|Applicable to the following NMT|
|Popcorn Hour NMT models:||A-200|
- There will always be users that wish to tailor any electrical device for their own specific needs and so redesign or modify their devices.
- Some of these modifications from Networked Media Tank forum are shown below. None of these modifications should be seen as official or backed by Popcorn Hour.
User posted modifications
- Each forum user has posted pictures of their adaptation of the A-200 on the forum. They may be contacted via PM for advice if you need additional help or advice.
- Feel free to add your own Mod, please keep to the format and style of the existing posts. If you have a couple of pictures and would like some help then please contact the moderators at the NMT forum.
- Great looking handmade case by NMT Forum member makisxxx. More details HERE.
- Some members have drilled holes in the top of the plastic case. Not the most aesthetic modification but will lower the internal temperature.
- Many users have replaced the standard heatsink/fan combo with a new heatsink.
- Here's one from forum member Monza. More detailed information and more pictures HERE.
- Some users have slowed down the fan speed using either off the shelf resistors/controls such as the Zalman Fanmate or have added their own resistor in the wiring.
- Here's an example by forum member lokillo, more information/spec located on the NMT Forum in this POST.
- Here's another example by forum member h-guy, more information on the resistor type and RPM testing on the NMT Forum in the POST.
- It is hoped that more 3rd party Companies will provide custom packages for the NMT's. With the case that the A-200 comes in not being totally acceptable to some, either due to the plastic case, looks, or fan there are opportunities to develop tailor-made solutions to please all owners.
- There are many cases to buy that you can use to replace the Popcorn Hour A-200 plastic case.
- There is only one case so far that has been developed specifically for the A-200, developed by Moovika the French Popcorn Hour reseller. More details HERE.
- The case has been developed based on NMT owners comments in the NMT Forums.
- This custom case also comes with an option. You may if you so wish remove the supplied heatsink/fan and replace it with a supplied L-shaped bracket. You do NOT have to do this, it's optional. You may simply decide you prefer a metal case more akin to the usual AV equipment enclosures. In which case you can simply remove the A-200 motherboard from the plastic case and replace it in the new metal case.
- Temperature reading have been taken on both the standard setup and the new L-shaped bracket. They can be seen HERE and show that the new setup runs considerably cooler over time.