Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
Excal & Robinsj YMAJ Skin - WIP
09-13-2008, 01:14 AM
RE: Excal & Robinsj YMAJ Skin - WIP
they're not really for use...

this skin isn't really ready yet...we're still designing it and writing the code for it.
Find all posts by this user
09-13-2008, 01:28 AM
so how can I test it? I have been working on a details page that looks a lot like this but I really like the bar you have on the left. was hoping to add something like that to mine.
09-13-2008, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2008 01:34 AM by excal.)
well so far its just one html page....its not exported from anything.

We just created the html file from scratch basicly and we've been working on formating the page and getting everything in the right postion...

after that we're gonna work backwards and rearrange the xsl file so it outputs into that format.

The html file is a page or two back in the YAJB thread.

It works on my screen, but robins is saying it doesn't work correctly on his.

We've made a couple minor changes since then, but i think its basicly the same....but to be honest i forget because we made about 10,000 changes to it last night and the time line of things happening is a little tough to remember Smile
09-13-2008, 01:36 AM
Ok that makes sense. thats the way I've been making mine. I saw the html file just thought you guys had the whole thing working.
09-13-2008, 01:40 AM
oh ya? thats cool... you running into any problems? got a screen shot?
09-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Get one up when I'm on the pc that has all that stuff
09-13-2008, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2008 06:22 AM by robinsj.)
I am back.. testing that email now... brb to post results
Here's a screen of what i got..... placement wise...

[Image: IMG_7436.jpg]

here is what I have come up with, placement wise... and I don't have any of the transparency backgrounds turned on, and with borders turned off...

[Image: IMG_7438.jpg]
09-13-2008, 09:15 AM
This is what I have so far. I removed the play button all together. but I have been having trouble getting the color behind the text to work. how are you doing that? I've tried using the BGCOLOR="black-alpha" but it always seems to make it a weird color.

[Image: test.jpg]
09-13-2008, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2008 03:24 PM by excal.)
@robbins

That looks pretty excellent....great job man....what did you end up having to change?

The SS of mine, is basicly how it looked on my screen...except with text size and what not...but thats a CSS thing not a html formating....so thats good... it musta been something i changed after i sent you the previous version.

My only ?'s and comments are...

-are you thinking the play button in the left like shown? or smaller under the stars as i had it? (my big fear with it on the left is that it'd be difficult to navigate to if the coding for the posters above works out like i think).

-I'm still trying to make up my mind about the stars being aligned left...or right. I guess it depends where the play button is.

-theres a chance we might need the plot to be one row taller...it might auto do that if the text is added in...i'm not sure...we might wanna test that out.

-What are your thoughts on the potential table along the right side for box sets and tv series?

-lastly....can you email me back your version? I'll test it out on my tv to confirm its good on my end too, and i'll post a SS of the results.

great job man.

@rujelus22

black-alpha works perfect....but its gonna look weird on your PC screen...like a red basicly. Ignore that...it'll display properly on your tv.
@robins...

oh btw i asked freak if could help us out with the code to Zoom the center or "current" movie poster. But i also have done some premliminary research on how its done... I've been looking at two pages if you're interested.

The source code for this one.... (MSP plugin page)
http://www.mspportal.com/action/showserv...s=1280x720

and this one...
http://randsco.com/index.php/2005/01/31/...ption_zoom

alright, i'm probably gone till after like 5pm today.....i might pop in briefly once in awhile....but i'll check back later.
09-13-2008, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2008 05:37 PM by robinsj.)
Excal... you got mail..

No, i love where you had the play button, i am moving it now, and also love your graphic for the play button...

I think if the play button is aligned left, i think the stars should probably be also.. i will test and update a screenshot...

I did add some more text to the plot, and it did make the box go up instead of down, so that is good, i only added 2 more lines, i will probably add more just to see...

So there would be covers on the left, and what would be on the right side? More covers? Or what?

Did you decide to use black-alpha? instead of your transparentbackground.. I am gonna test with both, and see if I can tell a difference and if one looks better over the other..
Here's the new updated one....

[Image: IMG_7442.jpg]

I just hope the html works on your screen too.... there is lots of table rows, and table datas... and tables.. haha

I think we are getting somewhere though...

I actually almost have the xsl file down to, to make that template....
Oh yes, and i thought it would be good to say, I have tried it on two different tv's, and both with different boxes, the a100 and a110...
09-13-2008, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2008 06:03 PM by excal.)
Excellent....

-Ya off the top of my head i agree the play button should follow the stars...so if the stars are aligned left..the playbutton probably should be too. (it does look good on the right tho...as you have it in the newest SS)

-On the right side...I was thinking it'd be a exact mirror of that table we have going up the left side...it looks like if we cut the center/bottom table down so the stars are a little closer to the title it should work.

And i'm invisioning it for 2 things....either A. More movie covers for the other films in the "box set"....or text for episodes. Since we're gonna run into tv shows with say like 20 episodes...it'd probably be better to just have them stacked as text. I'm not sure what we'd use for episode images, or frankly where we'd even get them from. Plus without a movie-flow esque code i doubt we could fit a full season worth of images along the right side anyway.

I'm imagining this bar on the right is ONLY used on screen for either boxsets or tvshows....for anything else its just empty and invisible. (i know that creates a lot of potential coding work, but i think it would be a sweet feature if we get it working).

