Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Oversight -> Eversion - r2312 - direct - alpha testing - feedback
04-28-2012, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 04:39 PM by lordy.)
Oversight -> Eversion - r2312 - direct - alpha testing - feedback
(03-25-2012 06:48 PM)vaidyasr Wrote:  I have a basic high level idea to integrate Eversion with Oversight....
The oversight has to be edited to give the xml output when the URL oversight.cgi has been called,.. This may be faster, ...
The advantage would be no intermediate building of XML files. And the index is always updated one.

As per Vaidyasr's suggestion I've released an alpha version for feedback.

INSTALLATION

1.Install Oversight
2.if upgrading from Oversight 2006 or earlier, run a scan selecting 'All Media' (or delete index.db and run a scan)
3.Install Eversion

4.Then in Eversion edit the settings file (/share/Apps/eversion/eversion/settings/esettings-default.xml ) and set the yamjdatapath to one of the following in order of preference:

For r2312+ use this URL for faster image loading (more info here )
PHP Code:
<yamjdatapath>http://nmt.ip.address:9999/oversight/yamj/</yamjdatapath> 
If that doesnt work on r2312+ try
PHP Code:
<yamjdatapath>http://nmt.ip.address:9999/oversight/oversight.cgi?yamj/</yamjdatapath> 

Finally for earlier versions or troubleshooting, install r2312 if not try:
PHP Code:
<yamjdatapath>http://nmt.ip.address:8883/oversight/oversight.cgi?yamj/</yamjdatapath> 

5. Launch eversion to view in Eversion - /share/Apps/eversion/eversion.pcf
And/or
5. Launch normal Oversight to view in Oversight - WebServices->Oversight on NMT or
PHP Code:
http://nmt.ip.address:8883/oversight/oversight.cgi 
on PC

6. Optional:

There is a YAMJ app in the Market place that will install a nice icon to launch Eversion.
Alternatively, for no-icon link Run the following commands in Telnet session:
PHP Code:
cd /share/Apps/oversight
./install.sh NMT_INSTALL_WS "Eversion" "file:///share/Apps/Eversion/eversion.phf" 

You now have Eversion talking to Oversight via the built in web server on port 8883. (or 9999 for r2312+)

HISTORY

r2316:
- Changes for skinners only - BANNER_URL macro, template_name query parameter.

r2312
- Set watched flag correctly as season level
- Installs under apache for faster image loading to Eversion using URL Alias
(note the Eversion yamjdatapath must be changed as below to get faster images)

r2309
- Read YAMJ request from URL Path. Allows Apache to be configured to serve static content through Eversion 'yamjdatapath'
r2307
- fixes scans freezing I hope - more of a workaround.

r2305
- trimmed xml not used by Eversion
- larger send buffer for images

r2297
- Scrape posters if no season art
- Revert r2291 change that stops Oversight launching on TV.
- If using r2291 or later You will have to manually delete cache files from /oversight/cache/* or update timestamp of /oversight/index.db (next installer will do this)

r2291
- fixed double episode lookups
- top250
- people
- Added faster plot lookup for YAMJ xml (main cause of slow down cmp to oversight proper.)
- renamed 'By Age' to 'New'
- added XML cache - tied to index.db timestamp.
-- cache can be disabled by creating a file oversight/cache/.no.cache - as caching may cause incorrect display of nas detection)
-- cache files are in oversight/cache/*.cache

r2278:
-unpacking fix / sort by age / highlight 'propers and repacks' if duplicate episodes.
-- (if you dont see By Age menu along the bottom - remove all ovs_yamj_ settings from /oversight/conf/oversight.cfg so the default ones load )

r2276 - fixed ut8 library - better movie box sets - auto year menu
r2270 - tv banners
r2263 - fixed season posters

- If you want to test Oversight's Eversion compatability as it progresses edit your oversight/conf/oversight.cfg file and delete all lines starting ovs_yamj. This will ensure you pick up latest configuration from .oversight.cfg.defaults

- not all standard yamj/skin features are implemented - see - missing features list at the bottom of this post
- There are plenty of unfinshed bits - esp around Categories/Set names etc.

Note this is just a start, as Accident suggested a while back it would be sensible , to move towards a more efficient integration, with smaller modular datasets being passed between the applications, rather than the larger XML files whose primary purpose is to contain all possible data for static html generation.

