run YAMJ ... now you don't! It's Dynamic (to a point)
So go in a change a few things .. ie , edit the settings.xml file in the evZap folder of the jukebox.

[NOTE: if you make changes in the test jukebox... in order to make those changes permanent,... you need to remember to COPY the evZAP folder from the TestJukebox over to the evZap folder of your TestYAMJ !! ]

2. Download the TestCollection and unrar to the root folder of the same hard drive.

3. Download the TestYAMJ to the same hard drive ... Edit the MY_YAMJ.cmd file and change the output folder to something different from the TestJukebox... ie, change it to,.... say "FamilyJukebox"

Re-run YAMJ (Dbl-Click on My_YAMJ.cmd) this time the jukebox will get made to your FamilyJukebox folder.

When done, run it on your PC, check everything out...

Next step ... copy the FamilyJukebox and the TestCollection over to the Hard Drive on your Popcorn Hour...

NOTE: Even if your final plans do NOT call for having a HD in your NMT,...
ie, maybe you have your Movie Collection on a Network Share,... etc ...
REGARDLESS, .. for NOW .... find a spare hard drive, install it in your Popcorn..... map it's Drive over to your PC ... say X:

REMEMBER, you'll save yourself ALOT fo Grief by doing it this way .... BABY STEPS, ..... BABY STEPS is best!!!

Copy the FAMILYJUKEBOX and TESTYAMJ folders over to the root folder of your NMTs Hard Drive (X:\)

Now, you should be able to add the YAMJ app to your NMT, then Add your FAMILYJUKEBOX and start it!!! Plus it should run the test movies... just trailers, and samples,... but at least it should work.

Next Step,.... move the TestCollection over to the Network Share, etc... right next to your familys Movie Collection.... then see if you can run the TESTYAMJ and make a JUKEBOX calling out the new Network Share.

Make any final adjustments to the skin... and the way it displays,...
THEN you're ready for PRIME TIME.... move over to your FAMILYs Movie Collection and RUN YAMJ on it...

Rule of thumb, Change ONE THING at a TIME,.... then test.... once good, move on to next step.....

I can honestly tell you that I've wasted MORE time that you could possibly imagine, ... by thinking "I'm smart and can get this setup in one night" ... take your time,... and you'll have your Jukebox up and running in a week or so!!!

Enjoy your movies!

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
02-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Ok first idiot question. You say to run Start legionX.cmd to preview the skin on the pc, but when I do this I get a pop up saying I dont have a program associated with this.

Have I read this wrong?
02-29-2012, 02:13 PM
OK, I need you to answer a few questions in order to try and help.

1. Where did you download the program to?
2. What ver of Windows?
3, Do you have Flash installed?
If not, then go here and install:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I can't imagine any other reason for the error other than you don't have Flash installed,... so just download that and install,... hopefully this is all you 'll need.

hope this helps

(02-29-2012 07:25 AM)Nomadski Wrote:  Ok first idiot question. You say to run Start legionX.cmd to preview the skin on the pc, but when I do this I get a pop up saying I dont have a program associated with this.

Have I read this wrong?

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
02-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Allen,

Great work!

Will the above work fine with a C-200? I need to make any tweaks to get the AIO to work?

litfoo

Samsung UE32B7020, Yamaha RX-V3900 , SKY+ HD ,Popcorn Hour C-200, Qnap TS-410, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360, Wii, Bose Acoustimass 15, Logitech Harmony 1000 and RF Extender
02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
(02-29-2012 02:13 PM)Legion455 Wrote:  OK, I need you to answer a few questions in order to try and help.

2. What ver of Windows?

I can't imagine any other reason for the error other than you don't have Flash installed,... so just download that and install,... hopefully this is all you 'll need.

hope this helps

(02-29-2012 07:25 AM)Nomadski Wrote:  Ok first idiot question. You say to run Start legionX.cmd to preview the skin on the pc, but when I do this I get a pop up saying I dont have a program associated with this.

Have I read this wrong?

1. Where did you download the program to? My secondary internal hard drive on my pc.
2. What ver of Windows? Windows 7 64 bit
3, Do you have Flash installed? Yes

I reinstalled Flash, just to make sure there were no issues with the last install of it, but still no go. The dos box opens then I quickly get that message about no having a program associated with it.
02-29-2012, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 04:24 PM by Legion455.)
Should work just fine for you , although if you wait until later today,... I'll be uploading a NEW TESTJUKEBOX, that has all of the skins demoed for you to see and try.

And you can just copy the TESTJUKBOX folder over to the HD on your C200 to try them all out to see which one id faster, acceptable for you to use!!!

So, wait just a few hours, .. I'm adding evZAP-default, evHell-2 or 3 versions, terraNOVA-2 or 3 versions,... plus my overlays and even some faster versions as well,... so hang in ther til Supper (eastern USA tiime) and I should have it available for download!!

No tweaks should be needed other your My_library and My_YAMJ.xml files

(02-29-2012 02:34 PM)litfoo Wrote:  Allen,

Great work!

Will the above work fine with a C-200? I need to make any tweaks to get the AIO to work?

litfoo

@nomadski

Code:
@echo off
copy .\Jukebox\eversion\settings\esettings_evzap.xml   .\Jukebox\eversion\settings\esettings.xml
copy .\Jukebox\evZap\settings_legion.xml  .\Jukebox\evZap\settings.xml
.\Jukebox\eversion.swf

all the file does is copy 2 files, then run the flash. Sad

hmmmm, can you post the EXACT wording of the error? I also use Win 7 64/ ... weird. ...
anyway post exactly what the error text ism or do a screen capture of the error.
I'm probably doing something stupidly wrong in the cmd file
(maybe relabel to *.bat file????)
sorry you're having trouble!

(02-29-2012 04:07 PM)Nomadski Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 02:13 PM)Legion455 Wrote:  OK, I need you to answer a few questions in order to try and help.

2. What ver of Windows?

hope this helps

Have I read this wrong?

1. Where did you download the program to? My secondary internal hard drive on my pc.
2. What ver of Windows? Windows 7 64 bit
3, Do you have Flash installed? Yes

I reinstalled Flash, just to make sure there were no issues with the last install of it, but still no go. The dos box opens then I quickly get that message about no having a program associated with it.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
02-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Legion455

I found the issue after a little digging, swf files were not by default set to open in a browser. I went into Jukebox/eversion and right clicked player.swf and associated it with my browser and now the cmd files work.
02-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Excellent,... I've been using GoogleChrome now for 3 or 4 moths, so it must automatically associate swfs.

take care,. glad you got it. Stay tuned to later this evening, as I'll have a much better TESTJUKEBOX to download, with alot more skins to try out

(02-29-2012 04:39 PM)Nomadski Wrote:  Legion455

I found the issue after a little digging, swf files were not by default set to open in a browser. I went into Jukebox/eversion and right clicked player.swf and associated it with my browser and now the cmd files work.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [FLASH SKIN] evZap! 1.2.1 (Updated: 29.04.12) safran64 747 157,387 03-21-2014 03:57 PM
Last Post: shengabpy
  [FLASH SKIN] Legion's Overlays and Mods for evZap! (02/27 update) Legion455 311 82,231 01-02-2014 10:18 PM
Last Post: grimmace92
  [FLASH SKIN] people MOD for evZap v1.2.1 jluc2808 49 9,522 04-30-2013 11:15 PM
Last Post: jluc2808