Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[NMJ v2] Can't create jukebox "2" NFS TCP/ NAS
06-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Can't create jukebox "2" NFS TCP/ NAS
Setup: C-300, 4 GB USB, LG BR Drive, 1 GB Wired, QNAP NAS TS-659 Pro II, 6 3TB raid 5, NFS/TCP shares rw, HDMI to Panasonic
58" V10 Plasma.

What I have done.

- Verified that the share is RW. Logged into the C-300 via telnet and created and deleted a file. What I can't do is delete a file or folder from the user interface. (So there is something wrong here). http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=60540 << no one from PCH responded to this one.

- Rebooted the unit
- Reset to factory defaults
- Deleted all traces of my C-200 MNJ Database
- Deleted all failed attempts to create a C-300 database.
- Deleted my YAMJ database.
- Switched to SAMBA shares from NFS (I am able to delete folders and files)
- Verify AGAIN the NFS has R/W permissions.

After I setup the folder options in NMJ Managers i to get an error of "An error has occurred. Do you wish to Retry?" If you look in the share the C-300 creates a bunch of files and folders but there is nothing in them.
the structure is :

Folder - Videonmj-database
Folder - media >> Folders - music photo video
File - media.db

If I go to my C-200 which is setup with he exact same config the database is created just fine.

Any help or suggestions would be great.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: Can't create jukebox "2" NFS TCP/ NAS
Hi Chris I got your same error and try to find a solution from long time ago without success. Few days ago I found an alternative and understand that with this version of firmware, the only workable way with a NFS share (the samba works but it is slow) is to allow the system to create the database on the PCH hard disk instead (if you don't have a internal HD on the PCH you can use an external USB key installed on the PCH). So I've changed the setting on my NAS removing the writing rights the the popcorn account and leaving only the reading rights. Then when created the jukebox, the database was created on my PCH internal HD. In this way everything has worked perfect!
Hope this can help.

bye
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mparibelli for this post
06-11-2012, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 07:59 PM by chris57.)
First what do you mean by no one from PCH responded to this?

Why would you expect anyone from PCH to reply? This is the NMT Owners forum and we do not have anyone from PCH who visits the forum apart from when they update our order forum.

We have Werner from Syabas who may read and comment on many threads but that does not mean that anyone has the right to expect him to be omnipresent and read and reply to every thread and post.
Remember this is a forum for us owners to help one another. It is not a customer service department for PCH. It is supposed to be a friendly place not one for complaining.
If you want help them please ask as you have now done in your own thread. Even the OP mentioned hijacking, in a joking way but the point was made, in the thread that you referred to which is now resolved thanks to keeping it on track and away from NFS and NAS talk.

More than happy to help any fellow owner but please do take on board that no one here is paid and you have no right to expect a reply.

mparbelli actually makes a good suggestion for you. If you make the NAS folder READ ONLY and not RW then the player will create the nmj_database folder at the location of the NMT Apps. So install them on the 4Gb USB if they are not there already and give that a try. It's actually the way I have done it on my setup using Samba and my Synology NAS.

I have done a Synology NAS WIKI guide which may be of some help although you use a QNAP:-
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/i..._NAS_setup

Unless some other QNAP owner has the NFS settings to check with you. On the Synology you have to make sure it has recursive permissions along with everything else. See WIKI for actual settings.

A lot of NAS devices do not let you create folders at the top Shared Folder level. So I have a Shared Folder called Multimedia.
\\Multimedia\Movies
\\Multimedia/Movies\HD
\\Multimedia/Movies\HD\MKV
\\Multimedia/Movies\HD\BDMV
\\Multimedia/Movies\SD
\\Multimedia/Movies\SD\AVI

\\Multimedia\Music
\\Multimedia\Photos

Otherwise the NMJ jukebox will attempt to create a jukebox at the top level and fail as only via the NAS UI can you create top level folders.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
06-12-2012, 04:54 AM
First I do not want to get into a debate on support from PCH and what this forum is about. It is not a open source community forum. DO NOT pretend that it is.

Support Suggestions for the last 3 months.....

