Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
MY LIL MOVIE JUKEBOX THREAD CLOSED v5 or v6b3
09-05-2008, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2009 05:25 PM by Legion455.)
MY LIL MOVIE JUKEBOX THREAD CLOSED v5 or v6b3
Hi All!

http://www.treasure-cove.net/moviejukebox.htm

Revision 5 is now up and ready for your use.

Works with Movie Collector version 5.6 or version 6 build3. (does NOT work for build 1 or 2)
(note, .. with ver 6 you are limited to the Collectorz database for Movie Info whereas ver 5.6 you can get data from a number of sources)
Also, on ver 6 you won't have the FunStuff sections, trivia, etc ..

1. All filenames are changed, so as not to interfere with previous versions.
2. Instead of editing and changing .xsl files, etc ... now, .. all of the variables are entered in the Export program itself.
3. All user variables are now saved in the registry which will prevent re-entering data when a new revision is released.
4. The Export program is very user friendly, which should allow even a novice to sucessfully export, view, select and play movies using My Lil Movie Jukbox.
5. You now can 'easily' change the exported genres/filters to match your tastes and viewing habits. 20 genres/filters can be setup.

WHICH Means you also can change the Genre Link names and Page Titles as well .... ie, .. to a different language!!!

6. Before, the index always included ALL MOVIES. Now, using "filter 100", you can "exclude" any movies that you do not want to appear in the main index..
7. My Lil Movie Jukebox can export and setup movies located in 5 separate locations in your system.
8. New variables now make it easy to change how many movie covers are displayed across each page, .. the size of the thumbnails, and how many thumbnails are displayed per page.
9. Actor / Director Bio pages with 400 entries.

By all means, check it out! I think you'll agree that this is the most advanced, yet easy to use, release yet!! You won't be diappointed!

Plus, now there's a TEST DRIVE you can run, so you can see what My Lil Movie Jukbox looks like, and how it works. Visit
http://www.treasure-cove.net/jukeboxtestdrive/index.htm

[Image: testdrivephoto.jpg]

PS.

Should you have questions, .. let's try and standardize on how we give our config, as it's hard to answer a question without all the info about your system.

Here's what we need:

1. Your PC's operating system:
2. Wired or Wireless connection to your PCH
3. MOdel number of PCH?
4. What firmware revision?? when did you last update your PCH?
5. WHat hard drive is installed, .. and how is it installed?
6. NAS installed? Model? NFS server running?
7. Before attempting to use "My Lil Movie Jukebox" software (and Movie Collector)are you able to browse manually with your remote and play all of your movies?

Windows (your PC) needs to be able to "see" your hard drive where your movies are stored, (ie, setup sharing and MAP DRIVE to a drive letter)
Linux (your PCH) needs to be able to "see" your hard drive where your movies are stored, (internal HD, USB HD, SMB share, NFS share, etc .)

8. ... if you're running rev 5 of the My Lil Movie Jukebox, ... then just edit the ML_Variables.txt file located in the template folder, .. copy all this info and post it over here.

If you want to do a test...

a. Make a new folder on either your C:\ or D:\ drive called "movietest"
b. Run the Movie Jukebox Setup program.
c. Run the MOvie Julebox Script program. When the program asks for the destination folder, .... key in "d:\movietest\" (without the quotes)
d. When it asks for the index filename ... key in "index" (without the quotes)
e. Click YES for everything else.

WHen finished , you should be able to DOuble-Click on the index.htm file which is inside the D:\movietest folder .... and see the Movie Jukebox at work!!!!!!

NOTE: you do NOT have to set the media location variables to do a test. The only thing that will happen if you don't set the variables file is you won't have the PLAY BUTTONS present in the individual movie details files. Everything else will work.

Also, keep YER MITTS OFF THE MOUSE when you run the export program, ... ie, let it do it's stuff, w/o touching your mouse.

Take Care
Allen

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
Eversion, evZap, w/ My Overlays Part#1,Part#2,Part#3,Part#4 Cast/Crew Filmography
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2008, 04:50 PM
RE: MY LIL MOVIE JUKEBOX (rev5) - no messy variable edits anymore!
hi!

Did anyone get this working on a Dvico Tvix 6500/7000 or does it simply won't work there ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !
09-05-2008, 05:36 PM
ähhh wrong forum heheh and no dvico cant support that because tehy dont have an browser like the nmt has but i know that there are projects also for the dvico device look to mpclub
09-05-2008, 05:55 PM
(09-05-2008 04:50 PM)TheForce Wrote:  hi!

Did anyone get this working on a Dvico Tvix 6500/7000 or does it simply won't work there ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Perhaps this is something for you:

http://www.tvixie.com/index.php?option=c...2&Itemid=3

or that

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=951350
09-05-2008, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2008 06:28 PM by AlexNC.)
(09-05-2008 04:02 PM)Legion455 Wrote:  By all means, check it out! I think you'll agree that this is the most advanced, yet easy to use, release yet!! You won't be diappointed!
Great to see you continuing to make this easier and easier to install for us novices. I am currently waiting for my A110 to arrive, and your app will be the first one I install. Keep up the good work. It's guys like you that made me purchase the PCH unit. I just wish they would include a app like this right out of the box.

