Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[NMJ v1] [NMJ v2] Eversion for NMJ
04-18-2012, 04:05 AM
[NMJ v2] Eversion for NMJ
The Eversion Jukebox can be used with the NMJv1/v2 database without creating any XML/HTML's dynamically without compromising speed. Show your interests here, so that I'll release.

Sriram
C200/A400/RPi - Onkyo HT-S3400 - LG 47LV3730

oPKG Available Packages and Info:
400 Series - 200/300 Series - 100 Series
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
RE: [NMJ v2] Eversion for NMJ
I'm really interested if it's what I think you're saying it is... I have Eversion/YAMJ working perfectly (I use Ember to add NFO, poster & fanart) for all my movies & TV shows. So, are you saying that you can release a tool that will use my existing Eversion/YAMJ setup to build the NMJ (v2 in my case, have an A-300) db? Thanks.

I was about to fix my NMJ v2 issues via NMJToolBox2 or another user tool, but if I don't have to do that, it would save a lot of time. Basically, I force a local only scan with YAMJ as I have many custom NFOs (entries not in imdb or tvdb), which NMJ v2 misidentifies of course.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2012, 06:16 PM
no he means the other way around, use nmj to build everything and use eversion as skin to display it on the screen.
If you have ember files then you can already use it to build the nmj
04-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't really see the point in this, I think anyone using it likes the interface, the problem is the scanner and lordy was talking about making the oversight scanner write the nmj database.. I can see that being very popular
04-18-2012, 08:54 PM
i agree acc nmj scanner is the problem now if you said nmj ui and oversight
scanner
to be honest nmj would be a good jukebox with oversight backing it and less
time dependent

slickskin/tabskin/omj navi
04-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:If you have ember files then you can already use it to build the nmj
How would I do this? I already have NFO, poster & fanart files populated in my movie & TV show folders. NMJ v2 does pick the artwork up it seems, but ignores the NFOs. Problem is I have custom NFOs for TV shows & movies not in IMDb & TVDb. With YAMJ, I can force a local scan only. I was looking at the NFO-to-NMJ tool, but I'm reading NMJ v2 users reporting it doesn't work properly for them. So, other than individually fixing misidentified entries by NMJ v2 via NMJToolBox2 or NMJED3, I don't see a better, easier way.
04-19-2012, 11:32 PM
@vaidyasr:

I think adjusting your database writer to replace the nmj scanner including moving artwork around would be great for nmj. that's really where nmj goes wrong. then you get oversights scanning ability, post processing, quick adding of new downloads, better nfo support, more languages, etc in nmj.

if the side effect is eversion is also an option, it's a nice choice and 1 could run a whole series of nmj, everison and oversight for a house with multiple players.
04-20-2012, 08:58 AM
(04-19-2012 11:32 PM)accident Wrote:  I think adjusting your database writer to replace the nmj scanner including moving artwork around would be great for nmj.

I don't get what you are about to tell. Sad can you please describe?. moving artwork?

Sriram
C200/A400/RPi - Onkyo HT-S3400 - LG 47LV3730

oPKG Available Packages and Info:
400 Series - 200/300 Series - 100 Series
04-20-2012, 09:03 AM
(04-19-2012 03:05 PM)HD_NMT Wrote:  
Quote:If you have ember files then you can already use it to build the nmj
How would I do this? I already have NFO, poster & fanart files populated in my movie & TV show folders. NMJ v2 does pick the artwork up it seems, but ignores the NFOs. Problem is I have custom NFOs for TV shows & movies not in IMDb & TVDb. With YAMJ, I can force a local scan only. I was looking at the NFO-to-NMJ tool, but I'm reading NMJ v2 users reporting it doesn't work properly for them. So, other than individually fixing misidentified entries by NMJ v2 via NMJToolBox2 or NMJED3, I don't see a better, easier way.

were are your nfos located? if it has this structure

movie.mkv
movie.jpg
movie.fanart.jpg
movie.nfo

then it will take the content from the nfo file, it needs to be a nfo file with data inside, not just imdb link, easiest way is to look inot a nfo file created by the filebrowser on the nmt, so press Info Button on a mkv file and it should show you the Infos from our metadataserver, if you download them then you can look into it.
04-20-2012, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2012 07:39 PM by HD_NMT.)
Thanks for your reply werner. My structure for movies is exactly as you've noted, so something like...

The Matrix (1999) <- folder in 'Movies' share
- The Matrix (1999).nfo
- The Matrix (1999).jpg
- folder.jpg
- The Matrix (1999).fanart.jpg
- fanart.jpg

My Ember created NFO has data in it, including IMDb ID/#. Movies in IMDb or TV shows in TVDb aren't the issue anyway. The issue is custom movies and TV shows (not in those two sites). For those, I have IMDb ID/# and TVDb as simply '0' in their NFO's. For these, it seems NMJ v2 still tries to go out to those sites and identify, and ends up misidentifying. Is there a way to force a local scan only similar to YAMJ?
04-20-2012, 07:51 PM
are the files inside the folder? is that a bdmv structure? or single file?

if folder with bdmv or dvd inside then the files need to be outside of the folder.

did you try to remove the imdb and tvdb entry from the nfo file? are there any infos inside this nfo files?
04-20-2012, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2012 08:50 PM by HD_NMT.)
Yes, individual movie folders with files in it. Not BDMV, but single videos in MKV and ISO format.

Quote:did you try to remove the imdb and tvdb entry from the nfo file? are there any infos inside this nfo files?
For IMDb and TVDb entries, instead of something like <id>tt0133093</id>, I simply have <id>0</id> as it's a custom NFO for a movie that doesn't exist in IMDb. When I get home in a couple of hours, I'll post a custom NFO for one of my movies, and one for a custom TV show.

Re: Infos inside the custom nfo files, it's what Ember generates (plot, cast, director, runtime, etc.).
04-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Not sure how to attach my NFO's, so here are copy/pastes from a custom movie and a TV...
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>0</id>
  <title>Counting Crows: Live in Amsterdam</title>
  <sets>
    <set order="1">Counting Crows Concerts</set>
  </sets>
  <rating>7.5</rating>
  <genre>Concert / Music</genre>
  <outline>This set, as strange and beguiling as it is, is flawed and fitting testament to the Counting Crows' continued trudge out there on the margins of rock &amp; roll. They've never fit anywhere, and listening to this, it becomes obvious why.</outline>
  <fileinfo />
</movie>
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <title>Tom and Jerry Collection</title>
  <rating>7.5</rating>
  <mpaa>TV-G</mpaa>
  <plot>Collection of classic and more recent Tom and Jerry chases.</plot>
</tvshow>
04-21-2012, 04:30 AM
(04-20-2012 08:58 AM)vaidyasr Wrote:  
(04-19-2012 11:32 PM)accident Wrote:  I think adjusting your database writer to replace the nmj scanner including moving artwork around would be great for nmj.

I don't get what you are about to tell. Sad can you please describe?. moving artwork?

instead of making eversion work with nmj database, make oversight scan for nmj.. peopel would love that..
04-21-2012, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 01:25 PM by jonny555.)
(04-21-2012 04:30 AM)accident Wrote:  
(04-20-2012 08:58 AM)vaidyasr Wrote:  

instead of making eversion work with nmj database, make oversight scan for nmj.. peopel would love that..

+1 here for oversight scan for nmj i think we need nmj and oversight users see this post

slickskin/tabskin/omj navi

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
:) ;) :cool: :D
:P :rolleyes: :shy: :(
:lightbulb: :angry: :-/ (A)
:heart: :dodgy: :blush: :huh:
:my: :sleepy: :exclamation: :S
[get more]