Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kroozbox- Personal Video Database - PVD (or any DB) and Music Jukebox to Popcorn Hour
12-15-2008, 11:27 PM
RE: Personal Video Database - PVD (or any DB) to Popcorn Hour
(12-15-2008 09:21 PM)noak Wrote:  Are the changes that you needed to make consist of using a different sql connector and changing the template search strings or was there more to it than that?

Thanks,

Adrian

You only need the connector (i used the jtds type 4 driver for MSSQL) and the proper SQL statements in the templates.

The proof of concept template work properly to connect directly to MyMovies database. But it is not complete (stilll have to do the "start the movie" page) and not sure if I can distribute - this involves reverse engineering of MyMovies database and I am unsure if the MyMovies guy would appriciate - may need to contact them first.
There was also issue with the cover images that needs to be taken from a location on the disk (not the database), but that wasn't a big issue.

I guess I could send you my work so far if you're interrested in continuing.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2008, 11:53 PM
(12-15-2008 11:27 PM)Nono Wrote:  You only need the connector (i used the jtds type 4 driver for MSSQL) and the proper SQL statements in the templates.

The proof of concept template work properly to connect directly to MyMovies database. But it is not complete (stilll have to do the "start the movie" page) and not sure if I can distribute - this involves reverse engineering of MyMovies database and I am unsure if the MyMovies guy would appriciate - may need to contact them first.
There was also issue with the cover images that needs to be taken from a location on the disk (not the database), but that wasn't a big issue.

I guess I could send you my work so far if you're interrested in continuing.

I would defenitely be interested in having a look at your work so far and seeing if I can get it working. I've become quite familiar with the MyMovies DB internals as I do some editing directly to the DB (easier than the GUI for batch updates) but will contact them over at mymovies.dk anyway, just to be on the safe side Wink
12-16-2008, 12:10 AM
(12-15-2008 11:53 PM)noak Wrote:  I would defenitely be interested in having a look at your work so far and seeing if I can get it working. I've become quite familiar with the MyMovies DB internals as I do some editing directly to the DB (easier than the GUI for batch updates) but will contact them over at mymovies.dk anyway, just to be on the safe side Wink

Ok.. I 'll put the MyMovies template in a more "version 1.5" friendly aspect and I'll PM you - maybe tomorrow end of day (if all well).
12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
This Kroozbox app is a dream come true !!!

I started out with other jukebox type apps that needed exports to create static html files etc..etc..

This is by far better than any of those apps as it connects straight to you BD and creates pages according !!

Since i just started with this app, is there a way to remove the "Movie type index" at the top of the main page ?

Thanks
12-16-2008, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2008 08:01 PM by Nono.)
(12-16-2008 06:50 PM)TheGrub Wrote:  This Kroozbox app is a dream come true !!!

I started out with other jukebox type apps that needed exports to create static html files etc..etc..

This is by far better than any of those apps as it connects straight to you BD and creates pages according !!

Since i just started with this app, is there a way to remove the "Movie type index" at the top of the main page ?

Thanks

yeppee. Big Grin .. thats always great to read.
You mean the "genre" listing ("action", "adventure", etc.)?
Look at your template files (in high def its under ./templates/PVDTemplate-HD)
I think the easiest way here is to empty all the 'fileName'-2.html. Don't delete them otherwise the 1,2,3.. sequence will be broken. Open with notepad, erase content and save. Alwyas better to make backup first of course.
Don't empty "SeasonDetail-2", "MovieDetail-2" and "EpisodeDetail-2", these are use for the movie/episode details.
No need to restart Kroozbox when making change (cache will adjust). You may have to restart it if you rename template files dough.

Make sense?
12-16-2008, 08:39 PM
(12-16-2008 07:58 PM)Nono Wrote:  yeppee. Big Grin .. thats always great to read.
You mean the "genre" listing ("action", "adventure", etc.)?
Look at your template files (in high def its under ./templates/PVDTemplate-HD)
I think the easiest way here is to empty all the 'fileName'-2.html. Don't delete them otherwise the 1,2,3.. sequence will be broken. Open with notepad, erase content and save. Alwyas better to make backup first of course.
Don't empty "SeasonDetail-2", "MovieDetail-2" and "EpisodeDetail-2", these are use for the movie/episode details.
No need to restart Kroozbox when making change (cache will adjust). You may have to restart it if you rename template files dough.

Make sense?

Makes perfect sense ! Easily customizable too !!! Great job there !!!!

I have managed to make my ISO work with your latest beta release but i have a question: If the SMB Share is not mounted, will it work ? Or do i have to make sure thant when i start Kroozbox, the SMB Share containing my iso is the one currently mounted ?

Do you plan on getting Multiple SMB Share to work with ISO files in the future ?

