Popcorn Hour A-300
- The Popcorn Hour A-200/A-210 was the follow-up to the first small sized player the 100 series. The 200 series has a more powerful processor and the new A-300 gets an even more powerful chip, the 8647, plus true gigabit. Basically now the Sigma chip has Gigabit I/O channels whereas on the 200 series we had a Gigabit NIC but two 100/10 I/O channels. Reported performance is at least double that of the 200 series and incompatibility issues should be overcome.
- It has support for 2.5"/3.5" SATA HDD and USB Host and Slave functionality to improve connectivity and transfer rates.
- HDMI is 1.3a spec, allowing full support of HD Audio pass-through for DTS HD-HR, DTS HD-MA, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD. *DTS Stereo is available giving audio from DTS files when connected directly to a TV.
- No full resolution 3D but half resolution SBS and TAB 3D are supported.
- The ports on the device have also been reconfigured, with a USB port on the front and back and a USB slave port on the rear as well. S/PDIF both optical and coaxial are present and a hardware reset button to allow for easier use of the device.
- The device can be turned fully ON and OFF with the remote alone.
- The USB Slave port is USB3. The reason why the host ports are not USB3 is because the chip cannot saturate USB2 so USB3 is not required. When transferring to/from your PC using USB Slave you can take advantage of USB3 if you PC can handle it.
- The Sigma 8647 has a 800mhz cpu and an additional L2 cache, the A-300 uses a Flash User Interface and Jukeboxes. You can still use YAMJ but will need to also use Eversion and a Flash skin.
- UPnP SSDP
- UPnP AV
- Windows Media Connect
- Windows Media Player NSS
- BitTorrent Download
- Usenet Download
- myiHomeMS (UPnP)
Supported Media File Formats
- Video containers: MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V),MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG, DAT, VOB),MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS),AVI, ASF, WMV,Matroska (MKV),MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4
- Video Decoders: XVID SD/HD,MPEG-1,MPEG-2 MP@HL,MPEG-4.2 ASP@L5, 720p, 1-point GMC,MPEG-4.10 (H.264) : BP@L3, MP@L4.0, HP@L4.0, HP@L4.1,WMV9 : MP@HL,SMPTE 421M (VC-1) : MP@HL, AP@L3
- Audio Containers: AAC, M4A,MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA),WAV,WMA,FLAC,OGG
- Audio Decoders: Dolby Digital,DTS,WMA, WMA Pro,MPEG-1 Layer 1, 2, 3,MPEG-4 AAC-LC,MPEG-4 HE-AAC,MPEG-4 BSAC,LPCM,FLAC,Vorbis,TrueAudio,APE Audio
- Audio Pass-Through: DTS, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA,Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD
- Other Formats: ISO, IFO navigation,AVCHD navigation,Simple BD navigation
- Photo Formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
- Subtitle Formats: Opensubtitle support, SRT, MicroDVD SUB, SSA, SUB/IDX
- Cardea DRM (WMDRM-ND),Janus DRM (WMDRM-PD)
- Sigma Designs SMP8647 800MHz with L2 Cache.
- 512MB DDR2 DRAM, 256MB NAND Flash
- HDMI v1.3a, YPbPr, CVBS, Stereo Audio/PDIF, Digital Optical
- Power LED and Attention LED
- 1x USB 2.0 Host Front and Back
- 1 x USB 3.0 Slave
- Internal mounting for 2.5" or 3.5" SATA HDD
- Infra-Red Remote Control, Full power down, standby and power up by remote control
- Service pin hole for TV Mode switching and shutting down without remote control.
- Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps
- 12V DC, 3A Max
- Width x Depth x Height : 265mm x 135mm x 45mm (10.4" x 5.31" x 1.77")
- 1Kg (2.2 lbs)
- High Quality Vented Aluminum Case
- Fanless Operation
- Popcorn Hour A-300 (HDD not included)
- IEC 60320 C13 power cord
- 12V 3A AC-DC Adapter
- 1.5M length HDMI cable
- USB cable
- IR Remote Control with 2 "AAA" batteries
- Screws for 2.5" / 3.5" HDD
- Quick start guide
- Installation Guide
- There are 2 USB cables, one is a short cable for USB extension purpose, one is a USB slave cable
- Download the A300 user manual HERE.