Also skin makers can start thinking about interacting with a true dynamic backend - nas ping detection (b&w covers for offline content maybe),
delete files, arbitrary filtering/searching.

I've dropped the file details from any box sets present in the category views.

Also if there are multiple version of the same episode then the video source is appended to the episode title. (eg 'hdtv' 'web' 'bluray'). It does not appear if there is only a single version.

defect list
movie autoboxset order should be by year (then ttid or release date )
category names - currently using name extracted from XML file name - Hmm - which may look like weird characters (Oversight URL query 'language')?
watched - needs to be computed properly

enhancement list - quick wins based on current YAMJ xml but taking advantage of dynamic backend

future enhancements - things to do properly with a lightweight modular API (not the current xml files)

Oversight: Jukebox | FeedTime: Automatic nzbs
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users say Thank You to lordy for this post
04-28-2012, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 05:23 PM by darucla.)
RE: Oversight -> Eversion - direct - alpha testing - feedback
It is a bit slow at the moment, but it works.

And so simply.

And i am using EvZap as the skin, so may be quicker on other skins.

Much faster with evstreamed than evZap. Love that i can now filter by year, although apparently only for movies after 1950.

i going to assume that you know that cast and director/writer info is missing.

Film fan, not computer buff.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to darucla for this post
04-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks- I'll update the first post with :

a) missing list
b) enhancement list - quick wins based on current YAMJ xml but taking advantage of dynamic backend
c) future enhancements - things to do properly with a lightweight modular API (not the current xml files)

04-28-2012, 05:43 PM
tried also with evzap skin - i didn't succeed to load categories - circle for 10 minutes
tried with evstreamed - same

may i need to rerun a scan before using this version ? (i came from 2271)
04-28-2012, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 06:57 PM by lordy.)
@jluc2808 - in IE/FF open your yamj data path directly

PHP Code:
http://nmt.ip.address:8883/oversight/oversight.cgi?yamj/Categories.xml 

Does browser open XML ok? if not post/email XML file.

Should not need to rescan.

04-28-2012, 06:23 PM
(04-28-2012 05:49 PM)lordy Wrote:  @jluc2808 - in IE/FF open your yamj data path directly

http://nmt.ip.address:8883/oversight/ove...gories.xml
Does browser open XML ok? if not post/email XML file.

Should not need to rescan.

in ie the command display the xml contents
04-28-2012, 06:34 PM
lordy,

Just an fyi that jluc's library will probably have a lot of multibyte characters.. It's possible your encoding might be resulting in xml restricted characters. I haven't looked at it myself.

Flash also doesn't like running out of memory. It doesn't really signal or handle that well.. It's not a situation where you can fight other apps for your memory needs and you'll all be a little slower but all work.
04-28-2012, 06:40 PM
(04-28-2012 06:34 PM)accident Wrote:  lordy,

Just an fyi that jluc's library will probably have a lot of multibyte characters.. It's possible your encoding might be resulting in xml restricted characters. I haven't looked at it myself.

Flash also doesn't like running out of memory. It doesn't really signal or handle that well.. It's not a situation where you can fight other apps for your memory needs and you'll all be a little slower but all work.

@accident that's correct i have a lot of europeen caracter inside (what you tell multibyte)

i tried with FF and the error code is
"Aucune information de style ne semble associée à ce fichier XML. L'arbre du document est affiché ci-dessous".
No style info is associated with the xml file.
04-28-2012, 06:54 PM
@Jluc can you save the source of the browser page and send.

I'm also having some trouble with the utf8 library I'm using - I may need to get another one.

04-28-2012, 07:22 PM
There are one or two files which won't play under Eversion which will play in normal Oversight. Can't see any link yet. EG. I have a series boxset for Poirot, which only has three episodes in it, one in one season, two in another. Trying to access from the wall, it tells me that the top level is "Unsupported file format. Problem with file:null." This is actually the only one I've found so far.

Speed. It's difficult to compare exactly. Going to the home startpage, Eversion takes about 8 secs, which compares with Oversight going to the first wall. However, if I set Eversion to open on Others_All_1 it takes about 20 seconds to get there. After this point, navigation is a little slower on Eversion, but not by much. Incidentally, I'm using a version of Eversion (0.2.8.14/R0169) which is marked experimental, so that may have some impact, but I think it's basically the same as the R0167 plus patch. Incidentally, the weather works (at least in evZap), as does the trailers function.

this is all using my A200.