Can I convince you to make a music jukebox too since the PCH devs seem to think it is not a needed feature? Pretty please =)
09-05-2008, 07:13 PM
(09-05-2008 04:02 PM)Legion455 Wrote:  Hi All!

http://www.treasure-cove.net/moviejukebox.htm

Revision 5 is now up and ready for your use.

1. All filenames are changed, so as not to interfere with previous versions.
2. Instead of editing and changing .xsl files, etc ... now, .. all of the variables are entered in the Export program itself.
3. All user variables are now saved in the registry which will prevent re-entering data when a new revision is released.
4. The Export program is very user friendly, which should allow even a novice to sucessfully export, view, select and play movies using My Lil Movie Jukbox.
5. You now can 'easily' change the exported genres/filters to match your tastes and viewing habits. 20 genres/filters can be setup.
6. Before, the index always included ALL MOVIES. Now, using "filter 100", you can "exclude" any movies that you do not want to appear in the main index..
7. My Lil Movie Jukebox can export and setup movies located in 5 separate locations in your system.
8. New variables now make it easy to change how many movie covers are displayed across each page, .. the size of the thumbnails, and how many thumbnails are displayed per page.
9. Actor / Director Bio pages with 400 entries.

By all means, check it out! I think you'll agree that this is the most advanced, yet easy to use, release yet!! You won't be diappointed!

take care
Allen

Thanks Allen... I just installed and started playing with revision 4 about 2 days ago and I was excited enough about that. I don't even have my A-110 yet, but I'm working on the database setup. Smile
09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm trying it out now. (using dutch version on MCC)
Does it take a long time for 15 movies?
I think it hangs, did start over 2 times after half an hour.
if i click on the icon (movie....exe) it says script pauzed.
and the screen i get is hanging on Initializing Variables.
Did i do anything wrong and were or is it because the duch version?

greetz and tnx far all your affordBig Grin

Now you just need a mediascanner insite and thz program roxTongue
09-05-2008, 07:51 PM
It won't work in dutch...you need your movie collector to be in english for it to work....switch the movie collector language to English....run the setup and exe file....then when its done...switch back to Dutch
09-05-2008, 08:00 PM
didn't know it was that easy to change the language.
know its running smoothlyBig Grin
09-05-2008, 10:42 PM
just sweet!! SmileTongue
09-05-2008, 10:44 PM
i made a couple of nice edits if anyones interested.

I added TVID="PGUP" and PGDN to the details page...so that if you hit Page Up on the remote while in a details page, it'll goto the previous movie listing....and Page Down will goto the Next movie (without going out to the index)

Basicly i just assigned the TVID to the "Next" and Previous links up the top of hte page.

The next thing i did is add a left arrow next to the word "Page" on the index, and a right arrow next to "Z" on the index...so that if you goto the arrow it'll jump you back to either the begining or end of the index list. So if say your sitting on the letter Z, but you wanna goto B, you don't have to cycle all the way left to B...you can simply goto the arrow and jump to 0-9

I'm also looking at it autoloading a letter once you put focus on the letter, i'm not sure how it'd perform with larger collections tho...
09-06-2008, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2008 03:34 PM by malinwa001.)
Still one question.
Export is working 100% but i can't get the Media Location Variables to workconfused

Path of Movies is
d:\Films
i'm using SMB to do the share.

PC ip = 192.168.2.252
NMT ip = 192.168.2.253

[Image: 2832490141_dcf1280524_o.png]

Did try several tweaks but no result.
Can any give me a solution were i get wrong?Blush
09-06-2008, 03:40 PM
smb? do you have a share name?!
09-06-2008, 03:50 PM
(09-06-2008 03:40 PM)RichardvW Wrote:  smb? do you have a share name?!
Where do i see that on the NMT?
09-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey I tried use this via my stream harddrive in my PC and couldn't get it to work or show up on my PCH as the index file. I followed the instructions. Could anybody help me, thanx
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information [MUSIC] Music Jukebox Release 8 Download and Installation wandidj 1,492 639,046 03-18-2014 10:19 PM
Last Post: yetiboy
  Plex client just stops and returns to jukebox page mendes9 3 604 02-17-2014 02:59 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  Music Jukebox for A300 rd48sec 1 616 02-06-2014 07:28 AM
Last Post: jluc2808
  Music Flow Jukebox 07-12-2011 michael1t 3 3,412 11-12-2013 03:05 PM
Last Post: michael1t
Music [MUSIC] MPD JukeBox (MPDJB) joblo10 384 330,500 11-04-2013 10:53 PM
Last Post: hindibuff
  Basic Jukebox for MP4 metadata sebpinski 0 1,291 08-22-2013 03:27 PM
Last Post: sebpinski
  Movie Flow for All Jukebox 03-21-2013 Updated michael1t 212 83,778 08-14-2013 03:16 PM
Last Post: michael1t
  MLMJ and Movie Collector 9 johnfromen6 7 2,720 06-19-2013 02:03 AM
Last Post: gsbaker
  music jukebox with ipad remote wesley2004 0 1,978 12-26-2012 12:31 AM
Last Post: wesley2004
  What is wrong? music jukebox config help jplinux3 15 5,173 07-23-2012 07:55 AM
Last Post: jluc2808