Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
Last.fm on the Popcorn Hour!
10-29-2008, 05:00 PM
RE: Last.fm on the Popcorn Hour!
Hi Sammael, I've tested it for you, and both are OK! This is the one for loved track:

response=OK url=lastfm://user/coendeurloo/loved stationname=coendeurloo’s Loved Tracks discovery=false

and the one for playlist:

response=OK url=lastfm://user/coendeurloo/playlist stationname=Relax Music discovery=true

(my playlist is named "relax music" Wink)

Great work just got better, hope to see the improvement soon!

[Image: warningallok.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2008, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2008 05:33 PM by sammael.)
Great news. Smile I'll try to add it today. Did you find a way to select different playlist (for example using: lastfm://user/coendeurloo/playlist/playlist_name)? Is it possible (on last.fm website) to listen to someone other's playlist?
OK, I've added two new buttons (only visible for last.fm subscribers):
"User Loved Tracks"
and
"User Playlist"

Could you try them and tell me, if they're working?
10-29-2008, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2008 06:27 PM by coendeurloo.)
response=OK url=lastfm://user/coendeurloo/playlist/House stationname=House discovery=true Big Grin

I've just made a 'House' playlist and when I enter playlist/House in the URL it gives above reaction, so I guess it could work? I'll go check the links now. And yes, you can listen to other people's playlist but I think you'd need to be a subsriber too.

10-29-2008, 06:39 PM
daniel_owen_uk: As you see, I didn't stop developing my plugin after a win and obviously I'm not forcing anyone to pay me for it. Tongue
10-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Allright, the playlist and loved tracks work just fine on the popcorn, awesome job.

It chooses my latest playlist by default though, it would be nice to choose a playlist if that is possible.

Another great option would be to skip a track, but I guess it's impossible. Maybe you can do a workaround by reloading the station? Since it just plays in random sequence, it wouldn't matter if the station was reloaded or the track is skipped.

10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
I've an idea about skipping a track, but first I'll check on my PCH, if it is working... Wink

Try entering playlist name in the textfield, and then press User Playlist - I've changed it minutes ago. Limitation for now is that you can't choose other user's playlist.
10-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi Sammael, unfortunatly that won't work. When I enter "Relax Music" for instance, it will still play the "House" playlist.

10-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Ok, could you try to switch to Relax Music using manual method, that I was writing about before? Try using:
lastfm://user/coendeurloo/playlist/Relax+Music
lastfm://user/coendeurloo/playlist/Relax%20Music
lastfm://user/coendeurloo/playlist/Relax Music
and write, which of them (if any) will tune your playlist. I think there is a problem with space encoding. Could you also try other playlists from PCH, that have one-word name?

Also, I've added second identical stream to POD playlist, so you can use song skipping functionality. It's very simple - during playback press "Prev" or "Next" on your remote. :)
10-29-2008, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2008 09:57 PM by coendeurloo.)
None of them seem to return the right one, they turn out ok, but it says the station name is house:

response=OK url=lastfm://user/coendeurloo/playlist/Relax Music stationname=House discovery=true

When I browse to the playlist on the website last.fm itself it gives this url for "Relax Music":

http://www.last.fm/user/coendeurloo/libr...elax_music

and this one for "House":

http://www.last.fm/user/coendeurloo/libr...73w9_house

It seems it generates some random code in front of it. Great work on the next and prev button, not sure what the prev button will do though? Normally you can't listen to the previous track on Last.fm.

10-30-2008, 09:08 AM
P.S, you might want to add your plugin to this site: http://build.last.fm/ Wink

10-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Prev button will work in the same way as next button. Wink

Did you try to tune lastfm://user/coendeurloo/playlist/Relax_Music (with underscore)?
10-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Same results unfortunatly:

response=OK url=lastfm://user/coendeurloo/playlist/Relax_Music stationname=House discovery=true

10-30-2008, 08:48 PM
And the logo won't fade out anymore after the firmware update! I kinda liked it that way, oh well Smile

10-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Wow this works really really good Sammael. Thank for the good work ! I have tested and was very pleased with the result ! Before I never new what last.fm was, but now because you're plugin i discovered it. I is great.
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Any updates on the playlist function Sammael?

Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  does www.vreel.net work on popcourn hour a - 110? Skallgrim 0 2,475 12-13-2008 09:51 PM
Last Post: Skallgrim