04-28-2012, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 07:34 PM by lordy.)
How long does it take in a browser going to

PHP Code:
http://nmt.ip.address:8883/oversight/oversight.cgi?yamj/Other_All_1.xml 

In the HTML comments you'll see

-- num1/num2 comment --

num1 is number of milliseconds spent by oversight processing data (nmt could be doing other things)
num2 is real-world elapsed time in seconds

Note I've just removed a slow network call in r2258. This might make a little different with NAS.
Testing now before uploading to CSI. (so CSI has the NMT100 install fix)

> Trying to access from the wall, it tells me that the top level is "Unsupported file format. Problem with file:null."

I've seen this in various places. It's due to the way I'm managing sets. I'll look into it.

04-28-2012, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 08:00 PM by MikeHunter.)
That's wonderful. I like this version.

Things i miss:
1. sort by file age (Eversion)
2. possibility to configure and rescan in Eversion
3. banners (in Eversion) for tv-shows
4. plots for episodes (Eversion)

I will test more tomorrow.

Great work.

C-200 @50'' Panasonic TH-50PX8EA
(BR, 2,5''HDD 500GB, LAN)
A-110 @42'' LG LED-TV
(3,5''HDD 1TB, LAN)
CH3SNAS 1TB+500GB, DNS-323 2x2TB,
ACER WHS H-340 1TB
!! VOTE FOR !! multiple switchable external subtitles (srt)
04-28-2012, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 08:57 PM by Atinkler.)
where do I change the eversion yamjpath?

-----

Found it
Lordy what's the chance of getting TV banners? I know they arent liked but they are needed otherwise TV on these skins don't work... and you know us oversighters Lordy we can't be doing with manual work ... we like it all done for us Wink
04-28-2012, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 09:02 PM by lordy.)
wherever you installed eversion/ eversion/settings/esettings-default.xml

e.g. /share/Apps/eversion/eversion/settings/esettings-default.xml
(04-28-2012 08:42 PM)Atinkler Wrote:  Lordy what's the chance of getting TV banners? I know they arent liked but they are needed otherwise TV on these skins don't work... and you know us oversighters Lordy we can't be doing with manual work ... we like it all done for us Wink

Yup, I have plans to pull those ugly banners Smile

[+] 1 user says Thank You to lordy for this post
04-28-2012, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 09:25 PM by darucla.)
Re; num1/num2, i can't find those in the output. Nor can the search function in firefox.

It took about 4 seconds to open.

I think the faulty Poirot episode is a faulty episode, IE, although the top level will open, and so will the next sub-level, one of the files is possibly corrupt. [edit]yes the problem goes away if I remove that file[/edit]

Re; TV shows, set the TV index to something like >list.summary.poster<, depending on what skin you are using. This can be found in the settings-default.xml. As ever with Eversion/Yamj, save a new file with just the changes you make called settings.xml. Using list or poster views gets around the banner problem by not requiring them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cant install Oversight on C-200 kschnei150 0 250 03-30-2014 11:12 AM
Last Post: kschnei150
  multiple copies of oversight.cgi running say170 1 512 03-18-2014 06:24 PM
Last Post: Sproglet
  eversion/oversight list view problem jonny555 0 451 03-02-2014 12:14 PM
Last Post: jonny555
Question Oversight 2380 stopped working after reboot Shadowtester 7 1,321 02-28-2014 01:51 PM
Last Post: guerilla
  Oversight Jukebox r571-stable lordy 1,537 512,590 02-28-2014 01:03 PM
Last Post: mvveelen
  Oversight scan engine for NMJ vaidyasr 12 1,369 02-22-2014 07:50 PM
  my oversight setting skin togo with slickII jonny555 2 668 02-12-2014 01:39 AM
  Eversion not displaying new Oversight Titles pmcd 0 481 12-30-2013 09:24 PM
Last Post: pmcd
  Pch-C300 and Oversight... Aursis 4 1,500 12-28-2013 02:16 PM
  can i set my A110 to immediately open to Oversight when i start it up ? tebbo66 2 880 12-27-2013 12:26 PM
Last Post: tebbo66