Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A300, ReadyNAS Duo and NMJ - Please Help - Before I Crazy!
04-17-2012, 11:24 AM
A300, ReadyNAS Duo and NMJ - Please Help - Before I Crazy!
I have just moved from the Netgear Digital Entertainer to a Popcorn Hour (after having heard such good things about PCH when the Entertainer was becoming EOL)

Initial setup was easy, the PCH found the 2 x Ready NAS Duo's that I have, and I was immediately able to play back Music, Photos and Videos. No Problems at all.

When I click on Info for a Video file 5 seconds later I get the synopsis, actors, front cover and fanart. Still No Problems.

When I save (download) the Info I can see that it saves the artwork and stuff to the same folder as the Video. However, the PCH does not 'see it' and when I go back to the movie I have to wait again whilst it downloads it fron the net.

I do a full scan which takes all night, I can see the folder is saved into the same folder as the video files, but when I click on the NMJ I get an "an error has occured", if I do a reboot of the PCH I do not get the error, but it asks me if I want to do a scan (again!).

Why is the PCH not seeing the files it has scanned, downloaded and saved to my ReadyNAS Duo.

I have fill Read/Write on the shares, all files play correctly, but I cannot use the the full feature of the NMJ.

I have scanned all over this forum and cant seem to get an answer to my problem. I have tried Samba, and I have tried NFS. The error occurs in both.

Please Help!

Details: PCH-A300, Netgear Dual Band Wireless N Router, Wired Connection, 2 x ReadyNAS Duo's with 2x2TB.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: A300, ReadyNAS Duo and NMJ - Please Help - Before I Crazy!
Change the video settings from auto to the best your TV can do
04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
OK???? You'll have to let me know how changing the video settings will ensure the PCH sees the data on the NAS.
I did as you suggested and it made no difference.
04-17-2012, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2012 09:55 PM by accident.)
I forgot to mention reboot after the video setting change.

I'm not sure if it will fix all your problems but "but when I click on the NMJ I get an "an error has occured"" happens when the pch thinks your resolution is not HD so it's the easiest place to start. Auto unfortunately doens't mean best, it's just a find anything that appears to work automatically.
04-18-2012, 11:30 AM
OK. Dummed it down from 1920 to 1080. Rebooted. No change.

Thumbnails do not show in the menu and when you click info it grabs the details from the net and not from the NAS. I can even see the files for fanart and data, but it does not display. There must be a simple reason why it is not grabbing the details from the NAS and I would love a fix.
04-18-2012, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 03:41 PM by accident.)
I'm not really sure what you mean by dumbed down from 1920 to 1080, this doesn't sound like your adjusting the video output settings and I have no clue where you would find these settings...

Also I am confused what your talking about with the artwork.. are you in the file browser and not hitting I to see them or are you in NMJ the jukebox software which doesn't show you things by filename or folder layout. I suspect your issue might be that your viewing your nas VIA upnp and that's not file browser.. also sounds liek you want nmj the jukebox software but not starting it.

This article by dbone should help you understand the different options in the unit: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/12/...00-review/ also the manual found at http://support.popcornhour.com/article.aspx?ID=1142

And if it's the NMJ jukebox software your looking to use I recommend posting for help on that specific in the NMJ forum. 90% of users don't read most of the forum so posting in the section you need help with is usually best. For example I don't use either of these except a quick test to try them out so I don't know all the little ins and outs
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks accident, those two articles did help, especially in the naming and folder structure.
I can now view/save/load the video details, picture and fanart from the NAS, but only when I view the videos through the Network Browser.

However, when I save a share,to make it easier for my family so that they can go straight to that folder, none of the details is shown and again we have to download the details from the net.

I have been able to create an NMJ (which i couldnt before) from the Network Browser, but when I go to it, it loads up and tells me there is "No Content". When I check the NMJ Manager it tells me that all the folders have been scanned (they have an "S" on them)

I honestly though that the PCH was meant to be easy, I really don't know what I am doing wrong.
04-26-2012, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2012 10:03 PM by accident.)
most people go settings->network share (the a300 might have some other button you need to press first to see network share option, I'm not in front of it to look).. then manually add the share.

I know the bug where it didn't always save in network browser used to happen but i'm not sure if they was fixed yet.. did you check for a firmware update lately?
04-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Okay. I'm starting to pull my hair out!!! I upgraded to the PCH from an EVA as I wanted my family to just be able to play our media without me having to .tag every item as I acquired it. The EVA worked flawlessly, everything displayed as long as I had tagged it.

The PCH advertises that you scan your drives, create a NMJ and away you go. Crap! Let the PCH do all the work for you. Double Crap!!

1. I can play my media on either of the two ReadyNAS that I have storing them in Network Browser/NFS Servers/IP/Folder, or Network Browser/Domain/Host/Folder

2. I can download the details of each media file when in the Network Browser and it saves it, it can then be viewed, no problems.

3. When I "Add Share" either from within the Network Browser or manually from the Setup it does so and I can view and play my media files - BUT - no artwork of info is displayed and has to be downloaded from the Internet every time (even though I have already done this (see 2.) I have tried Samba, NFS and NFS TCP. but it does not make a difference

4. I have been able to create an NMJ, from the Network Browser, I was able to select each of the folders that I wanted to scan via the NMJ Manager, afterward each folder once scanned has a folder icon with an S on it. There is a folder on the NAS "nmj_database" which contains 1 file "media" a folder "media" with subfolders "music", "photo" and "video" each of these folder has another folder "poster", "preview" and "thumbnail". BUT THERE ALL EMPTY!!! And as such when I go to the NMJ it says there is "No Content"

My NAS is Read/Write and fully accessible. My PCH has the current Firmware.
04-28-2012, 01:58 AM
UPDATE

Reboot and added shares manually now works. Don't know why a reboot of the PCH makes a difference, but it did.

Still unable to use the NMJ feature of the PCH (See previous post), as the database is empty and the NMJ states that there is "No Content".

Half way there, please, any help on why the NMJ?
04-28-2012, 02:24 AM
I recommend posting in the nmj forum with a new thread for nmj help.. most people don't look in the nas forum and everyone running nmj who might offer some help is there.
04-28-2012, 06:46 AM
will do

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  INTERNET CONNECTION ERROR A300 rshal 2 177 04-04-2014 07:30 PM
Last Post: rshal
  Popcorn Hour A300 Lagging on larger files Ryan233 6 1,537 02-20-2014 08:18 AM
Last Post: Willem53
Information A300 Connection error khoollio 1 475 02-05-2014 02:14 PM
  Can A300 stream to iPad? mediaminer 2 485 01-03-2014 08:04 AM
  Sharing a directory from Linux to A300 duduamar 8 702 12-21-2013 08:47 PM
Last Post: s463042
  A300 - How to reset NMT password? Emporio72 1 978 10-10-2013 04:54 PM
Last Post: chris57
  QNAP NAS, C200, A300, and NMJ gdok 5 7,037 09-22-2013 06:09 AM
Last Post: eozen81
  Mount A300 NFS on Ubuntu Kheo 2 905 09-03-2013 09:34 PM
Last Post: Kheo
  a300 buffer for network playback lilpele12 2 723 08-25-2013 07:08 AM
Question No CIFS/SMB Access to Windows 2012 from C200/A300 Ryzz 24 15,559 08-04-2013 02:09 AM
Last Post: jfkleven