|Applicable only for the following:|
|PCH NMT models:||A100/110/B110|
What file systems are supported?
File system Read Write ext2/3 X X FAT 16/32 X X HFS+ X X NTFS X
FAT 16/32 has a 4GB max filesize limit.
What network file sharing protocols are supported?
The NMT supports Samba (CIFS), NFS, HTTP (MyiHome), and FTP.
What speeds should I expect when streaming over the network?
Assuming you are using a 100mbit (wired) connection end-to-end:
- SMB: ~38Mbps
- NFS: ~33Mbps
- HTTP (MyiHome): ~42Mbps (same clip peaks at 47Mbps)
For direct attached devices:
- USB HDD: ~ 42Mbps
- USB DVDROM (8x): ~42Mbps
- Internal HDD: ~42Mbps
What is the best network connection for playing back high bitrate content?
Based on the answer to the previous question, HTTP (MyiHome) is the preferred method as it is the fastest. However it does not support .iso/.ifo files, the next best choice is SMB which supports those file formats.
Why I can't view my DVD .iso file using MyiHome?
Currently MyiHome does not support DVD playback. Please use NFS or SMB instead.
I am experiencing video/audio drop out when playing some high bit rate contents
- If you are not using HTTP try one of the http servers apps, they offer the fastest network streaming.
- If your PC is connected via Wi-Fi try connecting it directly into your wired network.
- Make sure there aren't any other problems with your network.
If you still have problems streaming media over the network you can search the forum for more help, or try using local storage instead (internal hard drive, usb drive, etc).
How do I configure my NMT to access SMB/NFS shares?
- Setting up a SMB share:
- Go to "Setup" -> "Media Server" -> "Network Share"
- Browse your SMB network and add the path to the list, or manually enter the path to your SMB share, for example:
- Setting up a NFS share:
- Go to "Setup" -> "Media Server" -> "Network Share"
- Type in the full path to your NFS share, for example:
- The colon after "hostname" or "IP address" is required.
Note: <IP address> should be replaced with your server's IP address, i.e. "192.168.2.1". The same applies for <hostname> and <folder>.
How do I access the NMT hard drive via SMB or FTP?
If your NMT has a hard drive installed, you can access it via SMB or FTP.
- Via SMB:
- (On Windows) Open a file browsing window, and enter the address:
The default username for SMB access is nmt and the default password is 1234.
- Via FTP:
- Use an ftp client to access
The default username for FTP access is ftpuser for the A100/110 and nmt for the C200, the default password is 1234. On Windows, you can use a file browsing window with the address:
ftp://ftpuser@<IP address> . Enter 1234 when it prompts for a password.
Note: <IP address> should be replaced with your NMT's IP address, i.e. "192.168.2.1".
For a more detailed instruction see Connecting to the internal disk.
Can I connect a USB keyboard to NMT?
Yes, a USB keyboard can be used with the NMT. Command keys are as follows:
- In browser mode:
Key Function Windows key Home F1 URL F2 Info F3 Back F5 Refresh PageUp Page Up PageDown Page Down Backspace Delete
- During video playback:
Key Function Q Previous W Play E Next A Rewind S Stop D Fast forward X Pause C Slow
NMT Hardware Questions (Popcorn Hour A-100)
How do I fully shutdown the player when there is no power-off button?
There is no power button on the a-100. You can use your remote to turn off your a-100.
Press Power + Delete/clear button
How do I reset the player
There is no reset button on the a-100. You can use your remote to reset your a-100 instead of unplugging the power cord.
Press Power + Eject button
Can I plug a external DVD rom?
Yes you can, the USB port can support external DVD rom. However the sigma 8634 chip does not perform CSS decryption, your DVD must not be CSS protected.
Can I eject the external DVD rom by using the remote?
Yes, there is an eject button on the remote.
Can a external USB HDD function like a internal HDD?
USB HDD will not have same functionality as internal drive. Internal drive consider as non-removable drive that allows NMT apps to mount, but USB HDD consider as removable drive which NMT not able to dynamic mount and unmount the NMT apps.
What are the TV-mode shortcut keys command?
- TV Mode + 0 = Auto TV mode - TV Mode + 1 = Component/Composite NTSC 480i - TV Mode + 2 = Component/Composite PAL 576i - TV Mode + 3 = reserved - TV Mode + 4 = HDMI/Component 720p50 - TV Mode + 5 = HDMI/Component 1080i50 - TV Mode + 6 = HDMI/Component 1080p50 - TV Mode + 7 = HDMI/Component 720p60 - TV Mode + 8 = HDMI/Component 1080i60 - TV Mode + 9 = HDMI/Component 1080p60 Note: Goto Setup->Audio/Video, do a Save to make it persistent
How do I play all the files in the same folder?
Press PLAY to play all files in the folder, pressing ENTER will play only the single file highlighted
After getting out of standby, there is no video signal
This is due to Video output mode changed by the TV mode key is not saved to flash. - Workaround: Goto Setup->Audio / Video, and do a save
There is no video signal detected with HDMI connection during initial setup
- Connect your NMT to Composite input of your TV
- Boot up and you should see first boot up logo
- Wait until the screen goes blank
- Press TV Mode + 1 for NTSC or TV Mode + 2 for PAL
- If you see the color menu in Composite
- Try to set the HDMI output at Setup -> Audio/Video and do a save.
- Connect your NMT to HDMI input of your TV.
- Power up NMT
There is no video signal after changing to an unsupported tvmode!!
- Wait for the black screen to appear after the loading logo disappears
- Press and release the tvmode button on the remote
- Wait a second
- Press and release the button that corresponds to a setting your TV can display, usually '7'
- If you TV still does not give a picture after a few seconds then repeat the tvmode press and wait then press '0'
- When you have your picture back ensure that you do NOT leave the video output on AUTO
How do I select different audio tracks for my AVI file?
Select your track, then use Time Seek to activate the changes
Does NMT support subtitles?
Yes, currently the NMT support subtitles in the following format.
SRT SMI SUB SSA
You need to rename the subtitle file to be the same name as your movie and place it in the same folder.
Does NMT support other subtitle language other than english?
Currently the NMT provide support for simplified chinese, and most European languages.
Why my subtitle does not display?
Please make sure that it is in the format that NMT support
The filename must be the same as the movie name and in the same folder
Select the subtitle language at setup and remember to save it.
Does NMT support embedded subtitles in mkv?
Yes! It is supported with firmware 00-15-071213-14-POP-402 update
1. Ensure that the embedded subtitles are supported by NMT, for example: .srt, .sub, .smi and .ssa *
2. Turn on subtitle by pressing "subtitle" button on teh remote controle
3. To select different language, after pressing "subtitle", follow up "UP" key to scroll and toggle
4. "Left" & "Right" changes subtitle sync
- At present (February 26, 2009), The NMT platform does NOT YET support VOBSUB subtitles, also known as .sub/.idx. These are bitmap-based as opposed to text-based subtitles. Support for external .sub/.idx is in beta testing and will be released when error-free.
How do I back up my DVD that can be play back by NMT?
- You can backup your DVD into .iso format
- If your movie is backup in .img format, sometimes renaming it to .iso will help.
- DVD support in .iso is only supported via NFS/SMB connection at this time. It will not work with the http based MyiHome. If you are having judder or audio drop out problems with SMB share you may try NFS instead.
Why is all video black, although I can hear sound and see the On-Screen-Display?
This happens for example when a failed reboot occurs and all values like Brightness, Hue, Contrast are set to Zero. To solve this, press "SETUP" on the Remote during video-playback and re-set the values. 50 is the default (Cycle through with Up/Down, set with Left/Right).