Firmware Recovery B-110
This is a method of making a firmware recovery. Useful if you have tried other alternatives such as factory reset etc. and wish to reflash the B110.
How to Recover
This method is only applicable for the Popcorn Hour B-110.
1.) Download the following zip file: http://files.syabas.com/popcornhour/download/b110_recovery_080614.zip
2.) Unzip both *.bin files into the root of a USB thumbdrive and plug the USB thumbdrive into the Popcorn Hour B-110 USB port.
3.) Connect the Popcorn Hour B-110 to a TV through the Component or Composite outputs (do not connect with HDMI).
4.) Power up (Plug in) the Popcorn Hour B-110.
5.) Component or Composite video will display following colours depending on the recovery status:
ALL RED SCREEN (4:3 ratio) - Required binaries on USB thumbdrive detected, starts recovery WHITE DOTS ON A RED SCREEN BACKGROUND (4:3 ratio) - reprogramming ALL YELLOW SCREEN (4:3 ratio) - Recovery failed ALL WHITE SCREEN (4:3 ratio) - Recovery success
6.) After successful recovery, power cycle will bring it up again to 01-17-080614-15-POP-405 firmware.
If steps 1 - 6 stated above fail or do not produce a white screen, follow these instructions:
- Power down the Popcorn Hour B-110 (unplug it from the power supply).
- Insert a jumper on uart0
- Plug the same USB thumbdrive with the same bin files into the Popcorn Hour B-110 USB port and the same component or composite cables into the Popcorn Hour B-110 and TV. If these cables have not been removed since you followed steps 1-6, just leave them plugged in.
- Power up the Popcorn Hour B-110
- Follow steps number 5 and 6 above.
- When the all white screen comes on, power down the unit.
- Remove the jumper.
- Remove USB thumbdrive, component and/or composite cables.
- Your Popcorn Hour will is now using 01-17-080614-15-POP-405 firmware.
- Plug in desired connectors (HDMI, Component, Network, optical, etc.) and pat yourself on the back for successfully fixing your Popcorn Hour B-110.