Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
PCH not working with FreeNAS UPnP Server (Fuppes)
10-03-2008, 09:23 PM
PCH not working with FreeNAS UPnP Server (Fuppes)
Just got my A-110 last week. So far it seems to be having lots of trouble playing from my FreeNAS server. I'm currently using SMB. Music files are fine. But video is a problem - DVD iso, avi, and AVCHD files are all problems. A few times it has played OK, but by and large it studders and the sound drops out on AVCHD files. I also have a few avi files that play video and sound at different rates - so within a couple of seconds the video is several seconds ahead of the soundtrack.

I have a FreeNAS server that can support transfers over GigE of over 300Mbps. So I don't think this is a problem with throughput of FreeNAS.

I thought maybe using a UPnP server would help. So I turned on UPnP on FreeNAS - it uses fuppes (http://fuppes.ulrich-voelkel.de/) for the UPnP server. Checking the logs, the PCH does register as an endpoint with the UPnP server (everything looks good - no errors), but the PCH doesn't show me anything about having a UPnP connection - I can't see any of the folders I am sharing through UPnP. Given the lack of info through the PCH GUI, I have no idea where the problem is. Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem?

One thing I plan to do is try to find a free WinXP UPnP client to see if I can successfully connect to the FreeNAS UPnP server. Any suggestions on a good client?

Other than that, I don't know how to debug this. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
10-28-2008, 02:26 AM
RE: PCH not working with FreeNAS UPnP Server (Fuppes)
(10-03-2008 09:23 PM)mgcrose Wrote:  Just got my A-110 last week. So far it seems to be having lots of trouble playing from my FreeNAS server. I'm currently using SMB. Music files are fine. But video is a problem - DVD iso, avi, and AVCHD files are all problems. A few times it has played OK, but by and large it studders and the sound drops out on AVCHD files. I also have a few avi files that play video and sound at different rates - so within a couple of seconds the video is several seconds ahead of the soundtrack.

I have a FreeNAS server that can support transfers over GigE of over 300Mbps. So I don't think this is a problem with throughput of FreeNAS.

I thought maybe using a UPnP server would help. So I turned on UPnP on FreeNAS - it uses fuppes (http://fuppes.ulrich-voelkel.de/) for the UPnP server. Checking the logs, the PCH does register as an endpoint with the UPnP server (everything looks good - no errors), but the PCH doesn't show me anything about having a UPnP connection - I can't see any of the folders I am sharing through UPnP. Given the lack of info through the PCH GUI, I have no idea where the problem is. Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem?

One thing I plan to do is try to find a free WinXP UPnP client to see if I can successfully connect to the FreeNAS UPnP server. Any suggestions on a good client?

Other than that, I don't know how to debug this. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

I have the A100 and have a couple of FreeNAS servers. I have found that SMB/Samba/CIFS has issues streaming over the network. I have mine connected to NFS shares and I can stream HD over the network just fine. I am now working on UPnP and llink to see if either of these are fast enough to support it as well.

Thanks,
t2d
11-24-2008, 12:55 AM
(10-03-2008 09:23 PM)mgcrose Wrote:  Checking the logs, the PCH does register as an endpoint with the UPnP server (everything looks good - no errors), but the PCH doesn't show me anything about having a UPnP connection - I can't see any of the folders I am sharing through UPnP. Given the lack of info through the PCH GUI, I have no idea where the problem is. Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem?

I have a similar problem; I haven't tried Fuppes yet, but I've tried gmediaserver, mediatomb, and llink on a Buffalo Linkstation NAS. None of them have shown up on the PCH, although the logs of gmediaserver revealed that the PCH was connecting.

Have you had any luck getting UPnP working?
11-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Firewall? Router settings? Conflicting applications on the used ports?

llink has a 'manual announce', you could try to see if it makes any difference. From the conf file:
Code:
# Manually connect and declare ourselves? This should not be needed but
# for some situations it could be useful.
# For llink running on nmt, it ignores SSDP from own IP, so we alias a new
# IP, and force announcement to port 2020.
#ANNOUNCE|url=http://127.0.0.1:2020/myiBoxUPnP/description.xml|usn=llink_myiBoxUPnP_SyabasSTB_llink|freq=30

And you could always try to add the url:port to one of the custom web services on the NMT. I know it's not the solution but it might be a workaround.

Audio, video, disco - I hear, I see, I learn.
Wiki. Wiki? Wiki!
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Popcorn C-300 as UPNP renderer odysseus 1 1,330 02-10-2014 06:07 AM
Last Post: odysseus
  Workaround for flac playback under UPnP / DLNA gefst 0 1,461 09-15-2013 09:57 PM
Last Post: gefst
  Streaming from C-200 to LG HDTV via DLNA - uPNP TXPilot69 11 8,210 06-04-2013 03:40 PM
Last Post: miralda40
  a400 accepting tvheadend server lil8386 0 1,015 05-28-2013 12:38 PM
Last Post: lil8386
  uPnP Client issue with XBMC zigzag 0 1,670 03-20-2013 02:33 PM
Last Post: zigzag
  change mime types on default pch upnp server? AdamNJ 1 1,400 03-11-2013 07:32 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  [A-400] Does not see llink server tkenn1s 5 2,214 02-26-2013 05:14 PM
Last Post: Imdre
  llink UPNP won't stream krylon 3 1,918 02-14-2013 03:43 AM
Last Post: lundman
  How to het UPNP working on pch a210 Pierskw 3 2,892 01-11-2013 12:52 PM
Last Post: atticus
  Upnp server A200 + external HDD wizzy 0 1,569 11-12-2012 12:34 PM
Last Post: wizzy