Thanks again for this great app and fast support !
12-16-2008, 09:39 PM
(12-16-2008 08:39 PM)TheGrub Wrote:  Makes perfect sense ! Easily customizable too !!! Great job there !!!!

I have managed to make my ISO work with your latest beta release but i have a question: If the SMB Share is not mounted, will it work ? Or do i have to make sure thant when i start Kroozbox, the SMB Share containing my iso is the one currently mounted ?

Do you plan on getting Multiple SMB Share to work with ISO files in the future ?

Thanks again for this great app and fast support !

Well.. Kroozbox is not used when ISO is playing. Kroozbox only serve a link but when the link is selected the request go through SMB and Kroozbox is out of the picture. The Kroozbox HTTP server will manage/serve all other files dough (avi, mkv, vob..etc). So, to answer the question, Kroozbox won't mount the share at the NMT level (is that possible to do remotely???).

Plan of getting multiple SMB share!!!? I don't understand, can you provide a usage case?
12-16-2008, 10:07 PM
(12-16-2008 09:39 PM)Nono Wrote:  Well.. Kroozbox is not used when ISO is playing. Kroozbox only serve a link but when the link is selected the request go through SMB and Kroozbox is out of the picture. The Kroozbox HTTP server will manage/serve all other files dough (avi, mkv, vob..etc). So, to answer the question, Kroozbox won't mount the share at the NMT level (is that possible to do remotely???).

Plan of getting multiple SMB share!!!? I don't understand, can you provide a usage case?

I have 3 external Hard drive. Each one has a share on them that i mount in my pch. So, i could have iso files on share 1, share 2 or share 3. If i understand correctly how Kroozbox works, when it sees that it's an iso file, it replaces the http stream command by the file:/// where i have configures the MyShare variable.

So it would be interesting if Kroozbox could be set to replace with different values depending of what is the path in PVD like:

F:\Share 1\movie.iso
G:\Share 2\movie2.iso

would be replaces by:
file:///....../Share 1/movie.iso
file:///....../Share 2/movie2.iso

But writing about it and reading back at it, i can see how it could be a problem as the pch only mounts one SMB share at a time (? i think ??)
12-16-2008, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2008 10:50 PM by Nono.)
(12-16-2008 10:07 PM)TheGrub Wrote:  I have 3 external Hard drive. Each one has a share on them that i mount in my pch. So, i could have iso files on share 1, share 2 or share 3. If i understand correctly how Kroozbox works, when it sees that it's an iso file, it replaces the http stream command by the file:/// where i have configures the MyShare variable.

So it would be interesting if Kroozbox could be set to replace with different values depending of what is the path in PVD like:

F:\Share 1\movie.iso
G:\Share 2\movie2.iso

would be replaces by:
file:///....../Share 1/movie.iso
file:///....../Share 2/movie2.iso

But writing about it and reading back at it, i can see how it could be a problem as the pch only mounts one SMB share at a time (? i think ??)

I'm sure that we could find some way to configure that but it would defeat the original goal of Kroozbox - easy install/config... I was looking at making a correspondance properties file for location in PVD that gets translate to parameters (to be use in the template). Same as "localMediaRoot" and "dbaseMediaRoot" in the PVD...properties file but with unlimited entries. That would solve the issue of the link but I don't know about multiple share - have to look if we can force a mount from HTTP/HTML content on the NMT.

Another solution I was looking at was to have kroozbox open the ISO and serve a listing of the VOB file inside that then can be selected. But that's an half solution since you don't get the DVD menu and you have to select each of the VOB file. We could hope for NMT to have ISO delivered through HTTP in an next firmware....
By theway update done to version 15a beta at:
http://omertron.com/pch/node/65 (same link)

There was an issue with none embedded database connector. Now, it can be use (again) with any database.

Cheers.
12-16-2008, 10:58 PM
(12-16-2008 10:43 PM)Nono Wrote:  I'm sure that we could find some way to configure that but it would defeat the original goal of Kroozbox - easy install/config... I was looking at making a correspondance properties file for location in PVD that gets translate to parameters (to be use in the template). Same as "localMediaRoot" and "dbaseMediaRoot" in the PVD...properties file but with unlimited entries. That would solve the issue of the link but I don't know about multiple share - have to look if we can force a mount from HTTP/HTML content on the NMT.

Your idea would work perfectly... but the automount is still an issue.. I saw a thread here with people requesting automount of shares at boot time for the next firmware. That, combined with your correspondence properties file would be exactly what we need !

But none the less, you app is definitely amazing and works very well !!!

Thank you for your great work and support !! I am a programmer myself and so i know all the work involved in getting something like this to work.
12-17-2008, 12:45 AM
(12-16-2008 10:58 PM)TheGrub Wrote:  Your idea would work perfectly... but the automount is still an issue.. I saw a thread here with people requesting automount of shares at boot time for the next firmware. That, combined with your correspondence properties file would be exactly what we need !

