Automatic Acoustic Management Settings Changer
|Name:||Automatic Acoustic Management settings changer|
The Automatic Acoustic Management settings changer (AAMsc) is a utility that can optimize an internal harddisk drive to spin silently or at higher speed depending upon preference. It is based on the open source hdparm. The user friendly NMT interface was originally written by user jusid.
QUIET and FAST setting can be chosen. The setting will remain even after power cycle of the NMT device.
By default most HDD's have FAST setting, which is noisy and not really needed.
The AAMsc has been reported to work with various drives from Samsung, Western Digital, Maxtor etc. by users in the NMT forum thread: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=11822
NOTE: Seagate drives do not support the Automatic Acoustic Management feature, and there might be other brand/models that also do not work with this utility. Please report your findings in the forum thread above.
Download AAMsc here: http://rapidshare.com/files/168869317/acoustic.zip
- Unpack archive contents to USB stick.
- Plug USB stick into the NMT.
- Open USB stick via your NMT user interface:
- Click the 4th icon, on the far right. This is the web page selector.
- Select acoustic.html
- Select "Run from XXXX", where XXXXX is the drive you chose in step 3 (for example USB_DRIVE_A-1).