|Type:||Media Jukebox and utility|
Oversight is a minimalistic Jukebox with unique features such as Usenet downloader post processing. Oversight was originally developed by lordy.
It is aimed at people that regularly download content to their internal hard drive, and who want to quickly identify and access the most recently downloaded material.
By default it shows the most recently downloaded content first. When combined with automated nzb downloading this provides an environment that can automatically record series and announce when new content is ready for viewing, much like a PVR.
Main movie 'wall' view:
Movie detail view:
Main goals and features:
- Display latest content - Quicky find whatever has recently been added with no searching or browsing at all.
- Low maintenance - no PC needed for indexing or generation of html etc.
- Mark videos as watched. - useful to remember where you are when watching series.
- Fewer Pages to browse through - Give a quick an overview of what content is present without requiring too many page draws (NMT is slow for non-video processing)
- Hands free, zero-touch indexing, - no manual renaming of files to help the application do its work
- Load and go. Default configuration will index internal HD
- Looks good on SD. Developed on a 36 CRT, so the main overview is mostly text to save space. Some basic artwork is displayed on drill down. This is unlikely to change. This keeps the front screen free of the Kaleidoscope effect of showing too many different covers in a small space, whilst allowing a lot of titles to be displayed. The NMT is not a fast platform for scrolling many pages of large DVD artwork on an SD screen.
- Automatic SD/HD TV detection: I have added some tvmode detection for a better layout on larger Flat Panel TVs.
- Sort by name or date.
- Support multiple films in one folder.
- Support split films.
- Although there is now a full file renaming capability in unpak.sh/catalog.sh, it is not really needed anymore if using OverSight, I would only use it to change folder names. File names provide useful information if you have to ever rebuild from scratch.
- The next release will have a Cross-View facility - allowing remote access to the OverSight main screen , between NMT units.
Oversight originally has a text mode menu which it still retains. This is useful for 4:3 screens.