Installing an Internal Drive
Popcorn Hour A-100
Video here showing how to install the IDE HDD inside the A100.
Popcorn Hour A-110
The Popcorn Hour A-110 supports one internal SATA drive, either 3.5" or 2.5". You can use this drive to store NMT applications or media files (video, photos, etc).
You will need:
- NMT unit
- Internal SATA drive. A list of drives that others have reported as suitable can be found in the HDD Compatibility A-100/A-110 page.
- Phillips screwdriver
- Packet of 4 screws - short screws for 2.5" drives and longer screws for 3.5" drives (both of these are supplied with the NMT unit)
To install the drive, follow these steps:
- Unplug all cables from the NMT
- Remove the top cover of the NMT unit by unscrewing the four thumb screws
- Insert your hard disk drive (HDD) by lining up the SATA connector of the drive with the matching connector on the NMT unit and carefully pushing them together. (Tip: a separate power cable is not required)
- Holding the HDD in place, carefully turn the NMT unit upside down (make sure the drive doesn't fall out or break the SATA connector)
- Find correct bag of screws in PCH box - 3.5" or 2.5" (different length)
- Identify the four holes where the screws go, and insert the screws. They should not be loose but not overtightened - overtightened screws can sometimes cause problems accessing or formatting the HD.
- replace cover and thumb screws
Now you can configure the drive and install some NMT applications on the drive:
- Reconnect the power, network and AV connectors
- Power on NMT
- On the NMT display, go to Setup > Maintenance and select NMT Setup Wizard
- Proceed with wizard
- Select newly installed HDD
- Select whether to download the applications or install them from a USB source (download is recommended if you have Internet connectivity)
- Agree to license (tip: use the Page Up and Page Down buttons on the remote to read all the text onscreen)
- Wait for wizard to format the drive, complete (percentage indicator onscreen)
Tip: Setting up the drive (formatting and installing the apps) will take some time, approaching an hour for larger hard drives. Be patient and wait for the process to complete.
Popcorn Hour C-200
For details on how to install a HDD in the C200 see C200 first steps