Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
Last.fm on the Popcorn Hour!
05-18-2009, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2009 05:42 AM by sammael.)
RE: Last.fm on the Popcorn Hour!
I tried several times to fix my plugin, but I failed. It seems that in new method last.fm for each song generates an URL that contains token. Each token could be used once, so when song is downloaded it can't be downloaded again. The main problem is that PCH seems to generate two HTTP requests, when it tries to play an aod stream. The first download obsoletes the song and the second gets 403 error.

So, if we want to make last.fm work again on PCH, we need to fix internal player which is obviously out of my abilities...
Also last.fm is no more free of charge, so I've lost my motivation to develop the plugin. Sad

If someone wants to help developing last.fm plugin, I can share PHP source.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2009, 07:30 PM
(05-18-2009 05:39 AM)sammael Wrote:  I tried several times to fix my plugin, but I failed. It seems that in new method last.fm for each song generates an URL that contains token. Each token could be used once, so when song is downloaded it can't be downloaded again. The main problem is that PCH seems to generate two HTTP requests, when it tries to play an aod stream. The first download obsoletes the song and the second gets 403 error.

So, if we want to make last.fm work again on PCH, we need to fix internal player which is obviously out of my abilities...
Also last.fm is no more free of charge, so I've lost my motivation to develop the plugin. Sad

Maybe it is a good idea how they did it inside the squeezeboy. In one player what is not to be support now as much it do not work. Look arround in Squeezebox Forums for the developers that made SqueezePlay.
From a non Programmers point it will be not easy because the NMT Plaer is closed source. But maybe with a plugin for the MDP, what runs much better than the original player it will be possible.
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2009, 10:09 PM
(05-18-2009 05:39 AM)sammael Wrote:  I tried several times to fix my plugin, but I failed. It seems that in new method last.fm for each song generates an URL that contains token. Each token could be used once, so when song is downloaded it can't be downloaded again. The main problem is that PCH seems to generate two HTTP requests, when it tries to play an aod stream. The first download obsoletes the song and the second gets 403 error.

Ahhh i did not remember. The posting but it will be done soon. GWILLEM did set it at the todo list for his MPD. I think there work more people together on this Topic. MDPSCRIBBLE is the solution. I think soon it wil work together with the PCH. So in fact it will be a muchmore easy Usability than to use a Webservice. It just will run.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  does www.vreel.net work on popcourn hour a - 110? Skallgrim 0 2,476 12-13-2008 09:51 PM
Last Post: Skallgrim