But none the less, you app is definitely amazing and works very well !!!

Thank you for your great work and support !! I am a programmer myself and so i know all the work involved in getting something like this to work.

Ok.. i'll do the correspondance table for next release (with the music jukebox service).
12-20-2008, 05:06 PM
(12-17-2008 12:45 AM)Nono Wrote:  Ok.. i'll do the correspondance table for next release (with the music jukebox service).

Nice !!! Music jukebox would be amazing too withing kroozbox...

One more question, it takes about 10 seconds to change pages while browsing movies... is this normal ? could i do something to speed this up ?

Thanks
12-20-2008, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2008 05:53 PM by Nono.)
(12-20-2008 05:06 PM)TheGrub Wrote:  Nice !!! Music jukebox would be amazing too withing kroozbox...

One more question, it takes about 10 seconds to change pages while browsing movies... is this normal ? could i do something to speed this up ?

Thanks

10 seconds!!? ouch..
On my NMT it takes one or two seconds (through 54g wireless network access) and from the browser (wired -100mbit) it takes a few milliseconds.
How many movies to you have in the database?
Even if the database access code is not very efficient (I didn't care since it wasn't build to have hundreds of hits/sec), the pages are build swiftly for low access rate.
hmmm.... is it the same behavior from the browser? maybe the cover images are too big (they are not resized by Kroozbox before serving) - typical would be < 500x600 pixel.
If it is fast accessing from the browser (default port:9008), I would suspect something wrong with the NMT network access - is it wireless? maybe seting a static IP for the NMT instead of auto (DNS).
Check your java version (c:>java -version)? Shoudl be 1.5 or more.
What are the specs of the server machine (where Kroozbox is running)?

btw, music jukebox is nearly done.. should be ready a week or two after the holidays.
Let me know.
12-20-2008, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2008 07:04 PM by TheGrub.)
(12-20-2008 05:37 PM)Nono Wrote:  10 seconds!!? ouch..
On my NMT it takes one or two seconds (through 54g wireless network access) and from the browser (wired -100mbit) it takes a few milliseconds.
How many movies to you have in the database?
Even if the database access code is not very efficient (I didn't care since it wasn't build to have hundreds of hits/sec), the pages are build swiftly for low access rate.
hmmm.... is it the same behavior from the browser? maybe the cover images are too big (they are not resized by Kroozbox before serving) - typical would be < 500x600 pixel.
If it is fast accessing from the browser (default port:9008), I would suspect something wrong with the NMT network access - is it wireless? maybe seting a static IP for the NMT instead of auto (DNS).
Check your java version (c:>java -version)? Shoudl be 1.5 or more.
What are the specs of the server machine (where Kroozbox is running)?

btw, music jukebox is nearly done.. should be ready a week or two after the holidays.
Let me know.

It's wired to a wrt54g linksys router.
Running server is a P4 2.8g with 2 gigs of ram
Java is 1.6.x
50 movies in the DB
Images might be a bit big (from 47k to 270k), so 12 images per page gives a max of 2mb. If i transfer through SMB a 5MB file to the pch, it takes like 1 second.
Running from laptop through wireless, takes about 1 second....
Running from the server browser takes like 1 second...

so i don't realy know what's happening here...
12-21-2008, 01:12 AM
My images are around 80k... So, your stuff should be fine.. I rechecked... and loading a page takes between 3 and 5 seconds on my NMT. Is your NMT static IP address or DNS... I know it shouldn't impact but we've seen stranger things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Music Video Flow Help agccarmona 8 519 04-02-2014 08:43 PM
Last Post: michael1t
Information [MUSIC] Music Jukebox Release 8 Download and Installation wandidj 1,492 636,795 03-18-2014 10:19 PM
Last Post: yetiboy
  Plex client just stops and returns to jukebox page mendes9 3 578 02-17-2014 02:59 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  Music Jukebox for A300 rd48sec 1 593 02-06-2014 07:28 AM
Last Post: jluc2808
  Music Flow Jukebox 07-12-2011 michael1t 3 3,377 11-12-2013 03:05 PM
Music [MUSIC] MPD JukeBox (MPDJB) joblo10 384 329,276 11-04-2013 10:53 PM
Last Post: hindibuff
  Basic Jukebox for MP4 metadata sebpinski 0 1,274 08-22-2013 03:27 PM
Last Post: sebpinski
  Movie Flow for All Jukebox 03-21-2013 Updated michael1t 212 83,589 08-14-2013 03:16 PM
  music jukebox with ipad remote wesley2004 0 1,955 12-26-2012 12:31 AM
Last Post: wesley2004
  What is wrong? music jukebox config help jplinux3 15 5,148 07-23-2012 07:55 AM
Last Post: jluc2808