|Type:||Audio conversion utility|
HeartWare's MKV AudioConverter is a Windows 1-click utility that easily converts audio, for instance DTS audio tracks to AC3 (Dolby Digital) in MKV container files. This is useful for Popcorn Hour A-100 or other NMT users who's device does not support DTS downmixing and who do not have the possibility to use a normal reciever/amplifier with DTS support. AudioConverter leaves the rest of the encodings untouched, not quality degrading on video!
- DTS to AC3
- Option to keep DTS track intact, in case an A/V receiver is available.
- OGG to AAC or MP3
- AAC to AC3
- Re-sample low-sample-rate audio tracks
- Auto update of the application
- Auto download dependencies to application
- User reports on the NMT forum claims a 10 GB x264 MKV takes about 7 minutes to convert, but it depends upon your PC performance.
- Choose a bit rate as high as possible - but there's no reason to go much higher than the original bitrate! A good general setting; use 160 or 192 kbit AAC audio and 448 kbit AC3 audio for 5.1 DTS-conversion.
- mkvtoolnix, besweet, ac3fix, and winvorbis (for ogg decoder).