Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kroozbox- Personal Video Database - PVD (or any DB) and Music Jukebox to Popcorn Hour
10-09-2008, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 01:33 PM by Nono.)
Kroozbox- Personal Video Database - PVD (or any DB) and Music Jukebox to Popcorn Hour
For those interrested,

I completed the first cycle of Kroozbox, a Java application that let you easily templatize (is that a word!?) SQL database to NMT frontend.
Support for:

* SSDP (UPNP)
* HTTP transport.
* Firbird DB
* MySQL
* Template for PVD as Video Jukebox
* Template for Music Jukebox
* Easy HTTP to SQL language integration
* (and...)

My goal was to have access to PVD (Personal Video Database) directly from the Popcorn without any export and remashing of the data (as I had to do using YAMJ). I decided to make the system completely open so you can make your template to have access to any database that you want.

Include in the package is driver for Firebird and MySQL and template for PVD access. I also include a small PVD file so it can be tested just by starting it (without config). Templates could be done for any database system that are SQL based (Music, Video, Yellow pages, etc).

Still missing is the documentation on advance configuration and template building (and probably some bugs).

For those who don't know PVD. it is a free video database utility like Collectorz and the like. Yo can get it at: http://www.videodb.info (highly recommended).

I just started a Kroozbox discussion at:
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1031.0

Can be download (updated to v 2.0 - 02 March 2009 - Link update 26/06/2012):
http://mediaplayersite.com/Kroozbox

Linux add-on:
http://mediaplayersite.com/node/140

[Image: kroozboxscreen1.th.jpg]

[Image: kroozboxscreen2.th.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2008, 12:03 AM
RE: Personal Video Database - PVD (or any DB) to Popcorn Hour
Sounds pretty interesting....my only question thus far is do you need to have the pc running at all times to access this database? Even if all your movies are on a internal hard drive?
10-10-2008, 12:11 AM
(10-10-2008 12:03 AM)excal Wrote:  Sounds pretty interesting....my only question thus far is do you need to have the pc running at all times to access this database? Even if all your movies are on a internal hard drive?

Yes.. I use it on my home server from my NMT that doesn't have any hard disk. It's a Database to HTML gateway, so in essence it does need a database to connect to (PC running).
Kroozbox does incorporates Firebird embedded drivers that doesn't need any external database to run (only the Firebird db file) but that's a speacial case for PVD.
10-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Link updated to version 1.1 in first post.
Seach capability in template and few bugs adjustment (language related).
10-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Link updated to version 1.1a in first post.
Few bug fixes and documentation added.
10-16-2008, 08:36 PM
nice one and nice for those with servers Smile

regards werner
10-16-2008, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2008 11:34 PM by hies1971.)
I'm also trying kroozbox, and it's looks very neat. Only problem, i don't get the program to work on my pch. When i'm on the menu were are all the dvd's are listed (I mean in the pch-menu)and want to start a movie, it buffers only a half sec. and than nothing happens. Can someone advise? or are there others with the same problem.

regards Hicham
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2008 08:00 PM by Nono.)
Update done to verison 1.2a (in original/first post).

* Media link UUEncoding issue with subtitles
* few template enhancements.
* ASX file wrapping to better stream to PC with issues with external association
* External mime type definition

Quote:I'm also trying kroozbox, and it's looks very neat. Only problem, i don't get the program to work on my pch. When i'm on the menu were are all the dvd's are listed (I mean in the pch-menu)and want to start a movie, it buffers only a half sec. and than nothing happens. Can someone advise? or are there others with the same problem.

Are you using it with PVD or your own template with another database or...? what database? infoinfo please! pch menu? you mean Kroozbox menu on the PCH/tv, right?

You could set the "debug" properties in kroozbox.properties to "true" and send me back the output at the time you select your movies.
You might want to try with version 1.2a.
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
i have to say i really like this app
PVD is free - which is always a bonus
kroozbox is a gift to set up, after trying a couple of other juke boxes i couldnt believe how simple this was to get up and running!
thanx man, good work

There is nothing to see here, move along.
11-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I like the idea of this, may take a look into it when I get a spare five minutes.
11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
(11-25-2008 01:24 PM)jokster Wrote:  i have to say i really like this app
PVD is free - which is always a bonus
kroozbox is a gift to set up, after trying a couple of other juke boxes i couldnt believe how simple this was to get up and running!
thanx man, good work

Thanks.

I have made some updates since the current online version.
Wasn't sure if anybody was using it so I didn't publish it (nice to have feedbacks). Here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/167372714/Kroozbox1.4.zip

Some changes on display, better handling of none latin characters, NT service support, code cleanup and....

Let me know.

Soon I will start to work on a "Windows Media Player" wrapper for Kroozbox (read "music jukebox"). With a generic plugins environment.
11-26-2008, 11:01 AM
nice one, i'll have check it out when i get home from work
a music jukebox sounds nice too

There is nothing to see here, move along.
11-26-2008, 11:10 AM
BTW is this a windows only application? Or is it java and thus will work on linux?
11-26-2008, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2008 04:19 PM by Nono.)
(11-26-2008 11:10 AM)daniel_owen_uk Wrote:  BTW is this a windows only application? Or is it java and thus will work on linux?

Works under Linux.
You have a linux startup script with it but you will have to adjust it for you needs. And since there is no firebird embeded driver for Linux (is there?), you will have to adjust the configuration files (database.properties and kroozbox.properties) and have firebird install. I left notes in those files for Linux specific. This, of course, if you want to use PVD database file. PVD by the way is Windows only.
If you want to use MySQL or any other database, you'll have to adjust accordingly. Check the documentation and the config files for notes.
Also works under Solaris and sanity test under HP-UX.
11-27-2008, 03:25 PM
This looks very interesting/promising so I wanted to test first locally on my server, but I get an error message in my browser when pointing at http://192.168.0.3:8008/

Quote:"*** Error in template parsing - category/error: A-1
/java.lang.Exception: *** Engine factory never started - database connection issue (from configurayion file)? - jdbcDriver: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver - dbURL : jdbc:firebirdsql:embedded: - dbName : KROOZMOVIES.PVD - dbDbAccount: sysdba - dbDbPassword: masterkey

Is there something in the config-files I need to change?
(I'm running Win XP SP3 with java version "1.6.0_10")

Regards from Norway

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Music Video Flow Help agccarmona 8 522 04-02-2014 08:43 PM
Last Post: michael1t
Information [MUSIC] Music Jukebox Release 8 Download and Installation wandidj 1,492 636,983 03-18-2014 10:19 PM
Last Post: yetiboy
  Plex client just stops and returns to jukebox page mendes9 3 581 02-17-2014 02:59 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  Music Jukebox for A300 rd48sec 1 594 02-06-2014 07:28 AM
Last Post: jluc2808
  Music Flow Jukebox 07-12-2011 michael1t 3 3,383 11-12-2013 03:05 PM
Music [MUSIC] MPD JukeBox (MPDJB) joblo10 384 329,450 11-04-2013 10:53 PM
Last Post: hindibuff
  Basic Jukebox for MP4 metadata sebpinski 0 1,275 08-22-2013 03:27 PM
Last Post: sebpinski
  Movie Flow for All Jukebox 03-21-2013 Updated michael1t 212 83,608 08-14-2013 03:16 PM
  music jukebox with ipad remote wesley2004 0 1,957 12-26-2012 12:31 AM
Last Post: wesley2004
  What is wrong? music jukebox config help jplinux3 15 5,151 07-23-2012 07:55 AM
Last Post: jluc2808