1) I was told to do a factory reset! (Shocking)
2) Then I was told by support my NAS had the wrong permissions on the share. (NOT!) Being a former unix admin i went thru this with a fine tooth comb. Went thru is again with support. Permissions are set recursively thru the entire folder structure. I read your WIKI ( very complete )
3) Then was told I had cable problems. (NOT!) Check and recheck and enabled wireless and had the same problems.
4) Oh this was the best. the USB stick i had installed was not "officially supported"
5) unplug the BluRay player i had installed.
6) Go to the forum and "ask my question there". So one would gather they (PCH / Syabas) assumes this is a light extension of their support.
7) Why would there be a "BUG" section here is this is community forum only. Does Syabas not look at the forum to gauge customer complaints and issues with the product. (They do trust me)
8) New firmware will be available soon that will address many issue.

I love my C-200's and my 300. (why does it work on my c-200 and NOT the C-300) All this being said I just want the product to work as advertised. I am in the software development business i know there are bugs in s/w and h/w. But in my business when my customers point it out we either have to acknowledge that there is and issues and set expectation on a fix or LOSE the customer.

I thank mparbelli for his suggestions Cool
. I do not have an internal HD and don't want one. I also don't not want to have a USB stick sticking out of the front on the unit for my wife or kids to break off. NO I cant support one in the rear due to space. (or i need to find a really really small drive with descent r/w speeds) There is a reason why i have a NAS in the basement locked up. This is all contrary to the information handed down in this forum and by Syabas as well as their documentation on supported configurations. I will try it with the 4 GB USB drive I have installed internally for the NMT Apps to see if I can get the DB to be created on that drive. I will report back. This for me would be a work around and not address the real issue of the C-300 not being able to 1) create the NMJ on the NAS share. 2) not being able to delete and modify files on the share from the user interface using NFS.

THANK for the help mparbelli & Chris57
06-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Check your first post - 4Gb USB! So what is the crap about a USB stick sticking out you already have what you are being asked to do in your player!

Stop with your crap about Support/Forum. Either play the game and stop being difficult or go elsewhere!

CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
06-12-2012, 03:13 PM
My assumption was the internal USB was for NMT Apps and OS upgrades etc. Now that I know better (yes admitting user error here) I will wipe out the DB/s on the NAS and try and build one on the internal USB.

Playing the game....

hugs Chris57 hugs
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Thank you, hugs back Smile

06-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Sorry for not updating this thread sooner. (Yes i know I had plenty of time to bitch and moan about the issue) I have been traveling and there was daddy's day. So here is my update. Disabled r/w access to the NFS share and as mparibelli stated, the C-300 wrote the db to the internal USB stick. Seems to working real well now from a NMJ V2 side of the house. Have not had much time to play with it but now that it works I will start using it and compare it to YAMJ and make a informed decision on what s/w too use.

Issues still remain on the writing part of the NFS share.

Thanks for the help!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [NMJ v2] Is there a Limit to Jukebox? Kildren 9 782 04-11-2014 12:10 PM
Last Post: Willem53
  [NMJ v2] NMJ on A210: Failed to create database pmarcovi 18 1,738 03-17-2014 04:59 PM
Last Post: Willem53
  [NMJ v2] jukebox won't open all of sudden Cereall 1 322 02-07-2014 04:12 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  [NMJ v2] A400 - cannot create NMJ on SD card nobloodnoguts 10 2,167 02-05-2014 06:16 AM
Last Post: scottdca
  [NMJ v2] Create Movie Poster Display With Database listen2this1 0 391 01-15-2014 09:03 PM
Last Post: listen2this1
  [NMJ v2] A210 NMJv2 will only open in Jukebox Manager lunker 31 4,053 01-02-2014 06:07 PM
Last Post: rvdet
Information [NMJ v2] Big Yamj Jukebox to convert in NMJ hispanico 4 622 11-06-2013 05:17 PM
Last Post: Bazrah
  share network jukebox database? michaeljtaylor 4 555 10-30-2013 06:10 PM
Last Post: Bazrah
  [NMJ v2] Deleting Jukebox th14 2 632 09-29-2013 07:25 AM
Last Post: chris57
  [NMJ v2] "Rescan" (Red button) of a specific folder rescans all? Plus "To Jukebox" greyed out. alainplasschaert 10 1,485 09-26-2013 08:54 PM
Last Post: alainplasschaert