Firmware Recovery A-100
|Applicable only for the following:|
|PCH NMT models:||A100/110/B110|
This is the method for making a firmware recovery. It might help some users who have no other alternative to resolve some issue.
How To Recover
This method is only applicable for the Popcorn Hour A-100.
1.) Download the following zip file: http://files.syabas.com/popcornhour/download/recovery_080612.zip
2.) Unzip both *.bin files into the root of a USB thumbdrive and plug the USB thumbdrive into the Popcorn Hour A-100 USB port.
3.) Connect the Popcorn Hour A-100 to a TV through the Component or Composite outputs (do not connect with HDMI).
4.) Power up (Plug in) the Popcorn Hour A-100.
5.) Component or Composite video will display following colours depending on the recovery status:
ALL RED SCREEN (4:3 ratio) - Required binaries on USB thumbdrive detected, starts recovery WHITE DOTS ON A RED SCREEN BACKGROUND (4:3 ratio) - reprogramming ALL YELLOW SCREEN (4:3 ratio) - Recovery failed ALL WHITE SCREEN (4:3 ratio) - Recovery success
6.) After successful recovery, power cycle will bring it up again to 01-17-080612-15-POP-402 firmware.
If steps 1 - 6 stated above fail or do not produce a white screen, follow these instructions:
- Power down the Popcorn Hour A-100 (unplug it from the power supply).
- Insert a jumper on uart0
- Plug the same USB thumbdrive with the same bin files into the Popcorn Hour A-100 USB port and the same component or composite cables into the Popcorn Hour A-100 and TV. If these cables have not been removed since you followed steps 1-6, just leave them plugged in.
- Power up the Popcorn Hour A-100
- Follow steps number 5 and 6 above.
- When the all white screen comes on, power down the unit.
- Remove the jumper.
- Remove USB thumbdrive, component and/or composite cables.
- Your Popcorn Hour will is now using 01-17-080612-15-POP-402 firmware.
- Plug in desired connectors (HDMI, Component, Network, optical, etc.) and pat yourself on the back for successfully fixing your Popcorn Hour A-100.