If we had to choose....meaning we can't get a table that works for cover images in box sets, AND text for episodes....then perhaps we use just text for links to movies in the box set too...

I can work up a example of what i'm talking about later today if its not making sense.

-I haven't gotten to mess with the black-alpha yet....i see theres 4 of them....i'm 100% cool with using them if you think they look good. I just haven't gotten around to looking at the 4 options yet myself.

-Remind me to send you the white version of that play button....so we can onfocussrc them....white when focus isn't on the button...and the inside arrow turns yellow when it is....its a pretty cool feature.

Thats awsome that the xsl is working out too...keep up the good work man, and lemme know if ya get stumped or need some help with some of the xsl.

OH and speaking of the xsl...i accidently closed the window..but i saw in the old YAJB (or the new one i forget)...that someone posted a set of files that used the 10ths of a point star system. Do a search inside the threads for it you should find it. If ya can't i'll look when i get home.

Gotta jet for now, but i'll be back around 5:30-6ish i think.
I just had another thought.....

If we don't wanna go with the bar along the right side for Episodes and box set entries.... Maybe underneath the 3 covers on the left...we can impliment that new pull down menu someone just posted in the YAJB thread the other day.

Pull down/drop down....you get the idea (i hope Tongue)
09-13-2008, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2008 06:41 PM by robinsj.)
real quick like, you already sent me both, it was just yellow cause it was selected...;-) there was nothing else onscreen for the remote to select...
I did look around for something on the 10th's point system for the stars... couldn't find nothing... I will have to look harder...
Good news.... Just finished the XSL file... works perfectly...

You are absolutely right about have the play buttons for episode content being on the side, because with the code as it stands now, it will basically shove all those episode play buttons where the one is now, and that would just a be a huge mess..... I am gonna have to mess with the code a little.....
Hmm... that absolute positioning may come in after all(biggest problem I was having with it was the transparent background), with looking at the code that I have..... Lets see if I can explain it...

with the code in the xsl file, it pretty much does a if else statement for multiple episode content, meaning, it checks for multiple files, if it sees multiple files, it does one thing... if it see's only one file then it does another....

Problem is, we want the transparent box to be hidden on the right side if there is no multiple episodes.... Well, that would be a whole different table, then where the single play button is going now, and I don't think in the code, you can have it direct it to a certain table...

So what I was thinking was, in the code where it does the if then statement, the code is basically run where that table is for the multiple episode content on the right in the xsl file, saying if there is multiple episodes blah blah blah, then i create this shaded box, and put multiple play buttons here, if there is only one file, then I don't do anything right here, and I use an absolute position and place the play button where we have it now - this way, the play button is no way in the table, it is just specified the exact pixels we want it at, which would be right where it is now....

man I hope that makes sense, i think i explained it... and if you can think of a different way... please do tell...

I am gonna start working on the movie covers on the left side - It's just previous movie and next movie right? Nothin in between the two of them?
09-13-2008, 06:43 PM
ya...thats kinda what i was thinking. Maybe the episodes just are clickable text along the vertical right bar....i haven't investigated it...but it might look cleaner just as text....OR if we could some how just have the playbutton follow the focus over there...so the play button only appears on which ever episode number you currently have selected.

Glad to hear the xsl is working properly. Alright i'm off to my test now...be back in a few hours....hopefully confident Smile

I'll search for that star system when i get back.
09-13-2008, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2008 10:13 PM by robinsj.)
I have been looking into the whole zoom thumbnail thing, and the one from the msp website looks like it actually uses multiple images... the other website you posted that uses a css zoom function, the pch doesn't recognize it, so that won't work...
i am trying to use the css table to resize the thumbnail cover and the left side... not having much success.... only way I can get it resized if I hardcode it in the html... wierd
09-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Annnnnnnnnnd i'm back!

alright....ya i figured the MSP is gonna be the way to go since it was designed specificaly for the PCH...so we know it'll definitly work Smile
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [FLASH SKIN] SD like skin available ? senortank 2 229 04-10-2014 08:15 PM
Last Post: senortank
  [FLASH SKIN] yamj/oversight eversion skin jonny555 8 980 03-06-2014 10:16 PM
Last Post: wryker
  Error Message- unable to load: Evstreamed: Error 0 in error.skin mark22 6 815 02-18-2014 03:24 PM
Last Post: mark22
  [HTML SKIN] Question about HTTP path for skin.options plutonick 2 647 02-16-2014 03:25 PM
Last Post: aliceten
  Autorun YAMJ and evHell Skin Ander 3 538 01-13-2014 04:00 PM
Last Post: Ander
  Auto load YAMJ (using Eversion skin) on PCH A-300 Woodgnome 60 20,600 01-05-2014 01:23 PM
Last Post: theisaagaard
  Selectively Remove Genre on the Left side of default skin? eugchen 5 439 12-29-2013 10:15 AM
Last Post: Omertron
  Skin and soundtrack mornon 2 317 12-08-2013 07:29 PM
Last Post: mornon
  [YAMJ] View settings for YAMJ & Aeon skin / enable List Mode? Temujin 7 4,202 12-06-2013 12:40 PM
Last Post: beetlejuice
Question [FLASH SKIN] YAMJ+Eversion (Aeon Skin) Tomas1981 17 6,857 12-04-2013 07:24 PM
Last Post: Omertron