BigLarry's Video Jukebox
NOTE: This project appears to be abandoned!
|Name:||BigLarry's Video Jukebox|
|Current Version:||Beta 0.01|
|Website:||[NMT forum thread]|
BigLarry's Video Jukebox is a stand-alone Jukebox, one of the few that work completely straight on the NMT without any auxiliary application on a PC or server. This jukebox was, as the name reveals, originally developed by user BigLarry.
Here is a quick YouTube video overview:
Everything on the video didn't make it to this first beta release but it's getting there.
- Internal HDD
- Telnet or FTP enabled
- Unzip and ftp to a location on your hard drive, for testing purposes put it in:
- chmod the BLMJ folder itself and the following internal folders: the bigimages folder, the biglarrymj file. This can be done via FTP with the SITE CHMOD 777 command.
- You've got one file to edit, which is in the config folder: drives.txt
- Edit this file to show the folders your movie files are in, i.e:
- Go on your NMT A110 and choose the 4th icon along and browse to your Video/BLMJ folder on and you will see index.html.
- Select this and you should see the main interface.
- For starters you will need to move down to BUILD DATA and select it, this will take some time and the cursor will stop circling when it's done.
- Now go to Movies or Genres and you should see your movies/genres.
- Browse to the film, letter you want etc. and click Play to play it.
- Should you delete a movie off your drive, use the PRUNE DATA option to tidy your database up.
Quick points to note
- This may crash.
- This is beta.
- For now, it can't scan USB drives for media.
- It is mainly tested on a Popcorn A-110.
- If we can between us get this into some sort of shape, then the possibilities for feature add-ons is quite large.
- Let's walk before we run.
Feedback and bug reports
Please submit your findings in this thread: