Popcorn Hour A-100
Popcorn Hour A-100 allows you to pull in digital video, audio and photos from various sources for your enjoyment on your HDTV or Home Theater setup.
You can stream or playback your digital media content from a variety of sources, such as your PC, NAS, digital camera, USB mass storage devices (Flash drive, HDD, DVD drive) , internal HDD* and even directly from the Internet via the Media Service Portal.
It also serves as a NAS and a BitTorrent peer-to-peer downloader** to eliminate the need to switch on a PC or other device for this purpose.
The Popcorn Hour A-100 supports the latest high bitrate video formats (MPEG2 MP@HL, H.264 HP@L4.1, VC-1 AP@L3 in TS of at least 40Mbps) to give you up to 1080p high-definition videos.
In recognition of advances in Internet TV, the A-100 supports peer-to-peer Internet TV streaming technology from SayaTV, as well as popular unicast internet TV such as YouTube, Revision 3 and Vuze via the Media Service Portal.
The A-100 firmware is upgradeable to support future media containers, codecs and features.
- HDD not included but Western Digital HDD are not recommended for Popcorn Hour A-100 from user's feedback and our internal test
- An internal HDD is required for these functions.
For a list of connectivity features, please refer to Connectivity
For a list of web services, please refer to Web Services
For a list of the supported formats, please refer to Supported Formats
- Sigma Designs SMP8635
- 256MB DDR SDRAM, 32MB Flash
- HDMI v1.1 (up to 1080p)
- Component Video (up to 1080p)
- Composite Video
- Stereo Analog Audio
- S/PDIF Coaxial Digital Audio
- 2x USB 2.0 host (placed at front)
- Ethernet 10/100
- Optional support for Wireless N using the Popcorn Hour WN-100 USB adapter
- 12V DC, 3A
- Width 10.5"(270mm) x Depth 5.25" (132mm) x Height 1.25" (32mm)
- 2.2 lbs (1 kg)
- Popcorn Hour A-100 (HDD not included)
- 100~240V Power Adapter and 3 Prong Flat US Cord
- 1.5M length HDMI cable
- Remote Control with 2 "AAA" batteries
- Quick start guide